The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

MVP must have asked for his release,was he not rumoured to be wanting out a few months ago?

Yup

No need for alarm. I did not get fired . I asked for & received my release. I felt it was time to go international & freshen things up

- MVP on Twitter

Just finished watching Impact

Over the last couple of months the booking in TNA has been absolutely awful. There is so much wrong with it.

-Ric Flair saying "If he doesn't name a ref this week I'll name one myself, I have that power" is mental. Why not just do that anyway, he is a heel who is in charge of the company and should be defending his champion.

-The show ends with a very short Jeff Hardy promo. Before that we had Angle cleaning house to end the action in the Impact zone despite the fact he isn't on the PPV? IMO it completely undermines the Joe-Jarrett feud. How is that going to encourage people to buy? The show should be closing with Morgan and Anderson in the ring having chased Hardy and Fortune away

-Why hasn't Ric Flair fired this rookie referee if he is in charge of contracts etc?

-Mickie James and Tara don't like each other, we get it. There is no need to have them "brawl" backstage every week, especially since these segments always look so fake

-There was no need for the Guns or GenMe to be in that opening match, none whatsoever

-Is Taz a face or a heel? Every week on commentary they have been hinting at a heel turn with him defending Immortal then they have him telling Bubba to get in the ring and of course his defence of Angle when Jarrett was beating him up

-I'm sure AJ and Williams will have a good match at the PPV but it has had no build-up as a feud. Yes Williams has been in a feud with Fortune but him and AJ have barely interacted. The use of AJ in general since Victory Road has been very poor.

-Jay Lethal has looked so weak over the last couple of months, they have completely wrecked the momentum they had with him when he was going over AJ or Flair and I don't understand why

-The last PPV was pointless, the 3 main events on this one are rematches from Turning Point and we have another Guns vs GenMe match as well

TNA has great potential but they are not utilising what they have well enough. The product is beyond bad just now.

Over the last couple of months the booking in TNA has been absolutely awful. There is so much wrong with it.

-Ric Flair saying "If he doesn't name a ref this week I'll name one myself, I have that power" is mental. Why not just do that anyway, he is a heel who is in charge of the company and should be defending his champion.

-The show ends with a very short Jeff Hardy promo. Before that we had Angle cleaning house to end the action in the Impact zone despite the fact he isn't on the PPV? IMO it completely undermines the Joe-Jarrett feud. How is that going to encourage people to buy? The show should be closing with Morgan and Anderson in the ring having chased Hardy and Fortune away

-Why hasn't Ric Flair fired this rookie referee if he is in charge of contracts etc?

-Mickie James and Tara don't like each other, we get it. There is no need to have them "brawl" backstage every week, especially since these segments always look so fake

-There was no need for the Guns or GenMe to be in that opening match, none whatsoever

-Is Taz a face or a heel? Every week on commentary they have been hinting at a heel turn with him defending Immortal then they have him telling Bubba to get in the ring and of course his defence of Angle when Jarrett was beating him up

-I'm sure AJ and Williams will have a good match at the PPV but it has had no build-up as a feud. Yes Williams has been in a feud with Fortune but him and AJ have barely interacted. The use of AJ in general since Victory Road has been very poor.

-Jay Lethal has looked so weak over the last couple of months, they have completely wrecked the momentum they had with him when he was going over AJ or Flair and I don't understand why

-The last PPV was pointless, the 3 main events on this one are rematches from Turning Point and we have another Guns vs GenMe match as well

TNA has great potential but they are not utilising what they have well enough. The product is beyond bad just now.

That's probably the worst thing about TNA; how they have so much talent but don't utilise it. The company is fucked. They've destroyed the star power of guys like AJ, Joe, Hardy, Beer Money. The old c***s like Hogan, Bischoff, Flair and EV2.0 should just not be there. They are destroying that company. It's like they've looked at how WCW died and instead of learning from it, have actually decided to copy it. Morons, utter morons. Oh and Dixie Carter should not be anywhere near TV. She's one of the worst charcters ever.

