The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

9 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Calling Kenny Omega a paedophile and groomer and being a racist, sexist p***k towards female Japanese wrestlers comes from his love of the business?

Have you got a clip of him calling Omega a paedophile? Would be interested to hear the context from the actual source. I've seen it posted lots of times on Twitter etc, but never heard it.

30 minutes ago, Andre Drazen said:

I do remember him saying something like that because Omega wrestled a young girl one time.

Coincidentally, Kenny Omega did book a convicted paedophile on a show one time.

What?! :lol: Is it Braun with Nicholas levels of cringe? What was their to gain out of it?

Could only find a Ringside article about the latter. What went on there? The article says he basically defended that decision with this Tweet:

https://www.ringsidenews.com/2018/06/30/kenny-omega-reacts-backlash-booking-offender-show/

Hard to again, get any context though. Genuinely curious!

It was a nine year old lassie. Never watched it so can't pass comment, but Kenny Omega, much like most of the DDT roster at the time, weren't against doing incredibly daft stuff. Omega also wrestled a blow up doll.

Chasyn Rance actually knows some WWE guys as well. I'm pretty sure Ricochet still uses his gym as well as others. Omega booked Rance on a show at a convention that was a co-promotion with NJPW and CEO Gaming. Rance was convicted of sexual assault on people between the ages of 12 and 15 about ten years ago. So we're not talking a "both sides" thing here. He was convicted. And went right on, as soon as he was released, to continue to train children and has been detained as recently as last year. So Omega can take a running f**k to himself on that count.

11 hours ago, Andre Drazen said:

It was a nine year old lassie. Never watched it so can't pass comment, but Kenny Omega, much like most of the DDT roster at the time, weren't against doing incredibly daft stuff. Omega also wrestled a blow up doll.

Chasyn Rance actually knows some WWE guys as well. I'm pretty sure Ricochet still uses his gym as well as others. Omega booked Rance on a show at a convention that was a co-promotion with NJPW and CEO Gaming. Rance was convicted of sexual assault on people between the ages of 12 and 15 about ten years ago. So we're not talking a "both sides" thing here. He was convicted. And went right on, as soon as he was released, to continue to train children and has been detained as recently as last year. So Omega can take a running f**k to himself on that count.

Wow. Didn't know any of this.

Like most things, Cornette's shock jock material seems to be grounded in reality.

14 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Calling Kenny Omega a paedophile and groomer and being a racist, sexist p***k towards female Japanese wrestlers comes from his love of the business?

I think you might just be taking his throwaway comments a wee bit too seriously.  

7 minutes ago, AFCDannyFTH said:

I think you might just be taking his throwaway comments a wee bit too seriously.  

Calling someone a nonce to thousands of people is not a throwaway comment, and his constant agenda against all things Japanese certainly isn’t “throwaway” either. 

1 minute ago, TheGoon said:

Calling someone a nonce to thousands of people is not a throwaway comment, and his constant agenda against all things Japanese certainly isn’t “throwaway” either. 

He has never seriously called anyone a paedophile. This is where tone and context is important. 

I'm not sure that he has an agenda against all things Japanese either. He has an issue with tiny Japanese girls being booked to go over girls twice their size. Cornette is on record praising several Japanese male wrestlers from years gone by also. 

1 minute ago, AFCDannyFTH said:

He has never seriously called anyone a paedophile. This is where tone and context is important. 

I'm not sure that he has an agenda against all things Japanese either. He has an issue with tiny Japanese girls being booked to go over girls twice their size. Cornette is on record praising several Japanese male wrestlers from years gone by also. 

Tone and context of what? Insinuating Omega likes young Japanese girls isn’t really a thing you can provide extra context to. Nobody else would get away with saying stuff like that, and he shouldn’t just because he’s trying to work the marks. 

He also said the PROGRESS owner should be hung for not wearing a suit after being invited to a WWE show. And lost his last wrestling job for being a racist.

If you think he's not an attention seeking dinosaur, you're definitely NOT grounded in reality.

What?! default_laugh.png Is it Braun with Nicholas levels of cringe? What was their to gain out of it?

Not having this retcon of Nicholas. That was genuinely class. Looking forward to when he finishes school and can come back and coach Braun to his second world title.