Pregnancy And Parenting

Guest The Phoenix

Grandson number two has been enrolled for Sumo lessons...

557337_10151804576886564_536965800_n.jpg

In his defence, grandson number one was pretty much in the same weight category at 6 months.

My son was born 7 weeks ago. The wife had one hell of a labour but we got there in the end and now have our pride and joy. Up until now it's been an emotional roller coaster and we're still trying to get used to the lack of sleep! The wee man has the dreaded colic. So frustrating that we can't do anything for him when he's in agony. Tried a few different things and we're now on colycinth granules and the dr. Brown bottles. They seem to be helping but he's still having bad days.

Mr Blue - try an osteopath. Seriously. My son had dreadful 'colic' - turns out it was caused by the dreadful dreadful birth and his neck muscles had been pulled when he was pulled out. He was screaming from the moment he got up until the moment he crashed out with exhaustion at night. Absolute nightmare. It might be worth a try for you - we took him as a last resort after a friend recommended it (I'm a massive sceptic about these things so didn't think for a second it would work) and after two 30 minute sessions he was a different baby completely. Settled, less sick, happy etc. I'd be tempted to take the next one before we even get home from the hospital!

Grandson number two has been enrolled for Sumo lessons...

557337_10151804576886564_536965800_n.jpg

In his defence, grandson number one was pretty much in the same weight category at 6 months.

My goodness he is a big lad! :lol: He looks bigger than my 16 month old! Very cute though!

1344157744[/url]' post='6496340']

Mr Blue - try an osteopath. Seriously. My son had dreadful 'colic' - turns out it was caused by the dreadful dreadful birth and his neck muscles had been pulled when he was pulled out. He was screaming from the moment he got up until the moment he crashed out with exhaustion at night. Absolute nightmare. It might be worth a try for you - we took him as a last resort after a friend recommended it (I'm a massive sceptic about these things so didn't think for a second it would work) and after two 30 minute sessions he was a different baby completely. Settled, less sick, happy etc. I'd be tempted to take the next one before we even get home from the hospital!

Cheers reina I'll suggest it t the wife. Was your son a forcep delivery then?

Similar - he was ventouse (it's like a suction cup plunger thing - brutal!). Have a google for cranial osteopathy in infants - was quite expensive (3 years ago we paid £35 for a 30 min session) but I'd have given her anything just to stop the constant screaming.

1344173449[/url]' post='6497094']

Similar - he was ventouse (it's like a suction cup plunger thing - brutal!). Have a google for cranial osteopathy in infants - was quite expensive (3 years ago we paid £35 for a 30 min session) but I'd have given her anything just to stop the constant screaming.

Aye, seen that at the classes! Will do, went to an osteopath myself a few years ago so I'll give him a phone. As you said we'll try anything to help him. Cheers mate.

I've just bought a ten-year-old Citroen Xsara Picasso. FML

:lol:

See, I don't get this urge that people seem to get when they're having a baby, let's go out and buy the biggest, ugliest car we can find.

Alright if you have a brood of them but not just one.

12 weeks tomorrow. it's flying past, busy now till sept with birthdays hubby, great granny, son and I. Then build up to Xmas and then away for a wee in January and then it's 6 weeks to go. Shit.

She's doing fine, cheers. Just a bit impatient - she's been in hospital since 11am on Thursday now, only got moved an hour ago.

I'm in the canteen having some dinner. Not-so-secretly hoping that by the time I get back it's all over!