The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

I meant the AJ/Kazarian vs Joe/Magnus tag team. The ending to that is just shit.

Oh yeah, what's more disappointing is that the match up until then had been pretty decent. Samoa Joe and AJ Styles really could have been so much more elsewhere. I understand Styles was pretty big there at one point but for both of them this is the peak of their career Joe is 32 and Styles is 34 and both of them have very, very little to show for there time at TNA. Look at it this way, compared to contemporaries CM Punk and Bryan Danielson, they're older and severely lagging behind on pretty much all fronts. Low Ki is probably the other one that should have done better but that's kind of beside the point just now.

Oh yeah, what's more disappointing is that the match up until then had been pretty decent. Samoa Joe and AJ Styles really could have been so much more elsewhere. I understand Styles was pretty big there at one point but for both of them this is the peak of their career Joe is 32 and Styles is 34 and both of them have very, very little to show for there time at TNA. Look at it this way, compared to contemporaries CM Punk and Bryan Danielson, they're older and severely lagging behind on pretty much all fronts. Low Ki is probably the other one that should have done better but that's kind of beside the point just now.

Yeah, AJ had a tryout for WWE. I watched his match on, what I think was, Heat. It was good as well. They've won plenty of titles in TNA and in other companies. Just because they didn't win anything in WWE doesn't make them a failure. I wouldn't say they're lagging behind them on all fronts, maybe Punk, but won cut a better promo than Danielson. I love Low Ki, was gutted with how he was used in WWE. Why he never got signed but Zema Ion did in TNA, I'll never know, I'd hope that he couldn't commit long term as if that was TNA's decision then they go from bad to worse.

Speaking of which, Zema Ion is a fucking weirdo. What's with his character? He's coming out wearing eye liner and shit, didn't they learn their lesson with Orlando Jordan? blink.gif

Yeah, AJ had a tryout for WWE. I watched his match on, what I think was, Heat. It was good as well. They've won plenty of titles in TNA and in other companies. Just because they didn't win anything in WWE doesn't make them a failure. I wouldn't say they're lagging behind them on all fronts, maybe Punk, but won cut a better promo than Danielson. I love Low Ki, was gutted with how he was used in WWE. Why he never got signed but Zema Ion did in TNA, I'll never know, I'd hope that he couldn't commit long term as if that was TNA's decision then they go from bad to worse.

Speaking of which, Zema Ion is a fucking weirdo. What's with his character? He's coming out wearing eye liner and shit, didn't they learn their lesson with Orlando Jordan? blink.gif

It's what the title is that counts though is what I'm getting at. If WWE is the top of your profession then winning a big belt there (should) make you a success. Right now I'd say that Joe and Styles have had commendable careers. Punk, and I'd hope Bryan will eventually get there, have had exemplary careers so far. Styles and Joe have been unfortunate in the way that the build up to their peaks have played out, due to Hogan etc. going to TNA.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnsELUdcnaM

Not new, he released it months ago and I'm pretty sure I posted it on here but this is my favourite Warrior rant. EVER!

My favourite bit about that video is that at around 18 minutes he says "So to wrap this thing up", or something along those lines, and then continues speaking about Hogan for over half an hour. Also, his laugh brings out "vintage" Warrior with the grunt.

If we're going for wrestlers in cameo tv positions, you can't go wrong with Hogan and Savage in Baywatch....

Brilliant find! The acting is utterly superb by Macho Man and the Hulkster there! Also why did it take for Hogan to open his eyes after getting CPR for them to see who he was?!

Wasn't horrible. Wasn't great. Thumbs in the middle. Abyss had his best match in ages with Bully Ray though. Really worth checking out.

Not bothered with TNA for months usually as MOS is on when Impact is on UK tv.

Got a loan of the rr anthology, on 2003 at the min, the Al Wilson storyline has got to be one of worst ever. Just about to watch Steiner - HHH, they have built Steiner up well as an unconventional face but I'm sure he'll get buried here, can't remember results.

http://www.sporcle.com/games/RKOLEGACY0/wrestlers-with-the-most-wwe-ppv-matches

20 Minute quiz. Wrestlers with most WWF/WWE PPV match appearances to their name.

Male and female accepted.

There's 300 to get in just 20 minutes, so a tip, go with surnames rather than full names when you can.

I got 186/300, was a real struggle with the clock and memory overflows, though.

http://www.sporcle.c. ..wwe-ppv-matches

20 Minute quiz. Wrestlers with most WWF/WWE PPV match appearances to their name.

There's 300 to get in just 20 minutes, so a tip, go with surnames rather than full names when you can.

I missed alot of really obvious ones, Randy Orton being the highest one. Missed guys like Batista, Eddie Guerrero, Benoit. For some reason I couldn't spell Marty Jannetty.

Edited by ginge123

http://www.sporcle.com/games/RKOLEGACY0/wrestlers-with-the-most-wwe-ppv-matches

171 - when you see all the answers you missed you kick yourself. It turns into pretty much naming any wrestler you can

Missed some really obvious ones :(

Kurt Angle, Billy Gunn, Test, Hollys, Booker T, Swagger, Val Venis etc