Edited by DA Baracus

Match of the year candidate on Superstars just now with Trent Barreta vs Tyler Reks. Captain Charisma Curt Hawkins on commentary. It actually isn't that bad but it was just completely pointless dropping Caylen Croft and Lance Hoyt thu8s breaking up 2 tag teams when theres f**k all of them as it is. These guys aren't going anywhere as singles guys. Will be gone by Easter.

Edited by Sir Kevin Of Kilsyth

WCW Nitro 10/03/1996

I decided to move onto March since forgetting which point of February I was actually at.

"Hacksaw" Jim Duggan vs. The Giant

I suppose there might be some intrigue as to how long that Jim Duggan lasts. Lets face it, he's not going to last very long. Great moment when Duggan attacks Giant from behind right away and Giant has a look of "don't make me do this". Of course, Giant then starts to get the motor running and gives Duggan a bit of a beating. Duggan gives this a really spirited go as I should have suspected he was going to do, and The Giant even needed the help of Jimmy Hart, but ultimately, The Giant took the win.

During the match, Brian Pillman was causing general shenanigans at ringside.

The Steiner Brothers vs. The Road Warriors

It was supposed to be The Nasty Boys taking on The Road Warriors, but the Nasties were laid out. As far as this match goes, I LOVED the opening stuff between Hawk and Scott, as it was just two big guys throwing big bombs at each other. Animal and Rick didn't do much to let the side down either. There was a magnificent exchange near the end when the Steiners attempted the Doomsday Device, and everyone winded up landing Flying Clotheslines on everyone else. Anyways, this was a terrific power tag match, ended with a cheap weapon shot from Animal.

The Steiner Brothers are not amused. This is NOT over.

Lex Luger © vs. Alex Wright - WCW Television Championship

Lex Luger has a LOT going for him, as he now has two title belts. Alex Wright has nothing going for him as he is now facing Lex Luger. Alex Wright gives this a go. He throws his cruiserweight moves, but Luger uses his experience to turn the momentum whenever he is in serious trouble for the most part. I didn't like that Luger needed to cheat or needed Jimmy Hart because although he's a heel, he's Lex Luger. He shouldn't be having trouble with Alex Wright. He did use the help of Jimmy Hart though, even if he didn't want it.

Ric Flair, Arn Anderson and The Taskmaster vs. The Booty Man, Hulk Hogan and Randy Savage - Lumberjack Strap Match

This is absolute chaos right from the word go. Basically the guys on the outside mean real trouble for the guys in the ring, mostly the heels as they don't want any of this match. As if we need more chaos, we have Kimberly at the top of the aisle with a bunch of flowers. We have carnage on the floor when Hogan gets sent out. This is a nightmare to keep up with, but admittedly, this is GREAT fun. Hogan and Flair have the focal point of this match, and it's with them that is where it ends with Hogan getting the Leg Drop on Flair and getting the pin. Chaotic fun stuff here.

We now have Mean Gene in the ring with Ric Flair, The Taskmaster and Arn Anderson. They're absolutely LIVID about losing that match and promise that it's going to be different at Uncensored, and we're out of time.

WCW Nitro 18/03/1996

This is the final show before WCW Uncensored, and we open that with The Giant and Loch Ness doing battle on the aisle. Well, I say they're doing battle, but it's mainly just Lex Luger giving Loch Ness a pure beating. This doesn't stop Lex Luger from doing his posing with fireworks. :laugh:

Lex Luger © vs. Loch Ness - WCW Television Championship

This match ends with Lex Luger winning by count out. So umm ... yeah. I can't really argue with being saved from watching a Loch Ness match. Lex Luger is proud of his victory.

Lex Luger heads up to the announce table and says that he's on a roll. He has no problems with taking that win. Nor should he. Who would want to face Loch Ness ?

We now have Tony Schiavone and he has an interview with Hulk Hogan and Randy Savage. They talk about getting into the Doomsday Device against the odds at Uncensored. There's a Texas Tornado Match going on tonight, but we don't get much details on that.

