The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

Batista vs John Cena vs Sheamus vs HHH possibly?

Orton vs Rhodes vs DiBiase

Women's title match

It has been strongely rumoured that Mysterio will face CM Punk in a hair vs mask match.

Orton will turn face soon and Cena will be a heel some time in the next year.

Edited by The Hero of the Day

I can't see Cena turning heel, unless they have someone else to take his place as the poster boy of WWE, and after Orton's last failed face push, it won't be him.

Orton's last face push was just under 6 years ago. Orton is getting cheered more night in night out. Is last face push was when John Cena was on the rise and the WWE had Benoit, Michaels and Edge all as faces.

Edited by The Hero of the Day

Some good streams here.

WWE Title match up first. I had a feeling the Smackdown title match would be last because of a prediction of mine.

Can anyone else see HBK coming up through the ring during the World Title match and cost Taker the title?

:D :D :D

It was obvious it was happening, but YYYYYYAAAAAASSSSSSSSSS, Jericho is champ!!!

What I dont understand is having Cena, then Batista winning the WWE Title. Come Wrestlemania, whether they do seperate singles matches or a tag match between Cena/Bret and Vince/Batista, the WWE title doesnt need to be involved for that to happen. It doesnt need the WWE title, but if they are doing Triple H vs Sheamus then that does need the WWE Title, at least that will give a reason for them to start fueding.

What do folks think the Wrestlemania card will be then?

This is my predictions:

Jericho vs Edge for World Heavyweight Title

Batista and Vince McMahon vs John Cena and Bret Hart for the WWE Title

Undertaker vs Shawn Michaels

Randy Orton vs Cody Rhodes vs Ted DiBiase

Sheamus vs Triple H

CM Punk vs Rey Mysterio

Some sort of Intercontinental Title Match involving Drew McIntyre, Kane, R-Truth, John Morrison, Matt Hardy and possibly Christian

Some sort of Womans match that nobody cares about

And either a Tag Title Match or US Title match that should Involve Miz, Big Show, Kofi, MVP etc

I can't see Cena turning heel, unless they have someone else to take his place as the poster boy of WWE, and after Orton's last failed face push, it won't be him.

This is where Drew McIntyre comes in, he'll be the next poster boy once he turns face :D

Won't Sheamus be due a rematch? I can't see how they'll work that in without a match at Wrestlemania? Isn't Bret Hart's leg fucked as well?

Sheamus can always have his rematch on Raw in the next few weeks. And as I said on here last night, its wrestling, I'm sure they can make Bret Hart's leg all better by Mania time.

Sheamus can always have his rematch on Raw in the next few weeks. And as I said on here last night, its wrestling, I'm sure they can make Bret Hart's leg all better by Mania time.

Indeed. Bret's only injured so as he doesn't have to bump on his head. Vinny Mac will just go after the leg. They've given this some thought !

Orton's last face push was just under 6 years ago. Orton is getting cheered more night in night out. Is last face push was when John Cena was on the rise and the WWE had Benoit, Michaels and Edge all as faces.

Randy Orton is getting cheered BECAUSE he's a good heel. Which sort of reminds me of what happened the last time. He bombed. Randy Orton is a perfect heel, and he looks like a p***k. He looked like a p***k when he turned face last time too. The guy is a heel.

What I dont understand is having Cena, then Batista winning the WWE Title. Come Wrestlemania, whether they do seperate singles matches or a tag match between Cena/Bret and Vince/Batista, the WWE title doesnt need to be involved for that to happen. It doesnt need the WWE title, but if they are doing Triple H vs Sheamus then that does need the WWE Title, at least that will give a reason for them to start fueding

The smart idea would have been Triple H winning the gold and Sheamus taking a shot at Mania.

What they went with instead is madness.

The smart idea would have been Triple H winning the gold and Sheamus taking a shot at Mania.

What they went with instead is madness.

Dont agree entirely.

Last match at Wrestlemania Cena Vs Batista with Hart and McMahon in each corner. Cena wins then him and Hart get to close the night off and Bret gets a well deserved and proper send off?

What happened last night was a big swerve that no-one seen coming, and now we eagerly anticipate what is going to unfold. Better that than watching the pensioners club in TNA bury the younger guys like Styles and Joe, because it will happen.

To me WWE really crank things up in the leadup to WM and this year is proving no different - and so what if HHH is not in the title picture, when was the last time he wasnt when fit?

Last match at Wrestlemania Cena Vs Batista with Hart and McMahon in each corner. Cena wins then him and Hart get to close the night off and Bret gets a well deserved and proper send off?

Don't see why it has to have a title involved, or be the last match for any of this to happen. The match is already a huge match. Cena vs. Batista for gods sake. Even has Bret Hart and Vince McMahon in corners ! Bret Hart can get a proper sendoff much like Steve Austin did and it doesn't have to come on last. Putting the belt on Batista just means there's one more match on Wrestlemania that nobody has any reason to care about.

What happened last night was a big swerve that no-one seen coming, and now we eagerly anticipate what is going to unfold. Better that than watching the pensioners club in TNA bury the younger guys like Styles and Joe, because it will happen.

No it won't. It's pretty clear that the likes of AJ Styles, D'Angelo Dinero and Desmond Wolf are big players in the eyes of the new regime, and they even went balls out to try and get Abyss, one of the worst gimmicks ever, over. It makes no sense for Hogan to put the older guys over, and that's why it won't happen.

