The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

Yeah, that was a great match, but missed the mark on the finish.  Clearly going for the triple threat, which I'm a fan of, but not sure it's a good decision to have Reigns "tap", or for Edge to play the "heel" role.

Haud on, are they trying to erase Benoit further by not just playing WM30 as a rerun with Bryan against two heels, but doing the same at 37?  

Drew vs Sheamus was excellent. You can tell those have a great time when they are in the ring together.

The wrestling match part of Reigns vs Bryan was very enjoyable. The last five minutes or so was crap though. Edge's role made zero sense. At least it means we are probably getting Bryan in the title match at Wrestlemania.

The rest of the show was pretty forgettable. The Fiend's new costume looks like something from a 1960s Dr Who episode and Christ knows what happened at the finish of Big E and Apollo.

Edit - I'm all for PPVs being done not long after 1.30am. Scenes if a Wrestlemania ever falls in the brief period before our clocks go forward.

Edited by Sherrif John Bunnell

7 minutes ago, Andre Drazen said:

So as Reigns doesn't need to eat the fall.

Aye that’s why I don’t mind Bryan in there, who’ll do the bulk of the work for that match anyway, but there was ways to get there without doing much to Edge’s character. 

Riddle/Ali on the preshow was good.
Retribution looks to be buried now - where that leaves Ali, Dijakovic, Maddin & Thorne is anyone's guess.
Mia Yim will be fine unmasked in the women's division.

Women's tag title match was throwaway pish.
Titles are stale on Nia/Shayna & need to actually be used properly or get rid - sticking them on Natalya/Tamina to keep the titles out of singles feuds then letting them defend across all 3 brands on a regular basis would be a start.

Big E/Apollo was decent but ruined by that huge botch of a finish.
Standard WWE lazy booking of an African gimmick on a black wrestler for Apollo is stuff of 20 years ago too.

Rollins/Nakamura a good match, sets up for Seth to face Cesaro at Mania.

Drew/Sheamus knocking it out the park again - seems a shame Sheamus will have nowt to do at Mania?

Bliss/Orton will be mainly remembered for the pin by Bliss...[emoji6]
How they book Melted Wyatt? - only so many times you can go over the same character after burying him.

Reigns/D-Bry a Mania standard match until the finish sequence.
Surely inserts Bryan into the Mania match now as a triple threat - can only see either Bryan or Edge winning by pinning/tapping out the other with Reigns not involved in the finish to 'keep Roman strong'

The fiend stuff is absolutely shocking.
McIntyre v Sheamus was a great match.

Andrade is such a talent, Vince did not have a clue how to use him. He’s the sort of guy that can go to aew and become a main event talent he’s that good. He was phenomenal in NXT and sort off guy that would have been class as a money in the bank winner.

8 hours ago, Andre Drazen said:

Oh, the reaction to Sheamus/Drew means I'm DEFINITELY downloading this tomorrow.

Two beefy Celts (hard C) knocking lumps out of each other. What's not to love? 

8 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Drew's pay will be docked when Vince sees this

https://i.postimg.cc/J0ZRVDrv/ezgif-com-gif-maker-8.gif

That's a thing of beauty. Vince, Drew AND Sheamus will be loving that.

ETA: That's yer Lenny's final season typified in one gig

Edited by NotThePars

Bleacher Report put it well.  You're either on board for this, or you hate it, there isn't really much middle ground.  It is utterly fucking ridiculous on every level, but given it's probably going to end with another Firefly Funhouse match where Orton gets torn to shreds, I'm happy to see how it turns out.

What I don't get is why they've relegated Bliss to doing just the ridiculous stuff.  At the end of the year they seemed to moving towards actually having her wrestle in the new character and extend the story a bit, but then completely jobbed her out in the Rumble, and since then all she's had to do was the silly stuff.  She's doing well, but there's only so much she can do when the stuff is so marmite.