Public Enemy vs. The Steiner Brothers

Public Enemy have a table at ringside with them, which forebodes some major trouble for someone at the end of this one. This isn't quite the barrel of awesome that we seen the previous week from the Steiners, but we do get some right fun. The Steiners are dominant as hell in this match untill Public Enemy bring chairs into the match and things turn a wee bit. Public Enemy bore the balls off when they're in control, but the Steiners are great fun. The win comes when The Steiners get their Doomsday Bulldog after one of P.E. send themselves through a table.

Arn Anderson vs. The Booty Man

Arn Anderson is made to look like a monumental idiot in this match which I can't say I was too happy with. Of course, they manage to cancel that out somewhat by making him outsmart The Booty Man later in the match. It's a lively match, but it's mainly lots of nothing going on. Kimberly heads for the ring and Woman isn't happy with that. The Booty Man went out and got attacked from behind, but that only served to ANGER Booty Man who landed a big knee for the win. I suppose that's a rather good way to end a match.

The Nasty Boys vs. The Road Warriors

The Nasty Boys are all taped up and bandaged up after the attack from last week, but they are also fired up as well, unloading everything on The Road Warriors. Massive brawl going on between these two teams. They go to a break and when they come back, the chaos is still going on. The Steiners stick their oar into the battle and decide they want a piece of both teams, and that give the distraction for the cheap shot with a weapon for Animal to get the win. That was a fun brawl.

Kevin Sullivan and Ric Flair vs. Hulk Hogan and Randy Savage - Texas Tornado Match

Much like last time out, the battle between Ric Flair and Hulk Hogan seems to be the focal point. The chaos is here from last week as well, except not QUITE as chaotic thanks to not as many guys being involved in the match. Doesn't appear to be making things any less fun though. This match kinda went downhill though as much like the Booty Man/Anderson battle earlier, this match seen lots of nothing going on. On a side note, I'm fucking suck of hearing about "the history of our sport". Stick the history of our sport up yer arse. The match ends up going to a no contest as the match turns into absolute chaos.

Brian Pillman, The Taskmaster and Arn Anderson are all out there and a big brawl is going on. The Booty Man hits the ring. Anderson is now waving people out to the ring and here comes Zeus. There's another massive c**t that I don't know. Hogan, Booty and Savage decide to get out of the ring. Tony Schiavone gets into the ring to talk to the madness. The Taskmaster has played his trump cards. Basically, the rest of the people in the ring boast about their new partners and how the match is going to end on Sunday. End to that !

Pretty much all of that. Apart from the opener which I didn't really get, and the knockout's match which I didn't watch, I thought it was quite a good show, in terms of the matches. The stories are still stupid and full of holes but the matches weren't bad.

I was watching the Morgan match and thinking that that was the show finished when Hardy came out because I knew Anderson was coming back, stupid TNA facebook dry.gif. Then I realised we still had ages left, I thought that he would come out later.

The main point of that show should be to tell you that Anderson is gonna ref the match, that should be the point you go out on. Not the feud that will be happening next month nor should the main event be to do with the feuds that will be second and third from the top of the card.

Thought they should've had Christie Hemme beat up Cookie and Lethal beat up Robbie then she could've been at ringside to protect Lethal since we never actually found out who won that stupid contest.

WCW Uncensored 1996

So we've hit a PPV which means a PBP to see if we can find a cracking match in there that can break the 4* barrier. The summaries at the end of the PBP will be longer as I'm doing them for another forum.

Konnan © vs. Eddie Guerrero - WCW United States Championship ( ***1/4 )

"Lord" Steven Regal vs. Fit Finlay ( *** )

Col. Robert Parker vs. Madusa ( ** )

Diamond Dallas Page vs. The Booty Man ( *1/2 )

Loch Ness vs. The Giant ( DUD )

The Road Warriors vs. Sting and Booker T., Chicago Street Fight ( ** )

The Alliance to End Hulkamania vs. Hulk Hogan and Randy Savage, Doomsday Cage Match ( DUD )

