The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

Batista is out injured for 4 months, wonder what they'll do with the WWE Title then :unsure: ?

Presumably Batista will drop it and they'll have yet another tournament to decide the new Champ.

Am I right in thinking (from the ad on Sunday night) that they've re-named The Great American Bash as just 'The Bash'? Poor decision, if true. Not that it matters in the grand scheme of things, you understand... :ph34r:

Edited by The Naitch

The have indeed changed it to The Bash. I think it's part of trying to shake off the old traditional image of wrestling. Triple H will have the title within the month..........bank on it.

When I was a wean I used to love him. I'm sure there are people who were happy when watching RAW, but for me it was like....."aw f**k him again." I'm honestly sick of the sight of the b*****d.......................just had to get that aff my chest :lol: .

Edited by Shuggie_Murray7

The have indeed changed it to The Bash. I think it's part of trying to shake off the old traditional image of wrestling. Triple H will have the title within the month..........bank on it.

When I was a wean I used to love him. I'm sure there are people who were happy when watching RAW, but for me it was like....."aw f**k him again." I'm honestly sick of the sight of the b*****d.......................just had to get that aff my chest :lol: .

Well, 'The BASH' is on June 28th so he'll get it then. Don't think they'll have a gimmick match - probably just him and Orton scrapping it out. Hunter's getting a bit too close to Flair's 'record' for my liking... <_<:P

Edited by The Naitch

Well, 'The BASH' is on June 28th so he'll get it then. Don't think they'll have a gimmick match - probably just him and Orton scrapping it out. Hunter's getting a bit too close to Flair's 'record' for my liking... <_<:P

Thats the whole point. He is trying to better Flairs record. I'm sure I can remember watching something in which either Triple H or someone from in the locker room said he makes no secrets about the fact that he wants more than 16.

Thats the whole point. He is trying to better Flairs record. I'm sure I can remember watching something in which either Triple H or someone from in the locker room said he makes no secrets about the fact that he wants more than 16.

I know that, hence the smiley. ;)

John Cena is a turd!

That is all.

:lol:

Aye, very good.

Wrestling in Boglestone on Sunday night, but it really doesn't look all that good. I'll still go though.

I've booked a seat for the Summerslam party at the Sports Cafe. Good times.

I agree with Shuggie. Thanks to the happenings of RAW, it has become almost impossible to watch, hasn't it ?

Edited by DomDom

Although, I suppose in certain ways it is reasonably entertaining.

Well yeah, that's the whole point.

In the same ways that movies are fake, they are made to entertain. It's the exact same with wrestling. Even Vince McMahon himself described it in the same ways, saying "We make movies.".

Well yeah, that's the whole point.

In the same ways that movies are fake, they are made to entertain. It's the exact same with wrestling. Even Vince McMahon himself described it in the same ways, saying "We make movies.".

Did he not say that rather menacingly after the Hulk Hogan steriod business that happened early 90s? Anyways I've given up after the Attitude era and stopped watching after Wrestlemania 20. Attitude Era was definately something else...was so unpredictable as well.

I think a CM Punk heel turn might be on the cards, due to him using his MITB to dethrone a guy who would have been a very popular champion among fans. Running in at the end of a gruelling Ladder Match is a typical heel thing to do, and he stood and celebrated in the ring with the title for quite some time.

Of course these could all be coincidental...

Did he not say that rather menacingly after the Hulk Hogan steriod business that happened early 90s?

He might have said it then, but also said it to the guy that made Beyond the Mat in what must have been the late 90s.

Anyways I've given up after the Attitude era and stopped watching after Wrestlemania 20. Attitude Era was definately something else...was so unpredictable as well.

Hell, if you want unpredictable, TNA is always an option. I despise it myself, but with the master of the Attitude era, Vinny Russo, at the helm, he always tries swerves and stupid matches and general shenanigans.

I do agree that WWE has become predictable though. The only shocks anymore seem to come from the Money in the Bank case. Of course, the wrestling on the PPVs is usually top notch, so I can take it.