The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

When he first came in, he was boring as f**k, so they pushed him in a way that better choices would have looked amazing in. He looked shite. These days, after constant plying his trade on Superstars, he has looked much better. His mic work is still ridiculous thanks to the "promo voice" he does. He certainly has some character about him though. If he got the same push now as he got then, he'd make a much better go at it.

he probley would. Just when you look at guys like Santino getting a bigger push than him. funny as hell but his wrestling skills aint so good

he probley would. Just when you look at guys like Santino getting a bigger push than him. funny as hell but his wrestling skills aint so good

Do not diss Santino Marella. Ever. He's fantastic.

"Just some of the topics Russo will be covering in this no-holds-barred presentation:

· Where to get your start in writing for a professional wrestling organization.

· How to use the experience you’ve built to get in the door of one of the major companies

· How to create larger-than-life personas and personalities

· Writing effective dialogue for specific characters

· How to format a wrestling show

· How to generate new ideas 52-weeks out of the year

· How to present and sell your idea to a talent

· How to create a successful working environment between talent and writer

· Dealing with egos

· Overcoming writer’s block

· Avoiding the pitfalls of politics

· How to generate ratings

· The difference between “writing” a show and “booking” a show"

Really? Vince Russo?!

Right, going to cover the iPPV cards for the weekend of Wrestlemania. Dragon Gate USA are doing shows on the Friday and Saturday. The cards...

First Time Ever Dream Match: Low Ki vs. PAC

Open the United Gate Championship: CIMA and Ricochet © vs. Chuck Taylor and Rich Swann

Masaaki Mochizuki vs. Akira Tozawa

Street Fight: Sabu and Jon Davis vs. Arik Cannon and Pinkie Sanchez

Sami Callihan vs. BxB Hulk

AR Fox vs. Uhaa Nation

CIMA, Ricochet and Masaaki Mochizuki vs. Low Ki, Akira Tozawa and BxB Hulk

Open the Freedom Gate Championship: Johnny Gargano © vs. Masato Yoshino

Street Fight: Sabu vs. Sami Callihan

ROH are doing shows on the same days...

ROH Championship: Davey Richards © vs. Roderick Strong vs. Eddie Edwards

ROH Tag Team Championships: The Briscoes © vs. TMDK ( Mikey Nicholls and Shane Haste )

El Generico vs. Kevin Steen

Lance Storm vs. Mike Bennett

Street Fight: The Young Bucks vs. The All Night Express

Eddie Edwards vs. Kevin Steen

Davey Richards vs. Michael Elgin

Roderick Strong vs. Jay Lethal

ROH Tag Team Championships: The Briscoes © vs. The World's Greatest Tag Team ( if Briscoes retain )

Tornado Tag Team Match: The Young Bucks vs. The All Night Express

what is going on with Drew Mcintyre these days losing week after week on smackdown i remember when he first came to wwe he was undefeated for ages

What's up, Sol? :)

The card for ICW is ALMOST complete. I say almost because Johnny Moss still has something to be confirmed. I get the impression he was SUPPOSED to face Wolfgang before Zack Sabre Jr. came off the card.

ICW Championship

BT Gunn © vs. Wolfgang

ICW Zero G Championship

Noam Dar © vs. Andy Wild

ICW Deathmatch

Jack Jester and Chris Renfrew vs. Jimmy Havoc and Iceman

Three Way Dance

Joe and Mark Coffey vs. The Bucky Boys ( Davey Blaze and Steven Xavier ) vs,. STI ( Dicky Divers and William Grange )

James Scott vs. Sean South

Red Lightning vs. Rob Cage

Liam Thomson vs. Lionheart

Kid Fite vs. Mikey Whiplash

I must be one of the few that finds him mega dull in the ring. I cant get into his matches at all for some reason.

I'm the same, can't stand him. Glad he's on Smackdown because I miss it more often than not(not through any reason other than the fact it's on Fridays). I also hate that fucking ddt from the middle rope, the setups are always so forced.

To be fair to Orton he has been the most consistant worker over the past year. However, I find him tedious, dull and boring as f**k on the mic, but in terms of matches he is at very least in the top 2 in WWE. He maybe hasn't had match of the year, but his matches are very good and he can do it regularly. Shame he just seems like a complete drip.

The ICW lineup for tonight has been confirmed. With the Square Go match out of the way, we go from tedium to the awesomeness that was the Garage show. Two matches tonight.

Red Lightning vs. Johnny Moss: Mossy has now opened his last two shows. Which is a long way away from the title match he had before that. This is a good typical Mossy opener with his opponent getting ragdolled and the fans were up for it.

The Bucky Boys and Chris Renfrew vs. Dicky Divers and The Coffeys: On the night, this was an absolute blinder of a match. The fans were hot as hell. The Coffeys are built like absolute shithouses and it introduced a new side to the STI/Buckys fued.

It's a good way to get us into this show, but the best of that show is yet to come.