Konnan © vs. Eddie Guerrero - WCW United States Championship

They circle each other and this one is getting under way. Apparently this is the only title fight tonight. Lockup and back into the corner they go. Eddie goes behind and Konnan goes behind and tries to grab an arm. Konnan gets the Arm Bar as Eddie tries to escape. Arm Drag from Konnan. Eddie now manages to escape that and lands a Leaping Arm Drag and then he does a wee flip to end that. Eddie grabs a leg and takes Konnan down and works on the leg. Eddie then stretches the legs while doing a headstand. I hate doing things like that just for the sake of it. Figure Four Leglock from Eddie and Konnan finds the bottom rope. Cracking little pinfall exchange and we have a stalemate. Eddie now has the arms locked and Konnan battles to his feet. Konnan tries to escape and eventually grabs a leg. Konnan then goes for the Half Crab and then goes for the Boston Crab. He just isn't getting that locked in and Eddie gets to the bottom rope. Knee to the stomach and Konnan then with a Hiptoss countered to the Arm Drag and then we have pinfalls attempted and a stalemate. Konnan slaps Eddie and now this thing is getting heated. There is a mixed crowd for this one. The Standing Dropkick from Eddie and then he sets Konnan on the top rope and lands a Super Rana for a two count. To the Camel Clutch. Konnan reaches for the bottom rope and then Eddie grabs the arm. Konnan drops down and that drops Eddie to the floor. That was a nice escape there. Lockup and a Headlock from Konnan and he takes Eddie down with a couple of Arm Drags. Springboard Arm Drag and Eddie gets to the floor. Headlock from Eddie and then the Headlock Takedown and Side Headlock. Konnan escapes to the Arm Drag. Konnan stretches the arms and then steps over the shoulder to get more leverage. Eddie with the takedown and Konnan to the floor. Eddie heads for the top rope and Konnan heads for the floor. Mixed reaction for Konnan. Tony : "The fans appreciate what we're seeing." Fans : "Booooooo." :laugh: Anyway, Eddie with a chop in the ring. Monkey Flip and Eddie lands on his feet and then the Tilt-a-Whirl Head Scissors. Konnan to the floor. PLANCHA OFF THE TOP FROM EDDIE !!! Slingshot Senton coming back in from Eddie and that gets a two count. Snapmare from Eddie and then he goes to the Head Scissors. Konnan starts to get the fans behind him as he struggles to escape the move. Konnan does however managed to roll out of the move as he rolls out and has the legs and also has a Head Scissors. Cool. ROLLING GERMAN SUPLEXES ... COUNTERED TO THE VICTORY ROLL FROM EDDIE !!! ONE ! TWO ! THRE ... KICKOUT !!! Clothesline from Konnan then changes the momentum back in his favour. Eddie into the ropes and he gets the Rana and that gets a two count. The match is getting a bit messy. SPLASH MOUNTAIN FROM KONNAN !!! ONE ! TWO ! THRE ... KICKOUT !!! Konnan heads for the second buckle and Eddie goes up. EDDIE GETS DUMPED TO THE FLOOR FROM THE TOP ROPE !!! SUICIDE DIVE FROM KONNAN !!! Back in and Eddie tries for a Waistlock, but Konnan turns into a Clothesline and that gets a two count. Konnan now heads for the top rope. Eddie stops him up there. TOP ROPE SUPERPLEX FROM EDDIE !!! Both men are down. Eddie gets a two count. Eddie heads for the top rope and Konnan stops him. SLAM OFF THE TOP BUT EDDIE TURNS IT INTO A SMALL PACKAGE !!! ONE ! TWO ! THRE ... KICKOOOUUUTTT !!! Konnan into the ropes. ACCIDENTAL LOW BLOW FROM KONNAN !!! ONE ! TWO ! THREE !!!

