The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

Some people seem to think it it the late 80's with their nonsense about wrestlers not being big or muscular enough to be a credible champion. Using that logic Bret Hart or Shawn Michaels should never have held championships in the era of Yokozuna, Diesel, Sid, Luger etc.

Guys like Miz, Christian, Punk, Mysterio, Jericho and Ziggler have been part of the best matches and angles in recent years despite none of them fitting the typical mould of a WWE 'big man' and I have no issue whatsoever with any of them being former world champs and being pushed to the top of the card.

Thankfully the era of Wellness has largely put an end to the era of smaller wrestlers having to roid up to get noticed. Towards the end of their lives Eddie Guerrero and Benoit had barely recognisable physiques and there is little doubt that they wouldn't have reveived their pushes in 2004 if they hadn't bulked up.

Christian is just as credible as the Miz. Shuggie, do you believe him to be credible?

Naw, Christian looks like a mid carder, acts like a mid carder, talks like a mid carder. The only thing that's not mid card is his actual wresling ability. He is not a "proper" main eventer. Miz looks like a main eventer. But apart from that everything about him bores me. Miz clearly isn't hence why he has ben pumped back into the upper mid card.

Did you hear the reaction he got at MITB? Keep him as a hard case as he is the now and turn him face and you've got a star there.

I'm more pointing to the fact that SD is really lacking in creible main event heels. After Christian who is there? Now with Sheamus face turn they've narowed it down yet again.

Some people seem to think it it the late 80's with their nonsense about wrestlers not being big or muscular enough to be a credible champion. Using that logic Bret Hart or Shawn Michaels should never have held championships in the era of Yokozuna, Diesel, Sid, Luger etc.

Guys like Miz, Christian, Punk, Mysterio, Jericho and Ziggler have been part of the best matches and angles in recent years despite none of them fitting the typical mould of a WWE 'big man' and I have no issue whatsoever with any of them being former world champs and being pushed to the top of the card.

Thankfully the era of Wellness has largely put an end to the era of smaller wrestlers having to roid up to get noticed. Towards the end of their lives Eddie Guerrero and Benoit had barely recognisable physiques and there is little doubt that they wouldn't have reveived their pushes in 2004 if they hadn't bulked up.

For me, muscle mass has f**k all to do with it. It's purely about their look. Miz, Punk, Jericho and Ziggler look like main eventers. Christian doesn't, simple as that.

Is the plan not for Cena vs Del Rio at SummerSlam?

Don't think that will happen since Cena isn't the champion and Del Rio still hasn't cashed in yet.

Cena still has a rematch clause, so he'll no doubt get a title shot.

You could always have Del Rio cash in after the match.