The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

Batista has been rumoured to want to go into MMA for a while now

http://www.tmz.com/2010/06/21/dave-batista-wwe-mma-strikeforce-mixed-martial-arts/

Here he claims to have agreed a deal with Strikeforce, however, Strikeforce officials say he hasn't. Correct me if I'm wrong but in that video....Big Dave would appear to be pishedlaugh.gif . No way am I believeing what he says, he's 41 FFS.

sjm.

Cena can say what he wants off camera. He can say "f**k you you fucking c***s" and it won't matter a jot. If he said it ON camera, it'd be different.

John Cena has dealt with stuff like this before, and with WWE being in total worked shoot mode, I wouldn't be surprised if this was just another part of it.

McIntyre-Kingston was excellent, even with the hugely predictable Hardy interference.

Fast-forwarded past the divas match.

Bourne-Jericho was very good, best match Jericho has had for a while. I think Bourne could do with being involved in the US title picture.

The SD title match was a bit of a joke tbh, Kane's role in it ruined the match for me. I'd have kept the title on Swagger as well, he still isn't established as a main eventer and letting him get a clean win here would've helped do that.

Miz-R-Truth was terrible, the crowd were dead for it.

Didn't really enjoy the tag match either, stupid ending it with a clothesline.

The main event was pretty good I thought, Sheamus nicking the title in the fashion he did was fantastic. Thought they could've been a bit more creative with the NXT involvement, it was basically a carbon copy of their first run-in on Raw.

Oh f**k off. Absolutely f**k off. The worst choice of champion in WWE history has the gold again.

Don't know if I'd go that far but it was the worst choice of the four. If Mysterio wasn't even meant to be in the match before Undertaker's injury then what's the point in putting the belt on him?

This has to be one of the worst crowds ever, you hear more boring chants than anything else.

I thought the crowd were great, I pretty much agreed with everything they were saying/chanting.

THANK GOD! A long awaited Abyss heel turn, now get rid of the American Made theme tune and stick with his old one.

Atleast TNA are responding to the crowd. Its been obvious for about 2 months now that the crowd don't give a crap about Abyss and even the past few weeks has been getting booed.

Yup, quite enjoying TNA atm. The main issue I have with it just now is that there is too much going on with each wrestler. Desmond Wolfe for example is competing for a place in Fortune, has the storyline with Chelsea, and is 9th in the rankings (I think?) so will face Angle at the PPV. Having said that if Abyss had leathered Hogan at the end of Impact this week then it would've completed what was a good heel turn for me.

I just read three matches which will be on the Victory Road card:

RVD vs Jeff Hardy vs Anderson vs Abyss

Beer Money vs Motor City Machine Guns

Madison Rayne vs Angelina Love

Doug Williams vs Brian Kendricks

For the World, Tag Team, Knockouts Single and X-Division titles respectively.

Lethal vs Flair

Morgan vs Hernandez (Cage Match)

Also think Brutus Magnus will be getting a push fr the Global title, presumably at Victory Road

Not a bad set of matches.

Forgot about a couple which have been added now.

Edited by forehead7

Don't know if I'd go that far but it was the worst choice of the four. If Mysterio wasn't even meant to be in the match before Undertaker's injury then what's the point in putting the belt on him?

Because he was meant to go on his holibags and a second world title run would be a hefty bargaining chip.

That last one is gonna be ...

Ultimate X

That should bring the quality down a few notches.

They seem to be pushing the idea that the champion has a lot of clout, mostly with Sting and RvD. If so, surely Doug Williams would be against an Ultimate X since he hates the X-division style of wrestling. I just hope they take the title of Williams.

Can't be Cole. Would mean an absolutely massive logic gap of King not seeing Cole sending emails to himself while sitting right beside him.

It could be the anonymous untill his return Daniel Bryan of course.

Yeah, it was originally short term til wrestlemania or something though, then when he appeared on wwe tv after that it was assumed but never confirmed that he had signed long term. Surely he won't leave like that.

I can see jericho losing here but dunno what they'd do with him after it as I doubt he'll be gone yet even though there were rumours.

I think I'll change my mind awready....it's Cole or Vinceph34r.gif.

I though Jericho/Bourne was match of the night last night so I've no problem seeing it again.

I, initially, thought it was Vince but his reaction when he was interupted and when he was told he was the referee swayed me.