I hate when guys do stupid little bits of gymnastics for no reason. Case in point ? Eddie stretching the legs of Konnan and then doing a headstand. Why ? It does no good whatsoever. The opening minutes of mat based stuff was quite good for the most part though. The stalemate before the heated exchanges are BRILLIANT as both men really up the tempo. I have to say, even after the exchange of reversals at the start, there's still some cool as f**k counters in this match. Stuff that even if you seen it now, you'd be thinking "cool". The match got a bit messy but they recovered things pretty well and turned it into a good outing. ***1/4

"Lord" Steven Regal vs. Fit Finlay

Finlay works on Regal in the corner and gets a Headlock. Big Hiptoss from Regal and that gets a two count. HUGE European Uppercuts, but Finlay comes back with shots of his own. Elbow to the nose from Finlay and then a BRUTAL Short Arm Clothesline. :lol: MORE !!! Kick to the back and you HEARD that. Finlay with a right hand and then Regal comes back with European Uppercuts. Cravat from Regal and then he gets the Seated Abdominal Stretch while punching Finlay in the face. Finlay with a big knee to escape. Snapmare and a Knee Drop and then he throws Regal to the floor and attacks from behind. Finlay then drops Regal on the railing. Finlay then sends the shoulder of Regal into the ringpost. The arm of Regal then gets dropped over the top rope. Arm Bar from Finlay. Regal with knees to escape that and then he kicks Finlay in the head. Stomp to the head from Regal and then more European Uppercuts. BRUTAL KICK TO THE HEAD FROM REGAL !!! ONE ! TWO ! KICKOUT !!! Finlay uses the bottom rope to kick out. Arm Ringer and Finlay gets out with a BRUTAL forearm and then he takes Regal down with an arm submission. Regal mounts Finlay and lands some right hands. Finlay escapes and gets a headbutt and then a Knee Drop. Body Slam from Finlay and then a Senton Splash and that gets a two count. Sleeper Hold from Finlay. Chinlock from Finlay. Whatever he's doing, it probably hurts. Wow, that IS a Chinlock. It turns back to a Sleeper Hold. Regal escapes nicely, but Finlay goes back to the arm, so he eats a forearm. BRUTAL forearm from Regal. BRUTAL Clothesline from Finlay. Finlay takes Regal to the apron and he lands some clubbing shots and then head first into the railing goes Finlay. Finlay wants a chair, but Regal comes back with kicks and then into the ring. Both men want a Suplex, and Regal lands a Suplex to the floor. ELBOW DROP OFF OF THE APRON FROM REGAL !!! Regal back into the ring and Finlay looks disappointed in himself. Regal with a clubbing shot to the chest. Snapmare from Regal and an Elbow Drop and that gets a two count. Arm Bar from Finlay. Kick to the back from Finlay. Was he looking to score a free kick there ? BRUTAL KICK TO THE BALLS FROM REGAL !!! Stomp to the head from Regal and then a big kick to the back. European Uppercut, but then Finlay with a thumb in the eye. This is just a brutal match at the moment. Knee Drops from Finlay. Elbow Drop from Finlay and that gets a two count. Elbows to the face from Regal and that hurts. Finlay had a SMILE on his face. Jesus. Regal into the corner and a Back Body Drop from Finlay. As a receipt for earlier, Finlay gets sent into the apron. BRUTAL PUNCH TO THE FACE FROM FINLAY !!! To the floor they go again and Finlay charges Regal into the apron and lands a chop. Another punch right to the fucking eye. :lol: Regal walks around on the outside and Finlay throws him back in. Regal looks absolutely done for here. REGAL KICKS FINLAY OVER THE TOP ROPE !!! That is desperation right there. They battle to the back of the aisle and then the Blue Bloods turn up and we have a DQ. AW f**k !!!

This is a match that I've heard a lot of things about. Apparently it's quite brutal so I'm looking forward to seeing it. Sure enough, they completely maul each other right from the word go. They settle things down a bit after a while, but now and again they brutalise each other in great ways just to make sure you're still awake. Well worth noting are the kicks, especially Finlay's kicks to the back. This is a brutal and physical match here. Nothing fancy and no great mat wrestling or anything. Just two guys kicking the shit out of each other for close to 20 minutes. Who can complain about that ? ***

