The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

Looks like the entire PPV is a svelte 2 hours 45 (not including the pre show).

I'm a fan of that. Matches should only be on there is they have a purpose. The bloated PPVs are usually a total chore.

Not that I'll be watching it live mind! Will give it a watch tomorrow.

3 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Looks like the entire PPV is a svelte 2 hours 45 (not including the pre show).

I'm a fan of that. Matches should only be on there is they have a purpose. The bloated PPVs are usually a total chore.

Not that I'll be watching it live mind! Will give it a watch tomorrow.

2 hours 45 is optimistic for squeezing in two rumbles plus the other matches on the card unless they're going all 1995 on us and having 60 second intervals in the rumble matches.

19 minutes ago, The Naitch said:

2 hours 45 is optimistic for squeezing in two rumbles plus the other matches on the card unless they're going all 1995 on us and having 60 second intervals in the rumble matches.

Is the women's Rumble confirmed as 30 participants? 

2hr 45 for the Royal Rumble?  Nah, can't see it.  The men's rumble alone usually pushes an hour, women's won't be far away, and can't see them fitting in everything else in 45 minutes, particularly when Reigns' entrance will likely be at least half an hour alone.

And don't give me that hope, as I'm very keen on staying up for this, but know it'd be a fucking terrible idea.  1am start is absolutely brutal, miss the days of midnight starts and being young enough not to be a fucking wreck for days afterwards.

2 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:
  Hide contents

Means only one thing. 

The absolute teasing power of a spoiler tag...you b*****d

Spoiler

If you're hinting at the Rock, I'm not sure it necessarily means that (if you're even referring to that).  It could be, definitely, but it could also mean that whoever has won the Rumble is going to be involved in some way.  Sami could be involved certainly, even Rhodes could.  

Or, given their history, they could even be protecting the Rumble itself from being shat on for being terrible or certain people not appearing by positioning them that way.

Still, interesting news if true.

Wonder how reliable that is - not that I'm trying to pick holes in it!  That's the Network schedule, and I assume it's basically up to them what happens.  But then 2hr45m is an extremely specific time to pick.  I see only 5 matches booked, I assume one of those goes to the pre-show, so 4 matches is probably doable in that with a slight run-on towards 3 hours.  Belair/Bliss on the pre-show, one of the RUmbles to kick off the show, Mountain Dew expo, second Rumble, main event. Doable.

Still, seems so weird that probably their second biggest show of the year is going to last less than your average episode of RAW.

17 minutes ago, forameus said:

Wonder how reliable that is - not that I'm trying to pick holes in it!  That's the Network schedule, and I assume it's basically up to them what happens.  But then 2hr45m is an extremely specific time to pick.  I see only 5 matches booked, I assume one of those goes to the pre-show, so 4 matches is probably doable in that with a slight run-on towards 3 hours.  Belair/Bliss on the pre-show, one of the RUmbles to kick off the show, Mountain Dew expo, second Rumble, main event. Doable.

Still, seems so weird that probably their second biggest show of the year is going to last less than your average episode of RAW.

Aye could he as you say, but men's Rumble should go on last and I imagine it will. We all know Reigns is retaining. The silly Mountain Dew match should hopefully only he about 10 minutes or so.

2 hours ago, forameus said:

The absolute teasing power of a spoiler tag...you b*****d

Hide contents

If you're hinting at the Rock, I'm not sure it necessarily means that (if you're even referring to that).  It could be, definitely, but it could also mean that whoever has won the Rumble is going to be involved in some way.  Sami could be involved certainly, even Rhodes could.  

Or, given their history, they could even be protecting the Rumble itself from being shat on for being terrible or certain people not appearing by positioning them that way.

Still, interesting news if true.

Spoiler

Sami Zayn to win the rumble, then nearly cost Reigns this match, sets them up nicely for a Mania match