The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

It's sad to report the death of WWE Hall of Famer Jack Brisco today. Brisco passed away this morning at the age of 68. He underwent a triple heart bypass surgery a few weeks ago and had been resting in a rehab center. More details should be available soon.

Our condolences go out to the Brisco family and friends.

It's sad to report the death of WWE Hall of Famer Jack Brisco today. Brisco passed away this morning at the age of 68. He underwent a triple heart bypass surgery a few weeks ago and had been resting in a rehab center. More details should be available soon.

Our condolences go out to the Brisco family and friends.

Sad news sad.gif

Anyone staying up for Raw tonight? it'll probably be utter shite as usual but the return of the Hitman means I cant miss it biggrin.gif

But anyway, who do folk think will win the Rumble? I still think it'll be Edge, as a surprise entrant.

I think I'll take my bow :D:D:D

Been saying it for months but nobody would listen :P

Anyway, just watch the Rumble PPV, not very good PPV and Rumble match was pretty gash too, apart from CM Punk and Edge's entrance. But Edge shoulda been number 30, but maybe that would have been overkill considering no. 30 won it in '07 and '08.

Might stay up for Raw. Doesnt look very good though. But thats cause I hate Bret Hart. They should defo have Edge on Raw tonight though.

Well, that was a good episode of Raw.

Shatner was comedy gold - his interpretations of WWE theme songs was class!

Yeah that was pretty funny, but a bit random, was wondering what the f**k was going on.

I'm guessing he has done that kinda thing before?

Also, I'm guessing that it'll be Cena vs Batista at Mania, with Bret + Vince in eithers corner.

I also reckon that HBK will end up in the Smackdown Chamber match and cost Taker the title, which Jericho will win. Leaving Edge to challenge Jericho at Mania. Also I reckon Rey will eliminate Punk in that Chamber match which will lead to there fued going into WM26.

I thought Vince was spot on about Bret Hart last night. His gimmick was giving a kid a pair of glasses. Big wowee.

I wanted to see him back as much as everyone else, but I forgot how boring he actually was. No idea where they are going to take this one, but they will need to do it quick to maintain any interest.

I think HBK/HHH is a stick on for Mania, and have done for weeks.

I love the WWE from this point of the year until Mania. If only they could do it all year round, like they used to do.

Or a Heel Turn.

He could be right actually. Shawn Michaels loses to The Undertaker again and packs it in.

I wanted to see him back as much as everyone else, but I forgot how boring he actually was. No idea where they are going to take this one, but they will need to do it quick to maintain any interest.

Bret Hart is actually brilliant on the microphone when he's either 1) got good stuff written for him to say or 2) he's adlibing. His promos as a heel in the late 90s Hart Foundation were glorious, and his written interviews in the early to mid 90s were just as good.

Of course, the promo writers only hit the jackpot with certain guys now. Hart isn't one of them.

They need to hurry it up. People quickly forget, he won't get much leeway. For instance, that was one incredible pop Cena got last night. I couldn't believe how loud that one was. Far more than Hart ever got.

I can't believe they bleeped "ass" last night by the way, what, three times, while I remember.

Shawn won't retire, he can't. He is too young for TNA.

I was just watching Louis Theroux's documentary on wrestling from 1998(not quite my dream scenario of seeing Louis try to do Danny Dyer style documentaries with hardmen, criminals, casuals etc., but close enough). Anyone else seen it?

The one where he goes to the WCW training camp? Yeah, seen it a couple of times over the years... wasn't too bad at the time and did give an insight into what happens behind the scenes, something you rarely saw back then.