Col. Robert Parker vs. Madusa

Parker wants to shake hands and Madusa wants him to kiss her arse. To be fair, he probably wanted to do that. Lockup and into the corner and Parker chokes her in the corner and we have a clean break, which ASTOUNDS the commentators. The same thing happens a second time and Madusa seems to be taken back a bit. Madusa charges HIM into the corner and then lands the Arm Drag. This match doesn't have long to go. Fireman's Carry from Parker. AIRPLANE SPIN !!! COUNTRED TO THE SUNSET FLIP FROM MADUSA !!! ONE ! TWO ! THRE ... KICKOUT !!! BODY SLAM FROM MADUSA !!! Double handed choke from Parker and then he throws Madusa down but misses an Elbow Drop. Dropkick off of the second rope from Madusa and then again. PLANCHA OFF THE TOP FROM MADUSA !!! She then kicks the crap out of Parker. GERMAN SUPLEX FROM MADUSA !!! ONE ! TWO ! THRE ... DICK SLATER BREAKS IT !!! PARKER WITH THE PIN !!! HE GETS IT !!!

We go from a match that I want to see to a match which I have no desire at all to see. I'm a trooper though and I will battle through. Okay, credit where it's due, I actually really enjoyed this. Not a great match obviously, but it was fun and it was kept short enough so as it didn't overstay it's welcome. A couple of quite good exchanges in there too. 3 for 3 for enjoyable matches! **

Diamond Dallas Page vs. The Booty Man

So after Booty Man being involved in the main events, he winds up doing ... this. DDP heads for the floor and has some words for the fans. DDP back in the ring. Booty chases him down and DDP heads back to the floor. DDP gets back into the ring and then does some taunting. Booty asks for the cheers and gets them. Can we not have wrestling at any point here ? Booty now gets the fans behind him and we get a Lockup. DDP with charges and then Booty goes to the Arm Ringer. DDP finds the bottom rope and then heads to the apron to get the fans annoyed again. DDP backs into the corner and then gets a lockup and Booty with the Headlock. Booty into the ropes and he charges down DDP and DDP heads for the floor again. Lockup and into the corner they go we have a break, and then DDP misses a right hand and Booty hits one of his own. Booty gets the fans behind him and then he works on the arm of DDP. A fan shouts at DDP. DDP : "SHUT UP YOU FAT PIG !!!" Booty stomps on the arm and then again the Arm Ringer. Knee to the stomach from DDP and then Booty avoids a right hand and does a bit of strutting. DDP tries to attack from behind, and then Booty lands the right hand and sends DDP over the top rope. DDP gets annoyed and the referee pushes him off of the apron. DDP throws a hissy fit and heads for the back and Booty stops him and lands some right hands. Head first into the apron goes DDP and then back into the ring. DDP backs away from Booty. DDP grabs the trunks of Booty and then sends him into the middle buckle. Booty comes back though and sends the head of DDP into the top buckle and then the middle, bottom and then canvas and that was nice. :lol: DDP falls through the ropes to the floor and then walks into the ringpost and then falls over the railing. Kimberly is now at ringside. Booty now with right hands and then back into the ring they go. Booty goes in and DDP gets a shot in at his back. Headlock from DDP. Overhead Wristlock from DDP and then he gets a Headlock. DDP into the ropes and now we have a criss cross. DDP holds onto the top rope and then he struts. Booty lands a big right hand and then kicks DDP who is caught up in the ropes. Elbow to the back of the head from Butcher. DDP tried to Arm Drag down Booty and that didn't end well. Cross Body Block and DDP moves and Booty crashes. Kimberly gets onto the apron and she gives Booty some encouragement. Chinlock from DDP. Booty fights out but runs right into the knee and that gets a two count. Chinlock again from DDP and he uses the ropes for leverage. This is quite boring, I have to say. Some major Chinlockery from DDP. Booty fights out and hits the ropes, but runs into the Hot Shot. Kimberly onto the apron and DDP kisses her. Slap from Kim. High Knee from Booty wins the match.

