The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

Did anyone else hear Cole almost say "wrestling" on SD before stopping mid-word and saying "entertaining, with the three of them struggling not to laugh? Edge said "wrestling" a few times when he was on commentary, followed by long pauses as Vince obviously went mental on the headset.

@RealKevinNash I will not be working with 1pro wrestling in the U.K in May the promoter could not come up with the deposit. Thank Danny Rodd

doubt he'll be going to Kilmarnock either then

The ones in bold wont be punted.

Great Khali is out of hope more than anything as i know he's big in India, yet he's useless inside the ring.

Otunga is the worst individual out of both the Smackdown and Raw rosters and should be punted as he's awful.

I don't see much potential in Harris either, yet at least he can do some wrestling moves.

I'd say TNA is like seeing a bowl of what looks like chocolate ice cream and then actually getting it and it being a big bowl of cold shite. It might look similar from a distance but it still leaves you with a bad taste in your mouth.

EDIT: I mean that in comparison to the WWE, the WWE being the bowl of ice cream.

Edited by ginge123

1PW fucking things up should have been predicted by all. X-Pac has said he won't be coming over now that Nash isn't coming and both of them will be warning Shawn Michaels against coming over.

BCW are doing what they can to salvage their own end, since they have basically been fucked over by 1PW. Again. A shitarse promotion who deserve death.

1PW fucking things up should have been predicted by all. X-Pac has said he won't be coming over now that Nash isn't coming and both of them will be warning Shawn Michaels against coming over.

BCW are doing what they can to salvage their own end, since they have basically been fucked over by 1PW. Again. A shitarse promotion who deserve death.

I love the 1PW guy who comes on here sporadically and posts on the status bar about which big star is coming to 1PW for a show. He seems to be the only one who actually believes the shite he comes away with. They rarely follow through on any of their hyped appearances.

Turns out Scott Hall was part of TRP's 30th anniversary show and it was a disaster, this is from someone who was there:

Hey guys, I just HAD to send in this report. Tonight I attended Scott Hall's return, at a local New England wrestling promotion's anniversary show. And, tonight I witnessed one of the saddest things I've ever seen in my entire life. Once the man who brought down the house at WrestleMania X, a founder of the NWO, and a great wrestler with even greater mic skills, Scott Hall appeared tonight a man in need of desperate help.

First, he was supposed to sign autographs in the lobby area; however, he had to be carried to the table. When I tell you his face looked lifeless, I cannot even stress the enormity of that statement. He couldn't hold his eyes open, he was falling over at the table, and looked almost like when you see an elderly patient with dementia; staring out with no signs of awareness or life written on their face. He couldn't even hold a pen, so people had to take pictures with him, although he sadly wasn't even aware enough to look up for the camera. Everyone was in shock, with comments like "This is so sad", "Oh my God, I can't believe that", and "I can't even look at him, it's so sad to see him like this."

My friend and I all thought there was no way he would appear in the ring as previously scheduled, but we, and the entire building, were shocked to hear the announcement of Scott Hall coming to the ring. Guys, I kid you not, he had to be carried down the aisle; his legs and feet physically lifted through the ropes. He then cut a promo which was heartbreaking. He had noticeably slurred speech, and had to be held up. Then, Justin Credible came down to the ring and unfortunately the segment carried painfully on. Scott Hall then referred to him as a "w****r" because (and I paraphrase) "that's what you guys call him here right?" Now everyone wondered what he meant but it was soon to be revealed in another painful moment. He said he loved the fans so much that he just traveled from the hospital to see us. Some tasteless fans shouted "relapse", and he said that it was actually for a seizure, not a relapse this time. He then explained that he traveled all the way coast to coast from the hospital, all the way to see us here in the U.K. You read that right. He thought he was in the United Kingdom. This caused many fans to chant "U.S.A." but he didn't understand. He then was blind-sided by a local wrestler Gino Giovanni (as scripted), and fell down. After minutes of trying to be held up, he picked up a chair to hit Gino, but was so out of it, that it was painful to watch his attempt.He DID NOT, and I can't stress that enough, wrestle, as any attempt would have been incredibly dangerous to him as well as all the performers. However at the end of the match between Credible and Giovanni, Hall climbed in the ring and tried to cut more promos unsuccessfully. It took the staff and crew nearly 12 minutes to get Hall out of the ring, and upon having his hands raised, he fell over, which was horrifying to watch. Again he had to be carried and lifted through the ropes because he was too unsteady on his feet, nor coherent enough to do so by himself. This segment lasted over 20 minutes, and was heartbreaking to watch; the consensus of the ENTIRE building was shock and sadness.

I am NOT here to report anything official on the reasoning for Scott Hall's physical state tonight, and it would be completely irresponsible to make any conclusions without hearing the facts first. Whether it was a rehab stint, medications from the hospital still in his system, or anything on his behalf, I do not know. I am not here to report this in jest of this man's struggles, and can only pass on this story with the high hopes that we will all say a prayer for Scott Hall; he NEEDS help. Ironically enough, the night ended with a ladder match. The very same match that 17 years ago, Scott Hall defined at WrestleMania X with the icon Shawn Michaels. Tonight, was a sad look at how far his demons have caused him to fall. Tonight, I pray for Scott Hall.

Was just reading about Hall on UKFF.

That footage is just heartbreaking. On of my all time faves and a guy who could still work either in the ring or backstage in most capacities if not for his demons.

