The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

I think Hogan and Rock heard the reactions and just decided to run with it. Hogan could have killed an audience member and got cheered.

The face turn for Hogan was always planned. The Rock was never intended to be booed.

Oh and speaking of heel/face turns - has there been any instances in WWF where a face has turned heel and the heel turned face in the same match?

The only one I can think of is Demolition vs Powers of Pain but my mind is a bit ropey on whether that was an instant turn by both tag teams

The Steve Austin vs. Bret Hart one. Both men were reaching the point already, but Austin was still the heel and Hart was the babyface up to that point and then they did the double turn.

As for Michael Cole's heel-ness, I love it. The NXT commentary with Josh Matthews is amazing. Personally, I would get rid of The King, and make the NXT team the RAW one. I hope they do make him a heel all the time.

I also hope that Kaval and Daniels form a tag team or alliance and start beating on Cole. Kaval certainly needs to do something, he's been getting abuse for the deep voice on a little man for too long. It's like the only insult they have for him. Doubt they will though.

The "All internet, all the time" line during RAW was magnificent.

They need to pull the trigger on making him a full time heel commentator.

Some of his comments regarding Bryan in season 1 were brilliant.

"I can guarantee you this is the first time this goof has been anywhere near a keg"

"Did he just say he doesn't like soda? He's a weirdo!"

"Here he is. Mr Personality"

"This guy is an absolute tool"

His reactions to R-Truth's entrances the past few weeks, and Alberto del Rio on Monday were good as well.

Some of his comments regarding Bryan in season 1 were brilliant.

"I can guarantee you this is the first time this goof has been anywhere near a keg"

"Did he just say he doesn't like soda? He's a weirdo!"

"Here he is. Mr Personality"

"This guy is an absolute tool"

His reactions to R-Truth's entrances the past few weeks, and Alberto del Rio on Monday were good as well.

In the match he had with the Miz when Kutcher was the guest host was pretty funny, something along the lines of:

"He's a vegan?!? What even is that? He doesn't eat meat and he's a professional athlete!"

He does it pretty well. Never would've thought I'd say that.

I just ordered the WM18 tagged classic. The crowd in that match is awesome. I love the tagged classic series got all the rumbles and manias that are available. Nothing better than watching the old stuff, much prefer it to the current product.

I was lucky enough to get the original WWF DVDs of Mania and the Royal Rumble but I have pretty much every other PPV between 1997 and 2002 through the Tagged Classics which are a cracking idea ... they've even released the UK only PPVs like Capital Carnage from 1998.

Edited by The Naitch

Aye Hogan vs Rock is great match especially due to the crowd.

Hogan was meant to be the heel - did they plan to work it so that Hogan would be cheered and Rock booed? When I was watching it I remember thinking that it was superb the crowd reaction Hogan was getting and how it wasn't planned but then when NWO came and kicked Hogans ass at the end it makes me think it was planned all along for Hogan to be cheered and Rock booed

I was in attendance albeit in the cheap seats at the very back and I don't think anything was planned with regards to Rocky being booed, it was just a generational thing with the 20+ fans mainly rooting for Hogan and the younger generation on the side of the Rock. Met Cole then and he was the only p***k out of everyone, so it suits him to be a heel defnitely.

I was lucky enough to get the original WWF DVDs of Mania and the Royal Rumble but I have pretty much every other PPV between 1997 and 2002 through the Tagged Classics which are a cracking idea ... they've even released the UK only PPVs like Capital Carnage from 1998.

Yeah they are great. I used to have most of the rumbles and manias on VHS but replaced them all on dvd now. I must have a huge amount of old videos either silvervison or recorded in the loft

It was actually Sid that messed it up by kicking out of the Leg Drop was it not ? Memory is hazy, but I'm sure it was that which caused the run in DQ ending.

I thought that he refused to sell a defeat to the leg drop, so it was decided Papa Shango was supposed to interfere and break the count leading directly to the DQ and beatdown. When it was obvious that he'd made an arse of though and he wasn't going to make it to the ring in time, Sid just kicked out anyway.

At least that's what I thought. Anyway I'm sure the whole scenario was the reason Sid left first time around.

ICW tonight in Maryhill and the card is an absolute cracker.

ICW Championship

BT Gunn © vs. ???

Zero G Qualifier

Falcon vs. El Ligero ( whoa ! )

Zero G Qualifier

Liam Thomson vs. Andy Wild

William Grange vs. Johnny Moss

Chris Renfrew vs. Lionheart

Adam Shame vs. Steven Xavier

Kid Fite vs. Anthony Christie

Jack Jester, Rob Cage and Noam Dar are also set for the show.

Red Lightning is out for the forseeable future, so the ICW Title situation is thrown into further turmoil. I'm hoping for Noam Dar vs. BT Gunn myself as Noam and Booty had a belter of a match in East Kilbride. Ligero vs. Falcon is bound to be the showstealer.