The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

Sunday makes sense.

Does it? Surely they wouldn't have pushed him into a main event feud on raw if they were aware?

Unless they write him out via injury and delay it til Summerslam. Unfortunately for him though, this coupled with the fact that house show ratings were down with him as headliner could be the end of his main man status for a long time.

The triple threat will likely still be on.  30 days suspension, Battleground is after that.  Would not be surprised at all if they still held it with Reigns out of the picture for the build-up and make absolutely no mention of it story-line wise.  Let's face it, they didn't stop the Roman Reigns Express when the vast majority of the crowd was booing him - different situation of course, but I don't think this necessary kills him either.

They should use this to their advantage though.  Make something of it.  I don't think t hey should realistically still do the triple threat, and having Ambrose vs Rollins doesn't really make sense either.  Maybe just don't defend the title next month, throw them into an uneasy tag team battle, then have Reigns come back post Battleground and build up to the Triple Threat at Summerslam where it belongs.  Then have Reigns take the pin and move out of the scene for now as a further punishment for being such a fucking idiot.

EDIT: My initial thought was "Sunday makes sense" too, but I don't think they would have had him appear on RAW last night if they knew, let alone put him in a program for Battleground.  Could be that something happened post RAW, or maybe even earlier today.  No idea what their testing policy is like, or even what it is he's actually taken.  He's owned up to it though, fair enough.

Edited by forameus

Guest bernardblack

Really strange one.

Reigns will possibly still be in a main event when he comes back, after a wellness violation....yet Adam Rose gets let go for a prescription?

Guest bernardblack

Yeah, he'll miss it by 2 days if the suspension happened on the 21st. Back in time for Battleground though.

Regarding Reigns - I might be being daft but is it just me or did his Spear look better (insert the Kenneth Williams picture thingy) when he was part of The Shield?

Yeah I'd agree. I've never cared for a spear from the ropes.