As for it being a swerve, well yeah, you're right. Doesn't mean it was good though. It was just as senseless a swerve as I've seen recently, and smacks of desperation.

To me WWE really crank things up in the leadup to WM and this year is proving no different - and so what if HHH is not in the title picture, when was the last time he wasnt when fit?

Again, totally irrelevant.

It made sense for pretty much ANYONE not named John Cena to win that match. Well, don't think Kofi Kingston winning would have made much sense either, but these are guys who are going to be in matches which could do with the added prestige of having their match be for the belt. Cena and Batista already have star billing because it's the biggest match on the card which isn't HBK/Taker.

Won't Sheamus be due a rematch? I can't see how they'll work that in without a match at Wrestlemania? Isn't Bret Hart's leg fucked as well?

Think Hart's injured leg is part of the storyline.

Randy Orton is getting cheered BECAUSE he's a good heel. Which sort of reminds me of what happened the last time. He bombed. Randy Orton is a perfect heel, and he looks like a p***k. He looked like a p***k when he turned face last time too. The guy is a heel.

What was different about Stone Cold Steve Austin?

I take it you haven't actually watched TNA since Hogan took over. Not one pensioner has buried a younger guy. Orlando Jordan and Val Venis are hardly pensioners before you reply.

Don't see why it has to have a title involved, or be the last match for any of this to happen. The match is already a huge match. Cena vs. Batista for gods sake. Even has Bret Hart and Vince McMahon in corners ! Bret Hart can get a proper sendoff much like Steve Austin did and it doesn't have to come on last. Putting the belt on Batista just means there's one more match on Wrestlemania that nobody has any reason to care about.

No it won't. It's pretty clear that the likes of AJ Styles, D'Angelo Dinero and Desmond Wolf are big players in the eyes of the new regime, and they even went balls out to try and get Abyss, one of the worst gimmicks ever, over. It makes no sense for Hogan to put the older guys over, and that's why it won't happen.

It made sense for pretty much ANYONE not named John Cena to win that match. Well, don't think Kofi Kingston winning would have made much sense either, but these are guys who are going to be in matches which could do with the added prestige of having their match be for the belt. Cena and Batista already have star billing because it's the biggest match on the card which isn't HBK/Taker.

Agree with you about TNA but you can hardly compare Rock vs Austin to Cena vs Batista

As for it being a swerve, well yeah, you're right. Doesn't mean it was good though. It was just as senseless a swerve as I've seen recently, and smacks of desperation.

Suppose we will just have to agree to disagree. Cena/Hart vs Batista/McMahon was strong enough to carry on its own with no belts, but perhaps those in thw backoffice thought HHH vs Sheamus wasn't strong enough, and perhaps they are right.

If it makes no sense for Hogan to put older guys over - why are they all there? Again just my opinion, but ego's will catch up and the fact that Hogan has already came out of retirment, after openly stating his body could not handle it after his Australian tour, shows that the biggest ego of all wil kill another company.

1) WWE either has to turn Orton face or give him a big storyline to get his heat back. For weeks now, since they have been teasing a Legacy split h's been getting cheered to f**k. Either make him face or do something fast to make him a cnut.

2) I hate the Miz

3) What is the point in R-Truth. They wasted a spot on him in the chamber when I reckon another heel would have been ideal(possibly McIntyre).

4) As much as I cannae stick Batista I enjoyed that little surprise. Im enjoyin the shocking happening at almost every PPV these days.

Batista vs John Cena vs Sheamus vs HHH possibly?

Orton vs Rhodes vs DiBiase

Women's title match

I'd say it's looking like:

WWE Title

Batista (w/Vince) vs Cena (w/Hart)

WHC

Jericho vs Edge

Taker vs HBK

Orton vs DiBiase(with or vs Rhodes possibly)

Rey vs Punk

MitB - the usual, Shelton, Kofi, R-Truth, Ziggler, Bourne, McIntyre etc etc etc.

This ones not one that there is any indication of but just one I'd like to see:

US Title

Miz vs Christian

Edited by Shuggie_Murray7

1) WWE either has to turn Orton face or give him a big storyline to get his heat back. For weeks now, since they have been teasing a Legacy split h's been getting cheered to f**k. Either make him face or do something fast to make him a cnut.

2) I hate the Miz

3) What is the point in R-Truth. They wasted a spot on him in the chamber when I reckon another heel would have been ideal(possibly McIntyre).

1. Yes, Orton should do something to stay heel, he is brilliant at it. Although he's getting to the stage that Christian got in '05 and where Edge was getting prior to being injured in that he's just a cool heel who people like to cheer.

2. None of your pish. The Miz is awesome.

3. I'd agree here. R-Truth is pish.

Another reason for the swerve?

http://www.pwpix.net...s/268836024.php

Putting the title on Bret would be weird, he wouldn't have it for long if that did happen. Although I am pleased to see it is a tag match there thinking of doing. Just like I have been saying :D

MitB - the usual, Shelton, Kofi, R-Truth, Ziggler, Bourne, McIntyre etc etc etc.

This ones not one that there is any indication of but just one I'd like to see:

US Title

Miz vs Christian

They really should keep the MitB match at Mania. It's something different and it would be better than a singles match for the IC title.

For the second match there, I like your thinking. The Miz and Christian together, pure awesomeness :D

Cant see the video anymore but I'm gonna take a guess that it was the handheld vid of Taker's entrance last night?