Pregnancy And Parenting

We had a few shakey unassisted steps here today.biggrin.gif

We started with a few shakey steps a month ago, he can now toddle fine, he's got from one side of the living room to the other by himself. However, he still crawls most of the time, I think its because he knows he can get where he wants to go much quicker that way.

We have had couple wobbly steps this week and she now has no problem getting from seated to standing without and sofas etc. Had an evening in short stay peads and a morning in a&e this week.

We started with a few shakey steps a month ago, he can now toddle fine, he's got from one side of the living room to the other by himself. However, he still crawls most of the time, I think its because he knows he can get where he wants to go much quicker that way.

Madi is definitely a crawler! If anything it'll hold her back in learning to walk I reckon.

We have had couple wobbly steps this week and she now has no problem getting from seated to standing without and sofas etc. Had an evening in short stay peads and a morning in a&e this week.

That's the next goal for us. Madi can't seem to get up without holding the couch, mum/dad or anything within reaching distance, although she hasn't really been able to do any of this while healing.

• 2 weeks later...

So, I don't post on here very often but it's less than two months until Gaz Jr makes an appearance and tonight my wife's been kept in hospital. Strictly as a precaution as for the past week or so she's had a bit less fetal movement than usual. We've had her in a few times since last weekend and each time she's had a CTG, had her blood pressure taken and given a urine sample. Everything has came back perfectly so they're just keeping her in to check.

A bit worried, but to be honest I'm more pissed off as tonight the doc asked if she'd had any exposure to slapped cheek and a few months ago one selfish boot of a parent sent her kid to school with slapped cheek (despite knowing that my wife was pregnant). She was tested at the time and it came back negative but now they're going to look at her blood again.

Sorry Gaz but Wtf is "slapped cheek" ?

Wiki

Good luck Gaz.

Anyway, it was nursery sports day at ours yesterday which much to my annoyance I had to miss as I was out of the region with work so couldn't even nip along for an hour :angry:

Thomas won the "Bouncing race" where he had to hop along the track like a rabbit. He got a medal which he ran to show me when I got home. :D Proud dad! He was second in "ball throwing" too.

Hope all is well Gaz. There's nothing worse than parents sending their sick kids to school/nursery just so they don't need to take a day off work. I've lost count of the amount of times I've went to pick the boys up and something is being told "something is going around."

Guest The Phoenix

Wiki

Good luck Gaz.

Anyway, it was nursery sports day at ours yesterday which much to my annoyance I had to miss as I was out of the region with work so couldn't even nip along for an hour :angry:

Thomas won the "Bouncing race" where he had to hop along the track like a rabbit. He got a medal which he ran to show me when I got home. :D Proud dad! He was second in "ball throwing" too.

I assume a pre-contract is in place?

Tongue tie is extremely common, g_man - it's sorted out with a quick snip. It's fairly painless I believe.

Can't believe my wee boy will be three in a few weeks. I got his letter in this morning about going to nursery school for his settling in session. He's got a wee uniform and everything. *sniff*

Guest The Phoenix

Tongue tie is extremely common, g_man - it's sorted out with a quick snip. It's fairly painless I believe.

Can't believe my wee boy will be three in a few weeks. I got his letter in this morning about going to nursery school for his settling in session. He's got a wee uniform and everything. *sniff*

Grandson number two is tongue-tied, spotted at birth.

My daughter wanted it sorted right away but apparently they don't do it as a matter of course these days. Waiting to see if it affects his speech.

Doesn't seem to bother him at all at the moment but he's at 3 months he's only at the gurgling stage.

Grandson number one is off to nursery after the hols as well. You're right, where have the last 3 years gone?

So, I don't post on here very often but it's less than two months until Gaz Jr makes an appearance and tonight my wife's been kept in hospital. Strictly as a precaution as for the past week or so she's had a bit less fetal movement than usual. We've had her in a few times since last weekend and each time she's had a CTG, had her blood pressure taken and given a urine sample. Everything has came back perfectly so they're just keeping her in to check.

A bit worried, but to be honest I'm more pissed off as tonight the doc asked if she'd had any exposure to slapped cheek and a few months ago one selfish boot of a parent sent her kid to school with slapped cheek (despite knowing that my wife was pregnant). She was tested at the time and it came back negative but now they're going to look at her blood again.

Never heard of "slapped cheek" to be honest, and with 12 grandchildren you'd thought we'd have run the gamut of "scares"!

What's the latest Gaz, trust and pray everything is O.K. for you all.