The promoter here should be hung though sending the legend to the ring in that state, they imo have took Hall's serious health issues and made a bigger fool of him than he has ever managed to do himself.

I had been a bit worried about him seeign as the last call videos had become so few and far between in the last few weeks.

The kliq need to do something once and for all for the guy but i dont know exactly what they can do.

Sad to say it but i actually think he will be dead in the not too distant future which would be so so sad

One of the saddest things I think I've ever seen. A professional, and in his day a fucking fantastic one at that, maybe literally in his last days on this Earth, and still young enough to have been working at least a part-time card.

As said, shame on the promotion for letting him go out there like that. He should, by all intents, have been walking out on stage at the HOF with Waltman and Nash to give Michaels his big send-off. But it's so painfully obvious why even Nash, his very best friend, has washed his hands of Hall, he needs serious help, pronto.

Cameron, the Kilq have helped, or at least tried to. Waltman wasn't without his substance abuse issues, but Vince and the WWE funded his rehabilitation completely, I'm sure they did the same for Hall as well, but it's obviously a much more deep seated issue. They do this with scores of ex-workers who fall on hard times.

One of the saddest things I think I've ever seen. A professional, and in his day a fucking fantastic one at that, maybe literally in his last days on this Earth, and still young enough to have been working at least a part-time card.

As said, shame on the promotion for letting him go out there like that. He should, by all intents, have been walking out on stage at the HOF with Waltman and Nash to give Michaels his big send-off. But it's so painfully obvious why even Nash, his very best friend, has washed his hands of Hall, he needs serious help, pronto.

Cameron, the Kilq have helped, or at least tried to. Waltman wasn't without his substance abuse issues, but Vince and the WWE funded his rehabilitation completely, I'm sure they did the same for Hall as well, but it's obviously a much more deep seated issue. They do this with scores of ex-workers who fall on hard times.

Im aware of the stuff Vince and the Kliq have done for him, i have mentioned it in this very thread. However i do hope one of them have seen this footage because this is a guy on his way to the grave..............and fast. Perhaps seeing this HoF stuff with him missing it has drove him down the wrong road again. Perhaps someone like HBK could be a saving grace here, with him been through something similar and become a changed man.

Its so sad that of my favourites of all time most of them are dead (Owen, Hennig, Benoit, Pillman) with Hall possibly joining them.

Jericho better come back or Bret better get his boots laced up again

Jericho better come back or Bret better get his boots laced up again

That's a no-go, unfortunately. Lloyds of London had strong words with him after his last run in WWE, and that was without him Wrestling. Think they threatened him with legal action over the large insurance payout they awarded him upon retirement from in-ring competition.

I'd expect Jericho back before the year is out though. At least I'm hoping. :)

Edited by djchapsticks

That's a no-go, unfortunately. Lloyds of London had strong words with him after his last run in WWE, and that was without him Wrestling. Think they threatened him with legal action over the large insurance payout they awarded him upon retirement from in-ring competition.

I'd expect Jericho back before the year is out though. At least I'm hoping. :)

I know about Brets situation. It just shows my sheer desperation for someone i like to still be in the buisness. I just cant attach myself much to anyone on the current roster, i do like a few but would struggle to pick a favourite.

Scott Hall has been given many chances by the WWE and he hasn't cleaned himself up, it may sound harsh yet he's only got himself to blame as he's not taken advantage of the help he's been offered.

Yes, it's not nice to see what he's become and to be honest i don't think anyone can help him now, he looks like he's at the point of no return.

Just finally catching up on the week going on and the situation with Scott Hall really is sad. Surely it is time fir someone to intervene, although there is only so much you can do. People either want to get clean or they don't, Hall ha been given so many chances that he clearly doesn't want to get clean. It's tragic to watch things unfold like this before your very eyes.

On a side note:

Wrestling Observer editor Dave Meltzer has corroborated our earlier report of members of the WWE women's locker room being upset with Trish Stratus, as well as Nicole "Snooki" Polizzi.

He says that several WWE Divas weren't happy with the originally planned multi-women's tag team match being nixed from WrestleMania XXVII, leaving a scant few to participate in skits, and only Lay-Cool competing. This led to heat on Stratus and Polizzi as some girls felt they "took their spots" because unlike them, they're on the road all year long.

The originally planned multi-women's tag team match was actually cut due to timing constraints, not due to Stratus and Polizzi's involvement with the pay-per-view event. Kelly Kelly, however, can attest to being "victimized" by Stratus and Polizzi since she was originally penciled in for the mixed tag team match. She concurred with Nikki Bella stating on Twitter that Snooki learned something from the Jacksonville native for her WrestleMania match, writing, "Heck ya pic tell em!!!"

Stratus appeared on Sirius XM Radio's Busted Open yesterday and politely buried John Morrison for his decision making as she indicated that he wasn't smart. She confirmed online reports that he wasn't interested in listening to her suggestions for the match, and that when she went to hug him, he gave her the cold shoulder.

Some people within WWE are attributing Morrison's unprofessional behavior to Melina, since she is his girlfriend and was left off WrestleMania XXVII. The backstage belief is that he either holds Stratus in contempt for taking Melina's spot on the card, or had to portray himself as such so that she would believe he was mean to her. Melina is one of the women's wrestlers upset with Stratus and Polizzi for "taking their spots."

Surely even the Divas realise that nobody gives a f**k if they make the card or not.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, WWE needs to release all of its women and replace them with halfway decent female workers. I'd say Gail Kim is the only regular worker who has even a modicum of talent.