Pregnancy And Parenting

Well the last three days have been trying. She feels icky and stressed and as a result is and her words not mine " a right miserable bitch " everything makes her angry. I found her shouting at the cat today for some misdemeanor. Please tell me this will pass. We are in weeksix by the way

Well the last three days have been trying. She feels icky and stressed and as a result is and her words not mine " a right miserable bitch " everything makes her angry. I found her shouting at the cat today for some misdemeanor. Please tell me this will pass. We are in weeksix by the way

It may pass. However, I've seen no evidence of it yet, three years down the line. I think it takes about 18 years or so to go away.

Yes, very much so! I woke up screaming at 4am one morning and my husband shat himself as he thought I'd gone into labour... Bananas are good, apparently?

Is that just another word for Penis?

I am never eating a fruit salad at your house.

:lol:

I found her shouting at the cat today for some misdemeanor.

:lol:

I remember the craziness. Thank f**k I've had the snip.

I hate to tell you this, but all women are different and there's just no way of knowing. The sicky feeling normally passes at the start of the second trimester, so she'll have another 6-8 weeks of that yet, and hopefully when that eases up (on the assumption that's she's not one of the unlucky ones that suffers morning sickness right the way through) she'll maybe be a bit less irritable. Tell her not to be too hard on herself, make her a cup of tea (make sure you've got some tissues to hand. Acts of kindness on your part may well be met with an emotional outpouring of some sort) and remind her it's not her fault. Then take yourself off to another room or out into the garden and kick something.

I hate to tell you this, but all women are different and there's just no way of knowing. The sicky feeling normally passes at the start of the second trimester, so she'll have another 6-8 weeks of that yet, and hopefully when that eases up (on the assumption that's she's not one of the unlucky ones that suffers morning sickness right the way through) she'll maybe be a bit less irritable. Tell her not to be too hard on herself, make her a cup of tea (make sure you've got some tissues to hand. Acts of kindness on your part may well be met with an emotional outpouring of some sort) and remind her it's not her fault. Then take yourself off to another room or out into the garden and kick something.

Spot on. My missus has been great right through, i've only been in trouble a couple of times. My friends however, his missus was a tad pshyco right through.

Cant remember if i posted this in here or not but just found out my mates kid who is 6 months old has meningitis. Has been through in edinburgh all weekend but now back to Ninewells hospital, very sick she is right now and having small seizures. A very sad sitution for my mate and his partner.

:(

Thats awful! Really scary stuff. :(

Hope she's gets better soon!

My girlfriend has been complaining of feeling dizzyness over the last few days. Did anyone else have this during pregnancy and is it worth mentioning?

could be a wee touch of anaemia. if she goes to the docs, they'll run a blood test and possibly prescribe some iron tablets.

edit to add: yes, it's worth mentioning, as are all symptoms she's not sure of but it's also completely normal.

Edited by gingapar

My girlfriend has been complaining of feeling dizzyness over the last few days. Did anyone else have this during pregnancy and is it worth mentioning?

My GP is of the opinion that no matter how small it may seem, mention it to them/midwife. :)

I'm having a name crisis.

Edited by Rowan

I'm having a name crisis.

I'm having a sickness crisis. :(

Following on from Thomas' illness a fortnight ago we now have two boys, both running a temperature, coughing and up and down like yo-yo's all last night and no doubt tonight also. To cap it all Steven has just thrown up all over himself, his sleeping bag and me. He's away back to sleep though (cleaned up). I think (hope) it was just brought up along with wind rather than an indication of anything more serious.

Oh, and Thomas is wheezing again. Looks like he might just be one of those people who get a wee touch of asthma when they have the cold. He's probably got that from me as I'm the same. :(

Edited by Skyline Drifter

I'm having a sickness crisis. :(

Following on from Thomas' illness a fortnight ago we now have two boys, both running a temperature, coughing and up and down like yo-yo's all last night and no doubt tonight also. To cap it all Steven has just thrown up all over himself, his sleeping bag and me. He's away back to sleep though (cleaned up). I think (hope) it was just brought up along with wind rather than an indication of anything more serious.

Oh, and Thomas is wheezing again. Looks like he might just be one of those people who get a wee touch of asthma when they have the cold. He's probably got that from me as I'm the same. :(

Been a bloody marvelous weekend again. Both boys up at the Infirmary After Hours Clinic today and they've both thrown up all over me twice in the last couple of days. Not sure who is closer to running out of clothes, them or me!

Thomas has bronchialitis apparently, which just means whatever he has, it's causing him to wheeze and cough a lot and he isn't getting any sleep (and therefore neither are we). He was up every hour last night. He's away to his granny's tonight partly to give us a rest but mainly because Steven is also ill now. He has a virus and cough which he's been dealing with for a few days now. He's not having anything like the difficulty Thomas has been but he erupted into a fairly dramatic rash all over his back, chest and scalp today which we thought was chicken pox but it isn't. It's just a side effect of the virus, much like Thomas had a fortnight ago but not quite a dramatic as that.

My car knows it's own way to the hospital now and I think we're there more often than some of the staff! Been a hell of a start to the year. It's so incredibly difficult and frustrating when infants are ill because they can't tell you what's wrong and they don't understand it. You feel so incredibly useless. :(