The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

I think that Vince is 'creating' a new brand of wrestling to rival the wwe and him and punk are actually working together and will start recruiting independant wrestlers to give them a chance on a bigger platform. The storyline will be that the two brands will be rivals but in reality Vince will own both 8)

I think that Vince is 'creating' a new brand of wrestling to rival the wwe and him and punk are actually working together and will start recruiting independant wrestlers to give them a chance on a bigger platform.

I hope not. CM Punk has a chance of becoming a star and doesn't need to be dragged down by indy darlings. He needs to be on proper WWE TV against the big names.

I hope not. CM Punk has a chance of becoming a star and doesn't need to be dragged down by indy darlings. He needs to be on proper WWE TV against the big names.

Was just going to say that. near enough word for word. Keep using the internet to keep his momentum going but keep the likes of Colt Cabana and Luke Gallows away.

Was just going to say that. near enough word for word. Keep using the internet to keep his momentum going but keep the likes of Colt Cabana and Luke Gallows away.

Boo! Cabana's quality <_<

Was there not some rumblings somewhere a bit back that WWE have been instructed by the Vin Man himself to create more 'reality' based storylines and to use all social medias to advance storylines?

I love the way this is going. It's something totally new. It really is amazing to be a wrestling fan right now. Hopefully this means the beginning of the end of the GP era and the re=birth of edgier stuff. CM Punk in WWE similar to attitude (although not as attitude will never be replicated.) would be amazing....for me it's on it's way to being the best wrestling in the last 10 years.

Everyone is on Facebook/Twitter/Youtube these day, so why not use it to your advantage.

wrestling seems culturally modern for the first time in years.

Sums it up perfectly, it;s the first time in years I;ve actively looked for stuff. The viral story telluing is a great move, i just hope they have the stones to keep it going.

Anyone reckon Punk will show up on RAW tonight? I have a feeling that he will to show everyone thathe is the "REAL" worlds champion.

i think Punk's appearance on wwe tv should be almsot entirely viral until the hit Chicago again, and he does the ringside seat thing.

Although, i like the idea of him ruining the title match.

i think Punk's appearance on wwe tv should be almsot entirely viral until the hit Chicago again, and he does the ringside seat thing.

Although, i like the idea of him ruining the title match.

There are no televised WWE events in Chicago until Decmber though. RAW comes back to to Allstate Arena on Boxing Day I think it is, I read it a few days ago. Five months is a long time to keep fans interested without being on TV.

There are no televised WWE events in Chicago until Decmber though. RAW comes back to to Allstate Arena on Boxing Day I think it is, I read it a few days ago. Five months is a long time to keep fans interested without being on TV.

he can be on TV, just not "on TV"

I'd have Punk establish a channel on youtube or some such, and have a weekly thing - crash an event, cut a promo, whatever, which would then be broadcast on raw, much to the annoyance of HHH.

Like I said, it woul be really ballsy to have the title off TV that length of time, but it would give the WHC a shot in the arm

he can be on TV, just not "on TV"

I'd have Punk establish a channel on youtube or some such, and have a weekly thing - crash an event, cut a promo, whatever, which would then be broadcast on raw, much to the annoyance of HHH.

Like I said, it woul be really ballsy to have the title off TV that length of time, but it would give the WHC a shot in the arm

Can't see it. The WWE Title=money. It will be back on TV soon whether that be on Punk or the winner of tonight. After Punks indy appearance at the weekend, maybe the rumours of an alliance with ROH are true. I mean alot of people within both companies had their suspisions and 9 time out of 10 there is no smoke without fire.

Can't see it.

Yeah, i know

The WWE Title=money.

That's not necessarily the case, the WHC was booked as the number 1 tite in the company for a period, and it could be for the next few months. the trick was missed last week, a smug Christian should have come out on raw and cut a promo about being the top dog in wwe now.

That's not necessarily the case, the WHC was booked as the number 1 tite in the company for a period, and it could be for the next few months. the trick was missed last week, a smug Christian should have come out on raw and cut a promo about being the top dog in wwe now.

Aye that's all fin and well when you have a credible WHC like HHH.

Aye that's all fin and well when you have a credible WHC like HHH.

If somethings booked credibly, it'll be credible.

Randy Orton -Christian could be a proper main event feud for the WWE right now, as in a show closing feud.

If somethings booked credibly, it'll be credible.

Randy Orton -Christian could be a proper main event feud for the WWE right now, as in a show closing feud.

Christian isn't a "proper" main eventer though. You get the feeling he is being used because well, there is nobody else to fill that spot just now.

Christian isn't a "proper" main eventer though. You get the feeling he is being used because well, there is nobody else to fill that spot just now.

I appreciate that, but that's not the point i was making.

And in any case, if Summerslam was to close with Orton beating himn for the belt it;s a moot point.