The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

You can add referee Scott Armstrong, son of legend Bob Armstrong, to that list as his release is also confirmed. A number of people in WWE are bummed about Armstrong being let go from the company because he was well liked by the wrestlers .

A referee? Jesus Christ, things must be getting desparate.

You can add referee Scott Armstrong, son of legend Bob Armstrong, to that list as his release is also confirmed. A number of people in WWE are bummed about Armstrong being let go from the company because he was well liked by the wrestlers .

A referee? Jesus Christ, things must be getting desparate.

Christ - in all the years he's been involved I didn't realise he was the brother of Road Dogg. You learn something new every day.

Did Taka almost win the wwf championship once by nearly beating HHH or have I dreamt that?

Any details on match would be appreciated unless I have dreamt it

Anytime I think of Taka, I think of the Royal Rumble 2000 when Bossman gives him an almighty face plant.

Wrestlemania 17 was the best PPV ever.

Did Taka almost win the wwf championship once by nearly beating HHH or have I dreamt that?

Any details on match would be appreciated unless I have dreamt it

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1gji3_hhh-vs-taka-michinoku-from-raw_sport

April 4th 2000. I don't think anyone believed going into it that TAKA had any chance whatsoever of winning, so kudos to them for having the fans buy into it. It reminds me of the time Jeff Hardy had no chance in the ladder match against The Undertaker, but a mix of good storytelling and absolutely legendary JR commentary had me sucked in.

http://www.dailymoti...-from-raw_sport

April 4th 2000. I don't think anyone believed going into it that TAKA had any chance whatsoever of winning, so kudos to them for having the fans buy into it. It reminds me of the time Jeff Hardy had no chance in the ladder match against The Undertaker, but a mix of good storytelling and absolutely legendary JR commentary had me sucked in.

Link to Hardy vs Taker ladder match? I love JR at his best.

"Good God almighty...As God as my witness, he is broken in half!" ...gold from JR

I'm gonna actually link you to many of the matches I've enjoyed which I've covered during the course of this thread that I DIDN'T post links for at the time. If I've covered anything that I've scored over 4* that isn't here, it's because it's been posted earlier in the thread. I'll go back and compile them all and do a repost.

Christian vs. Jack Swagger - ECW on Sci-Fi 24/02/2009

Mankind vs. The Rock, I Quit Match - WWE Royal Rumble 1999

Part Two

Mankind vs. The Rock, Last Man Standing Match - WWE St. Valentine's Day Massacre

Part Two

The Rock vs. Steve Austin - WWE Wrestlemania XV

Part Two

The Rock vs. Steve Austin - WWE Backlash 1999

Part Two

Part Three

Jimmy Olsen vs. Vin Gerard, Ladder Match - CHIKARA Revelation X

Part Two

Low Ki vs. Tatsuhito Takaiwa - Zero One MAX

KENTA and Extreme Tiger vs. Teddy Hart and Jack Evans vs. Joe Lider and Nicho El Millonario, Ladder Match - AAA 31/01/2009

Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Shinsuke Nakamura - NJPW 15/02/2009

Kensuke Sasaki vs. Kenta Kobashi - NOAH Destiny 2005

Part Two

Shawn Michaels vs. Razor Ramon, Ladder Match - WWE Summerslam 1995

Part Two

The Rock vs. Triple H, Ladder Match - WWE Summerslam 1998

Part Two

The Hardy Boys vs. Edge and Christian, Ladder Match - WWE No Mercy 1999

Part Two

Edge and Christian vs. The Dudley Boys vs. The Hardy Boys, TLC Match - WWE Summerslam 2000

Chris Benoit vs. Chris Jericho, Ladder Match - WWE Royal Rumble 2001

Part Two

Edge and Christian vs. The Dudley Boys vs. The Hardy Boys, TLC Match - WWE Wrestlemania X-7

Part Two

Edge and Christian vs. The Dudley Boys vs. The Hardy Boys vs. Edge and Christian, TLC Match - WWE Smackdown 24/05/2001

Part Two

Christian and Chris Jericho vs. Spike Dudley and Buh Buh Ray Dudley vs. Rob Van Dam and Jeff Hardy vs. Kane, TLC Match - WWE RAW 07/10/2002

Part Two

Chris Jericho vs. Kane vs. Edge vs. Christian vs. Chris Benoit vs. Shelton Benjamin, Money in the Bank Ladder Match - WWE Wrestlemania 21

