The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

Has it not occurred to anyone that there is every chance the WWE is exaggerating his injury, and he will be a 'shock' entrant in the Rumble ala Edge a few years back. That's certainly my thoughts on that.

PS I'm about to watch Smackdown, I hope the funkasaurus is on it. :)

Ezekiel Jackson looks weird with a full head of hair.

I still love Santino Marella.

Michael Cole is and always will be a c**t.

Strange way of giving McIntyre a push ... a loss to Di Biase.

Sheamus is wasted feuding with that tool. He's shit.

David Otunga should not be in the ring. Or in WWE at all.

T-Lo's got some funk. Thanks for coming Tyson Kidd. Quickest match ever. :lol:

Is this Aksana shit going anywhere?

Natalya's on a fair come down from where she was a few weeks ago.

Barrett is awesome.

AJ didn't half sell that - didn't move an inch!

Daniel Bryan telling Big Show "you are a b*****d" was simple yet brilliant.

I love ROH fans, watching Manhattan Mayhem IV and the chants of "You suck dick", "Shut the f**k up!" and "This is gay" during Truth Martini's promo was just class. Martini himself could hardly keep it together.

Regarding the Rumble chat, this has no real substance to it and is just off the top of my head BUUUUT if Orton's injury is legitamately serious, and he can't take part in the Rumble - and therefore win it, I could see The Big Show winning it, and going on to be Bryan (or whoever is the champion) at WM. The reasoning behnd this would obivously be to "avenge" Bryan cashing in the MITB. Running up to it you would obviously build it up as a kind of 'fairytale' chance for Big Show to get back at Bryan and have his first real go at being champion in 9 years. It could in theory work whatever way they decide to book Bryan, if he's champion. If he's gained some credibility through beating some big guys, then obviously it would ask the question 'Can Big Show beat Bryan?' or if they book Bryan as a chickenshit heel then the question is 'How is Bryan going to cheat to win?'

If it's scenario A then Big Show comes out looking stronger than the guys that Bryan has beaten, Bryan still comes out looking good because he's a little guy that's beaten some big guys. If it's scenario B then Big Show comes across as a great face that's standing up to a cheating heel, Bryan doesn't come out of it that great unless they manage to have a good match, which I doubt they would however.

Has it not occurred to anyone that there is every chance the WWE is exaggerating his injury, and he will be a 'shock' entrant in the Rumble ala Edge a few years back. That's certainly my thoughts on that.

Hadn't even considered it.

Haven't watched Smackdown yet but if Barrett is still going on about how he ended Orton's career like he was on Monday then it'll look pretty shit for Orton to come back a couple weeks later.

Hadn't even considered it.

Haven't watched Smackdown yet but if Barrett is still going on about how he ended Orton's career like he was on Monday then it'll look pretty shit for Orton to come back a couple weeks later.

They'll probably have Barrett clear the ring and have him fanny about in the middle of the ring playing to the crowd before Orton comes out. Much like Bret Hart on Autin in 1997(?).

Anyone who's thinking of going to ICW, tickets look like they'll sellout before the show. 52 tickets are left for the show and the last 80 Ticket Scotland got sold quite quick. I wouldn't be surprised if the show sold out this weekend. Incidentally, it's looking to be the first show in Scottish wrestling to sellout before the show.

Anyone who's thinking of going to ICW, tickets look like they'll sellout before the show. 52 tickets are left for the show and the last 80 Ticket Scotland got sold quite quick. I wouldn't be surprised if the show sold out this weekend. Incidentally, it's looking to be the first show in Scottish wrestling to sellout before the show.

When/where is it?

I really wanted to go to that last one but the whole Sunday night train situation is what put me off.

It's a Sunday night again unfortunately. Next Sunday at the Classic Grand. 7.30 start time supossedly. Only five matches on the card this time, but one of them is a rumble, so could go on a while.

Can't blame you at all. I always try and make alternative plans before I head up. This time, I've kept ridiculous money aside for a taxi as I can't be arsed staying in Glasgow. Dedication!

It's a Sunday night again unfortunately. Next Sunday at the Classic Grand. 7.30 start time supossedly. Only five matches on the card this time, but one of them is a rumble, so could go on a while.

Can't blame you at all. I always try and make alternative plans before I head up. This time, I've kept ridiculous money aside for a taxi as I can't be arsed staying in Glasgow. Dedication!

You just reminded me, Mick Foleys stand up tour had announced a Glasgow date. Originally there were no plans to come back to Glasgow but a date was announced the other day. The gig is the 23rd February which is a Thursday. It's at the Classic Grand right outside Central. Tickets go on sale on Monday morning. I went when he toured in n November and I highly recommend him. Very funny guy who blends in plenty of good old funny wrestling stories.

The Barrett segment was superb. Particularly the last bit -

'Thank you tremendously for your time, and God save the Queen.' Random as fuck, I was pissing myself when he said it.