Pregnancy And Parenting

3 hours ago, keithgy said:

Maisie was at Sick kids today for a check up after her hip dysplasia and she has got the all clear. 

Nice one 

2 hours ago, Greenlantern said:

She's 24 weeks pregnant with our second and a complete ball busting hormonal mess.

My wife must have been pregnant for 32 years. Soak it up, over half way

She's apparently my double the poor girl.

I get that with my oldest. My response is always, Acht plenty time to grow out of it[emoji23]

And continue in that mode for the rest of your married life...

Even then.........

Mucked up this morning with the youngest. Usually when they are complaining of a sore belly, i still send them to school, but he came down looking terrible, not feeling well, warm. I was all for sending him to school. Gave him breakfast then calpol, nurofen. And was going to get him ready, but thought, well what if he is sick at school, he looks and feels genuinely not well, i will keep him off.

Calpol and nurofen has kicked in and hes fine and dandy now. Thought i was doing the right thing as well.

Mine is off today as well. He's been coughing half the night, dead tired in the evening but still well enough for school during the day. He couldn't get himself moving at all this morning so I called in work, phoned the school, gave him calpol. Now he's bouncing off the walls. 

Just tell yourself it's the calpol that's made him feel better and he really is still poorly! 

10 hours ago, PB 4.2 said:

Found out today my Mrs is pregnant again at 6 weeks stage after losing two at the 9th week, I'm hopeful 2018 will bring us joy and closure.  x 

I know we’ve had our wee differences in the past , but I genuinely hope all goes well for you both 

23 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Potty training.... My oldest can use the potty and the toilet no bother for pissing... Lasr time we tried to bin the nappies though we gave up because she just wont take a shit. We are now at the same point again, where she is currently having to hold one in, I even took a shit stained pair of pants off her earlier but she still refuses to admit she needs to go.

We are not giving up this time. Any tips?

Can you not tempt her with a reward?

I got in a shitload of those chocolate coins and gave her one every time she went. Seemed to work.

What age did everyone start introducing the potty? We have one just now and every so often I'll plonk her on it to get used to it but she's only 15 months so hasn't a clue just now and prefers to use it in the shower, filling it and throwing the water over her head.

Mine were all different. My son wouldn’t entertain it until just before his third birthday and still has little/no bowel control.

The girls were just over 2. Just had potty’s for them to get use too. Nappy off time etc.  

I have a double loo seat with a smaller one attached too. 

Mine was 2 I believe. Get the feeling we were very lucky as he was a natural. Only had 1 or 2 accidents since (it's been about a year).

He would never go in a potty though. He only ever wanted to go in the big toilet and that is where he associated me and his mum going to the toilet.

He always came in to watch us when he was younger so I think that might have been why it was so easy. (As disgusting as that sounds)

Edited by PB1994

Mine still follow me to the bathroom.

Can’t remember a time when my two have been at my house and not had one of them either coming in or moaning about something just outside the door when I’m in the toilet/the shower. That’s one of the simple pleasures of bedtime or when they’re not at mine; having a shite in peace and quiet.

My one is obsessed with our shower room. Any time the door is slid open she's in there. And obviously if she succeeds her feet and clothes generally get soaked. I've developed an utterly pointless skill in being able to pish into the bog facing the other way while directing her out the room with my other hand. I should really learn to just pull the door shut behind me.

Our wee guy won't part with his shites. Had him on Movicol in an attempt to soften it, when he holds it in for days.
He's getting better at it now. We've got a potty seat you put on the pan and he steps up, takes him ages to build up the courage to squeeze it out, we've got a big bottle of bubbles that we get him to blow, this helps calm him down.
Very frustrating!