Part Two

Eddie Guerrero vs. Rey Mysterio, Ladder Match - WWE Summerslam 2005

Part Two

Edge vs. John Cena, TLC Match - WWE Unforgiven 2006

Part Two

John Morrison vs. Evan Bourne - ECW on SyFy 14/04/2009

Kurt Angle vs. Rey Mysterio - WWE Smackdown 26/08/2004

Edge vs. John Cena, Last Man Standing Match - WWE Backlash 2009

Part Two

Part Three

Part Four

Kurt Angle and Chris Benoit vs. Edge and Rey Mysterio - WWE No Mercy 2002

Part Two

Big Van Vader vs. Ric Flair - WCW Clash of the Champions November 1993

Diesel vs. Shawn Michaels, No Holds Barred Match - WWE In Your House : Good Friends Better Enemies

Part Two

Jerry Lynn vs. Rob Van Dam - ECW August 1998

Eddie Guerrero vs. Dean Malenko - WCW Uncensored 1997

Part Two

Steve Austin vs. Bret Hart - WWE Survivor Series 1996

Part Two

Sycho Sid vs. Shawn Michaels - WWE Survivor Series 1996

Part Two

Barry Windham and Brian Pillman vs. Shane Douglas and Ricky Steamboat - WCW Starrcade 1992

The Dudley Boys vs. The Hardy Boys, Tables Match - WWE Royal Rumble 2000

Steve Austin and Triple H vs. Chris Benoit and Chris Jericho - WWE RAW 21/05/2001

Eddie Guerrero vs. Rob Van Dam - WWE Backlash 2002

X Division King of the Mountain Match - TNA Slammiversary 2009

Part Two

CM Punk vs. John Morrison - WWE Smackdown 17/07/2009

Part Two

Eddie Guerrero vs. Shinjiro Ohtani - WCW Starrcade 1995

Triple H vs. Cactus Jack, Street Fight - WWE Royal Rumble 2000

Part Two

Triple H vs. Cactus Jack, Hell in a Cell Match - WWE No Way Out 2000

Part Two

KENTA vs. Davey Richards - ROH Supercard of Honor 2009

The Dudley Boys vs. Edge and Christian vs. The Hardy Boys, Ladder Match - WWE Wrestlemania 2000

Chris Benoit vs. Chris Jericho - WWE Backlash 2000

Chris Benoit vs. Chris Jericho, Submissions Match - WWE Judgement Day 2000

Triple H vs. The Rock, Iron Man Match - WWE Judgement Day 2000

The Young Bucks vs. CIMA and Susumu Yokosuka - Dragon Gate USA : Open the Historic Gate

Shingo Takagi vs. Naruki Doi - Dragon Gate USA : Open the Historic Gate

Part Two

Raven vs. AJ Styles - TNA Weekly PPV 27/08/2003

The Steiner Brothers vs. Hiroshi Hase and Kensuke Sasaki - Japan Supershow 21/03/1991

Tully Blanchard and Arn Anderson vs. Sting and Nikita Koloff - NWA Great American Bash 1988

Steve Austin vs. Rob Van Dam - WWE Smackdown 04/09/2001

Eddie Guerrero vs. Edge, No DQ Match - 26/09/2002

Randy Savage vs. Ricky Steamboat - WWE Wrestlemania III

Part Two

Randy Savage vs. Hulk Hogan - WWE Wrestlemania V

Part Two

Randy Savage vs. The Ultimate Warrior, Career Match - WWE Wrestlemania VII

Part Two

Ric Flair vs. Randy Savage - WWE Wrestlemania VIII

Part Two

Triple H vs. John Cena - WWE RAW 19/10/2009

Part Two

Matt Jackson vs. Nick Jackson vs. Lince Dorado vs. Hallowicked vs. Gran Akuma vs. Johnny Gargano - Dragon Gate USA Open the Freedom Gate

Dragon Kid and Shingo Takagi vs. Masato Yoshino and Naruki Doi - Dragon Gate USA Open the Freedom Gate

Have seen Rock vs Mankind at the Royal Rumble but I take it the Last Man Stading is where Big Show chokeslams Mankind of the ladder?

That was actually a ladder match on RAW. I'm not likely to be reviewing it on here, so the video won't be on there as I've already ran the rule over it so ...

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5x62a_the-rock-vs-mankind-ladder-match_sport

Here it is.

http://www.dailymoti...-from-raw_sport

Nice, I didnt know about that match with Taka and Triple H.

I thought he was meaning the match where Essa Rios almost beat Kurt Angle on Sunday Night Heat for the title.