The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

But the thing is HBK phoning one in is still better than what 90% of the roster can manage.

No it isn't. He has had some absolute shockers on TV.

He has had two good TV matches in the last three years. Not good enough.

A lack of respect?laugh.gif Sting IS a 50 year old guy. And they DID claim RVD was the "biggest free agent in wrestling". Reardless of who was popular when, to have Sting destroy RVD on his debut is an absolutely rediculous decision. Stings had his day. By all means have him on the roster, but to book him to do that on RVD's debut is moronic. Sting was my favourite wrestler as a kid, so I got full respect for him, but he doesn't belong in the main event anymore, his time has been and gone.

They could quite easily have had Sting kick the shit out of anybody else on the entire roster....just not "the biggest free agent in wrestling" on his TNA debut.

You referred to him as a "50 year old man" to degrade the TNA product. If not why did you not just say Sting?

I am not for one minute saying that RVD's debut was handled the correct way but TNA is the best company out there in terms of there product.

Why do you bother?

Excuse me? Have you got something to say or do you feel you covered everything you needed to say through a 4 word sentance?

Edited by The Hero of the Day

You referred to him as a "50 year old man" to degrade the TNA product. If not why did you not just say Sting?

I am not for one minute saying that RVD's debut was handled the correct way but TNA is the best company out there in terms of there product.

That last point is merely a sad indication of what wrestling is today.

So I should have said "Why did Sting kick the shit out of RVD" ? I guess that wouldn't have gotten my point over. It is what it is.

So I should have said "Why did Sting kick the shit out of RVD" ? I guess that wouldn't have gotten my point over. It is what it is.

Well said.

I suppose the TNAbots will defend the un-defendable.

I fucking HATE CZW with a passion! those idiots just bleed and wrestle bad, I LOVED the original ECW but that was violence mixed with some of the best technical wrestling around at the time (Nova, RVD, Lynn, Corino, ect.) but CZW and guys like necro butcher are just SHIT it's not wrestling it's bum fights in a ring... f**k it.

rant over

new rant:

TNA pished all over Raw last night, I posted my Raw review on page 145, TNA was much better (agreed that Beer Money sudenly going heel for no reason is fucked) but the rest was great! we saw a Really good match (Hardy vs Styles) that Raw couldn't touch, also was good to see Foley shave Bischoffs head bald :D the Ultimate X match is going to be insane, these guys really are the best pound for pound entertaining wrestlers in the game today, love it!

I fucking HATE CZW with a passion! those idiots just bleed and wrestle bad, I LOVED the original ECW but that was violence mixed with some of the best technical wrestling around at the time (Nova, RVD, Lynn, Corino, ect.) but CZW and guys like necro butcher are just SHIT it's not wrestling it's bum fights in a ring... f**k it.

Aye, because Corino and Nova were good. Aye right. :lol:

Aye, because Corino and Nova were good. Aye right. laugh.gif

Nova was a real inovator, quite often you heard joey styles rant about how super nova pulled out some moves then you see them on monday nights, he was a real talent imo, I loved when he used to pull out 3-way moves such as giving one guy a stunner and at the same time with the other arm giving someone else a DDT and then hitting a downed opponent with a leg drop. His nickname was the inovator of offence, him and Chris Chetti were a great tag team too, you should rewatch some old ECW matches, guys like nova and jerry lynn were making up moves years before they were adopted by the "sports entertainment" assholes

I thought it was a decent Raw this week to be honest. Typical build up to Mania stuff. Far less bullshit that normal, which is never a bad thing, especially Diva wise.

One thing I did notice for the first time tonight was Mr Hellwig in the opening credits. Guess he'll be fighting McMahon next then. Great.

Edited by bairnagain

I was really disappointed at Austins non-involvement in the "main event" of raw, must be a first for a contract signing involving stone cold.... no stunners and when was the last time you saw a contract signing that didn't involve someone going through the table in the middle of the ring laugh.gif

on to a different topic....

Remember when Smackdown! was Awesome, with Awesomer music/intro/stage/announcers/pyro/wrestlers

Excuse me? Have you got something to say or do you feel you covered everything you needed to say through a 4 word sentance?

You're a TNA fan & so am i, i am asking why you bother responding to the shite that is in this thread sometimes. You'll never be able to win any argument, because it's all pro WWE.