Basically, this is a last chance match for DDP to get Kimberly back and also to save his career. Wasn't a fan of the early stalling from DDP, but it can be forgiven as he was REALLY getting under the skins of the fans with it. I thought The Booty Man got WAAAAAY too much offense in the early part of this match. Although you could make an arguement that it was very satisfying seeing DDP get such a brutal beating after all of his antics at the very start of the match, and it's not as if he didn't get a good spell in the match. Ah well, I suppose I can live with it even if it was Chinlockery 101. Boring as f**k match though. *1/2

Loch Ness vs. The Giant

This is going to be a very shit match. Lockup and knees and chops from Giant and he unloads with them chops. He then chokes Ness with the boot. Ness comes back with right hands and then Headbutts and then he clubs on the back of Giant. I'm pretty sure Giant had the better of a similar battle on Nitro. Giant then kicks Ness in the gut over and over again. Giant misses a big charge and winds up on the floor. Into the ring. Ness lands the big Elbow Drop. Elbow Drop again but that misses. Clothesline from Giant and then a big kick to the face. Leg Drop from Giant and that gets a three count.

Loch Ness uses the music that Dean Malenko would wind up using. Could they have gotten two guys any different to use that theme music ? This was absolutely shit as I suspected it would be. Nothing else to say. DUD

The Road Warriors vs. Sting and Booker T., Chicago Street Fight

The brawl kicks off. Sting charges into a boot from Animal. Hawk gets sent into the ringpost by Booker on the floor. Back Body Drop on the floor from Hawk to Booker. Sting avoids a shot from Animal in the ring and now everyone's in the ring. AXE KICK FROM BOOKER !!! Sting and Hawk are now heading for the floor. Powerslam from Animal in the ring and then an Elbow Drop and that gets a two count. Forearms from Hawk to Booker on the floor. Animal now has Sting and he crotches him on the ringpost. Tony : "That is a Stinger splash that he didn't want." :lol: Indeed Tony. Booker gets dropped on the railing. Sting comes back into things and crotches Animal on the ringpost. Hawk then attacks Sting, but that's too late. Hawk sent face first into the railing on the floor. PILEDRIVER ON THE FLOOR FRM BOOKER !!! It's Hawk though and he lands a Clothesline. Sting and Animal are in the ring again. Clothesline from Animal in the ring and that gets a two count. Booker with a Superkick on the floor. Bulldog from Sting. Booker then gets into the ring. Hawk follows and then Animal with a low blow. Booker sent to the floor. Stomp to the stomach from Hawk to Sting and then to the floor everyone goes. Rake to the eyes from Hawk to Sting. Booker and Animal now back into the ring. Booker jumps right into a right hand to the gut from Animal. Dropkick on the aisle from Hawk to Sting. At least they are giving the match a sense of chaos. Sting gives Animal a bit of a beating with a chair. Sting now has a chair in the ring and he lays into Hawk with it. Animal now heading for the ring. CHAIR TO THE HEAD OF HAWK !!! Animal into the ring and he lays into the makeshift team with a chair. Animal into the ropes. HARLEM SIDEKICK FROM BOOKER !!! Piledriver from Sting and Hawk no-sells it. That spot twice in the match ? Weird to see such a big spot done twice in the same match. Snapmare from Hawk and then a Chinlock on Sting and then he adds the Body Scissors. Everyone's on the outside again and Sting gets sent over the railing and then Hawk lays on a big beating. Sting comes back with a Back Body Drop but then Animal attacks, but then HE gets attacked by Booker. Hawk gets sent into the railing. Animal gets sent into the ring. Booker and Animal then brawl up the aisle. Sting heads for the top rope and he comes down on top of Hawk. Booker gets sent into the cage at the back of the aisle. STINGER SPLASH FROM STING IN THE RING ... MISSES !!! Animal gets crotched on the top rope when he gets back to the ring. Booker heads for the top rope. Flying Clothesline from Booker. Back Drop Suplex from Hawk to Booker after Sting and Animal collide in the middle of the ring. Sidewalk Slam from Booker to Hawk. Animal chokes Sting with the boot. Booker tries the Spinaroonie, and Hawk gets in his way. Poor guy. There is a LOT of stuff going on. European Uppercut from Animal to Booker and then he takes shots at the chest. Hawk has a submission on the legs of Sting. Animal and Booker wind up back on the floor as Hawk and Sting do battle in the ring. Sting with a Clothesline to Hawk as Animal and Booker get into the ring. Double Clothesline from Sting and Booker to Animal. Hawk gets crotched on the top rope. Big Suplex in the ring from Animal to Booker. The match is beginning to grate a bit. Booker now gets crotched in the ring by Animal. Hawk with an Elbow Drop on Sting on the floor. Animal gets sent into the railing as Hawk is in the ring with Booker. Animal gets back into the ring now. Booker has Hawk in the Camel Clutch now as Sting drags Animal back to the apron and then they get into the ring. To the floor and Animal with a chair across the back of Sting. The crowd are getting RIGHT into this as everyone is in the ring. Booker chokes Animal in the corner and then Sting joins in again. Animal and Booker are gone. Hawk and Sting are in the ring. Animal and Booker are brawling backstage. Lex Luger is back there and now he attacks Animal. Stevie Ray is now back there too. Hawk lands a Flying Clothesline on Sting and that gets a CLOSE two count. Sting and Hawk brawl and now Booker is heading for the ring. STINGER SPLASH ON THE RAILING ... MISSES !!! Hawk gets launched into the steel steps by Booker though and then back into the ring. Sidewalk Slam and then he heads for the top rope. HARLEM HANGOVER FROM BOOKER ... MISSES !!! STEVIE RAY WITH A CHAIR TO THE BACK OF HAWK !!! ONE ! TWO ! THREE !!!

