Pregnancy And Parenting

Guest The Phoenix

Hope things take a turn for the better soon, Rowan.

In other news, The Phoenix, can't wait for 1 February - grandchild number two!

Grandchild number one will be three in March.

He's already made his first appearance for the Binos...

post-7951-0-67862500-1325714723_thumb.jp

Hope things take a turn for the better soon, Rowan.

In other news, The Phoenix, can't wait for 1 February - grandchild number two!

Could have rely us sooner old yin! Congrats!

Grandchild number one will be three in March.

He's already made his first appearance for the Binos...

post-7951-0-67862500-1325714723_thumb.jp

Guest The Phoenix

you must be older than people think. even your grandson is in sepia!

:lol:

I'm certainly older than I think I am.

I'm 60 this year but look about 45. :ph34r:

Edit: And act about 14.

Edited by The Phoenix

1 night for us, think we finally got to bed around 3am or so, from starting at 7.

Just dont give up because your tired, in the long run its worth it all

What that went a lot better than expected.

After his bath and bottle, a few bedtime stories we took him upstairs wide awake about quarter to eight and placed him in his cot, there was a few grumbles for a few minutes but he was straight out like a light, no fuss. He woke up at half two this morning, there was on/off crying for about 35mins with us popping in every ten mins or so just to reassure him. That was him untill half six this morning.

Thats monumental for zak. :D

Not counting our chickens yet but hopefully he's going to grasp it fairly quickly.

Edited by Cyber_soccer

What that went a lot better than expected.

After his bath and bottle, a few bedtime stories we took him upstairs wide awake about quarter to eight and placed him in his cot, there was a few grumbles for a few minutes but he was straight out like a light, no fuss. He woke up at half two this morning, there was on/off crying for about 35mins with us popping in every ten mins or so just to reassure him. That was him untill half six this morning.

Thats monumental for zak. :D

Not counting our chickens yet but hopefully he's going to grasp it fairly quickly.

Congrats, it's a fantastic feeling when they start being able to go to sleep on their own, it really is a big breakthrough.

Harry is now 15 weeks, and is a pretty happy child. He doesn't sleepmuch during the day, probably about 45 minutes in total, which can be frustrating as you can see that he really wants to sleep. Charlie is probably not as involved as I had hoped he would be, he doesn't really bother with Harry unless we ask him if he wants a cuddle or a kiss with him. I reckon once Harry is a bit more active then we will notice an improvement.

LM is taking Harry to Bristol next weekend for a quick visit so I'll be at home alone with Charlie. Looking forward to spending some quality time alone with him and think it will do him good as he has sort of been pushed to one side a little since Harry came along.

Congrats, it's a fantastic feeling when they start being able to go to sleep on their own, it really is a big breakthrough.

Harry is now 15 weeks, and is a pretty happy child. He doesn't sleepmuch during the day, probably about 45 minutes in total, which can be frustrating as you can see that he really wants to sleep. Charlie is probably not as involved as I had hoped he would be, he doesn't really bother with Harry unless we ask him if he wants a cuddle or a kiss with him. I reckon once Harry is a bit more active then we will notice an improvement.

LM is taking Harry to Bristol next weekend for a quick visit so I'll be at home alone with Charlie. Looking forward to spending some quality time alone with him and think it will do him good as he has sort of been pushed to one side a little since Harry came along.

Last night was definately a breakthrough, its just a case of sticking with it now.

I can probably understand why the older one is not too involved at the moment, I can't imagine young babies are too exciting for a kiddy. They'll be interacting before long. It'll be great for him having a day with his dad...I can't wait for Zak to be old enough to get excited about having a day with his daddy, taking him down to watch some local footie (or coming to watch me), sneaking a wee happy meal in and all that malarky. Gets me excited.

NiAmhs sleep had been out of sorts with the upheaval we rolled with it and she was in with us but last night settled fine in cot. Turnip tonight.....never heard of someone reacting to turnip!!

NiAmhs sleep had been out of sorts with the upheaval we rolled with it and she was in with us but last night settled fine in cot. Turnip tonight.....never heard of someone reacting to turnip!!

We have been really lucky Jack has been sleeping throught the night for the last 2 1/2 weeks. About 10 or 11 hours - he does make some crazy noises during the night and occasionally needs a quick nappy change or to be settled but so far so good.

We have been using the techniques in this book but even at that I think he is just a sleepy wee guy.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sleep-Easy-Way-Peaceful-Nights/dp/1841881856/ref=sr_1_14?ie=UTF8&qid=1325841393&sr=8-14

He cut out his middle of the night feed by himself and we maintain the bedtime routine of bath, massage, bottle then bed. We are currently bringing his bedtime forward by 15 minutes every week currently going to bed at 9pm.

I've just experienced my first "sick all over the shoulder and right down my arm". Pleasant, NOT! :barf

Been there, done that, washed that particular t-shirt several times!

We had a major daddy obsession from Steven this morning. Nothing would do from anyone else. Everything was "daddy do it". Tantrum when I went for a shower until he was allowed to climb the stairs and be in the same room. Wouldn't put his shoes on until Daddy did it for him. Wouldn't eat breakfast unless daddy helped. Wouldn't put his jacket on until daddy put it on him. Wouldn't go to the car unless daddy took him. Burst into tears when daddy said he had to go to work.

:D

Guest The Phoenix

Been there, done that, washed that particular t-shirt several times!

We had a major daddy obsession from Steven this morning. Nothing would do from anyone else. Everything was "daddy do it". Tantrum when I went for a shower until he was allowed to climb the stairs and be in the same room. Wouldn't put his shoes on until Daddy did it for him. Wouldn't eat breakfast unless daddy helped. Wouldn't put his jacket on until daddy put it on him. Wouldn't go to the car unless daddy took him. Burst into tears when daddy said he had to go to work.

:D

You'd think the milkman would have more important things to be doing. :ph34r:;)

(Joking! :D )

What age is Charlie? (I know I'd be able to find it if I trawl back through the thread....) New babies don't do much other than sleep, eat and cry, so there isn't a lot for another child to inter act with, as you say Charlie will probably get a bit more involved when Harry starts moving about.

Nr 11 grandchild is 18 months and his wee brother is 5 months, nr 11 is taking a bit more interest now that nr 12 is a bit older, gives him kisses and hugs and trys to involve him in his "games". (Not recommended.) However he has more inter action with his 2 older cousins who are 2 and 3 respectively.

He's inter acting very badly with his 2 year old cousin at the moment, as the 2 of them fight/wrestle/tug of war over 2 toy cars. We thought if they got 1 each to play with it would solve the problem - no such luck.

Edited by Jacksgranda

He's inter acting very badly with his 2 year old cousin at the moment, as the 2 of them fight/wrestle/tug of war over 2 toy cars. We thought if they got 1 each to play with it would solve the problem - no such luck.

We have that all the time. Steven always wants to play with or read whatever Thomas actually is playing with or reading. Doesn't matter what it is nor even whether we have another one exactly the same lying next to it (there are several duplicate books / magazines / toys). He wants what his brother has, end of story. Thomas gets enormously frustrated about it and ends up either leaving whatever he was playing with alone and going to get something else, in which case the cycle starts again five minutes later, or lashing out and getting sent to the naughty chair.

Edited by Skyline Drifter