The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

1 hour ago, CodenameDuchess said:

Got myself a ticket to see Vader/Ospreay in London, card looks good with only 3 matches on it, Vader/Ospreay, Scurll/Hero and Cobb/Sabre Jr.

Jeff Cobb being Matanza from LU.

Ricochet vs Pete Dunne on there also.

Enjoy, RevPro shows at York Hall are a blast. Might still try and get back down for that myself yet.

21 minutes ago, Christophe said:

Ricochet vs Pete Dunne on there also.

Enjoy, RevPro shows at York Hall are a blast. Might still try and get back down for that myself yet.

Didn't even know that'd been announced, what a heavenly card with a main event of attempted shoot murder/worked.

This is a genuine question as I don't follow wrestling. How does it work lower down the ladder with up and coming wrestlers in terms of making it to the big time? 

For example, a guy from Ayr won a qualifying tournament for the WWE so he gets to compete in a WWE event in Florida. But my question is how is it decided who wins such qualifiers? 

15 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

This is a genuine question as I don't follow wrestling. How does it work lower down the ladder with up and coming wrestlers in terms of making it to the big time? 

For example, a guy from Ayr won a qualifying tournament for the WWE so he gets to compete in a WWE event in Florida. But my question is how is it decided who wins such qualifiers? 

WWE would've invited them and discussed it with them or they would've done a try out in their region like most UK talent would do a try out before a RAW or a Smackdown, probably WWE go, look choose Noam Dar and put him up against one of your crusierweights but Noam will go over as we want him in the tournament, it'll be the likes of Triple H who get to choose who goes over, the booker of the promotion which hosts the qualifier gets a say in who he faces probably.

Edit: To answer the ladder, question, obviously you get the typical, start at a training school, work quite a bit, debut, work on the Summer Camps, Butlins etc, get noticed, work wherever you can, apply for a try out or get invited (mainly invitation only) then signed, put into their developmental and stardom awaits or a Mason Ryan like career. (Nothing wrong with Mason Ryan just how his career went.) or you work the indies after your starrdom fades.

Edited by CodenameDuchess

So how is it decided who is good enough to make it to the big time? Is it just opinion from big wigs on showmanship, athleticism etc?

Just seems like it would be very hard to take if you'd worked really hard for it only to be told "you're going to lose this qualifier" as not being able to do anything about it.

9 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:+

So how is it decided who is good enough to make it to the big time? Is it just opinion from big wigs on showmanship, athleticism etc?

Just seems like it would be very hard to take if you'd worked really hard for it only to be told "you're going to lose this qualifier" as not being able to do anything about it.

Big wigs like Vince and the people around him, creatively and who they like, who they don't like, I think they'd look at it as at least I'd be getting some exposure and it's not my time yet.

They'll have impressed someone at the try outs to even get there so they'd have someone in the company fighting at least their side.

9 hours ago, RussellV1 said:

Anyone else going to Paul Heyman on Friday night??

I went to the London show last night, amazing. If you have heard him on Stone Cold's podcast (the network and non-network ones), DVDs etc, he didnt say much that I hadn't heard before. But he was great talker (as expected), and his random stories are great.

There was a cool spot on the show with Will Ospreay, who he got up on stage to hand an evolve contract offer to.

Also he totally rinses any hecklers - which is also great.

Went to the ITR Live show with Heyman at the ABC last night.

Brilliant night with loads of stories and back & forth stuff with the crowd.

Spoke very highly of Dallas and ICW aswell.

Minter for the absolute wullypiece that got turfed out for running his mouth.