The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

Just now, NotThePars said:

I remember really enjoying Sheamus’s matches with Mark Henry. Sheamus is one of the few guys that probably hits hard enough to have an effect in fairness.

Henry was terrific in that entire run. They basically just had him steamroll two rosters.

I think having Hogan as guest host for 30 worked in that it was just him turning up essentially to have that great opening segment with Rock and Austin. But obviously that was prior to the...troubles. 

I wouldn't even be that mad in them using him in certain things, as he's clearly a huge part of their history, and he's "apogised", but putting him front and centre to your biggest show like nothings happened, when fairly prominent members of your roster have been pretty clear about their feelings on him...obviously not a good look.

Will be very interesting to see the reception he gets. First show back with fans, and you plan to open with him. Jeezo.

2 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Did he not "host" it with Alexa Bliss one year?

He hosted 30, and I think he hosted one of the Saudi shows as some kind of rehab.  Don't remember him doing it any other time, but could be wrong.

He hosted 30, and I think he hosted one of the Saudi shows as some kind of rehab.  Don't remember him doing it any other time, but could be wrong.
30 was so good. When Austin asked the crowd if he wanted to open up a can of whoop ass on Hogan, I think everyone genuinely wanted to see it happen.

29 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:
1 hour ago, forameus said:

30 was so good. When Austin asked the crowd if he wanted to open up a can of whoop ass on Hogan, I think everyone genuinely wanted to see it happen.

Was WM30 the one from the Silverdome?

3 hours ago, forameus said:

I checked and they co-hosted 35 when the ladies closed the show. 

14 hours ago, forameus said:

I think having Hogan as guest host for 30 worked in that it was just him turning up essentially to have that great opening segment with Rock and Austin. But obviously that was prior to the...troubles. 

I wouldn't even be that mad in them using him in certain things, as he's clearly a huge part of their history, and he's "apogised", but putting him front and centre to your biggest show like nothings happened, when fairly prominent members of your roster have been pretty clear about their feelings on him...obviously not a good look.

Will be very interesting to see the reception he gets. First show back with fans, and you plan to open with him. Jeezo.

When Hogan was in the ring on the mic and the glass shattered for Austin’s entrance music must be the loudest crowd pop in WWE/F ever. 

1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:

30 was just brilliant, probably the best Mania ever. Watched it at Walkabout in Glasgow with the big screen upstairs, great times. 

Randomly, I watched it in the Walkabout in Liverpool. (Sadly closed now I believe)

28 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

5.18 for Hogan pretending he's not bothered by the pop Austin got

The tv coverage doesn’t do the crowd pop for Austin justice. There’s a couple of videos from fan’s in attendance on YouTube and the noise is incredible. Unfortunately the one particular fan video I was thinking of I can no longer find. 

5 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

30 was just brilliant, probably the best Mania ever. Watched it at Walkabout in Glasgow with the big screen upstairs, great times. 

Aw man that was so good. The pops for Austin and Rock were just amazing and the place was buzzing after that for the whole event.

Definitely a big reason why 30 is my favourite Mania, although that the event itself was brilliant (great matches, well paced, incredible fan reactions and possibly the happiest Mania ending ever) helps.