I love how Lex Luger got Sting into this match and then wasn't even in it. That sums up the awesome of Luger around this time. At least they gave the match a real sense of chaos. The action didn't really seem to be up to much early, but with the split screen and the fighting around the ring area, we didn't really have a chance to digest how boring the action was. To the credit of the four guys in the match, they gave this match the feeling of a chaotic fight much like Regal and Finlay, but these two teams didn't have the same brutality and sense of urgency, and it was actually quite boring and too long at times. **

The Alliance to End Hulkamania vs. Hulk Hogan and Randy Savage, Doomsday Cage Match

I have heard some proper horror stories about how bad this match is. Even in the first cage, you can tell how dreadful the match is going to be. I have never seen so much nothing going on in a wrestling match before. I actually couldn't finish watching the match. I ended up skipping to the end. It was just endless punching for the first 15 minutes, I got fed up in a big way. A horrible match. DUD

Dom Dom got it right !

WWE.com has Del Rio vs. Rey as a TLC Match and Edge vs. Kane as a Ladder Match. I'm happy with that. Would have been disappointing if they wasted the TLC Match two years running.

Edge vs Kane is a TLC match unsure.gif - http://www.wwe.com/shows/wwetlc/matches1/16496014/preview/

Seems Cookie will still be put in the cage and suspended over the ring for the X-division match.

Didn't get in from work till half way through iMPACT tonight and switched on at this part. WTF is this guys gimmick all about? It's absolutely dire. Can't believe he is X-Division champ. What a waste of Lethal.

Final Resolution

Jeff Hardy vs Matt Morgan

Jeff Jarrett vs Samoa Joe

Abyss vs The Pope D'Angelo Dinero

Rob Van Dam vs Rhino

Motor City Machine Guns vs Generation Me

Mickie James vs Tara

AJ Styles vs Douglas Williams

Jay Lethal vs Robbie E

Beer Money vs Ink Inc.

Looks to me like quite a big card. My winners in bold.

Hardy will win, not sure how though since Anderson is the special guest referee and I can't see him turning back to heel.

Jarrett needs to win so that his feud with Angle is made better.

RVD will probably feud with Hardy after this PPV so he needs to beat Rhino.

Just can't see Gen Me winning.

Mickie James will go onto to win the Knockout's title, next.

AJ won't drop the title to Williams

Lethal has to win this, he's been cheated out because of Cookie but now she's not gonna be able to interfere.

Beer Money were in the main feud before MCMG and Gen Me's. Ink Inc will probably get a shot but I'd rather see them and Beer Money.

Really not sure about the casket match. On one hand, if Abyss loses then Immortal look week. If Pope loses then that feud dies really.