The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

To be fair to Orton he has been the most consistant worker over the past year. However, I find him tedious, dull and boring as f**k on the mic, but in terms of matches he is at very least in the top 2 in WWE. He maybe hasn't had match of the year, but his matches are very good and he can do it regularly. Shame he just seems like a complete drip.

You think he's better than Punk or Bryan in the ring?

You think he's better than Punk or Bryan in the ring?

If we're talking strictly the last year or so, then yes. Punk had the best match of 2011. But for me, Orton had consistantly better matches but if there was a top 2 then Punk and Orton are it for me. Over the past year Orton has definetly had better matches than Bryan.

If we're talking strictly the last year or so, then yes. Punk had the best match of 2011. But for me, Orton had consistantly better matches but if there was a top 2 then Punk and Orton are it for me. Over the past year Orton has definetly had better matches than Bryan.

Spot on.

The Orton/Christian PPV matches were as good as any series of PPV matches since Rock/HHH in 2000.

Over the past year Orton has definetly had better matches than Bryan.

Better matches doesn't mean he's better. It could be that Orton has had better to work with than Bryan. Bryan was booked horribly before he won the title.

Yeah, GTG, I'm not sure you know what vintage means tongue.gif I dunno if I just notice it more in Orton but his moveset seems really limited. I can't stand his gimmick though, viper and the hearing voices thing, both just do my tits in. And his intimidating stare while he's standing there in full tan and y-fronts. Nope, I'm not buying it.

Better matches doesn't mean he's better. It could be that Orton has had better to work with than Bryan. Bryan was booked horribly before he won the title.

I was of the assumption we were discussing who we think of the better workers are. If so, then I don't understand how Orton having better matches doesn't mean he's been better. He has had better matches, so surely he has be a more consistent in-ring performer?

I was of the assumption we were discussing who we think of the better workers are. If so, then I don't understand how Orton having better matches doesn't mean he's been better. He has had better matches, so surely he has be a more consistent in-ring performer?

Well Marshmallo's original comment said he was one of the best in every aspect, so I guess the specific criteria has changed a bit between person to person.

I wouldn't say so. If we just comparing Orton and Bryan then Orton has had feuds with Christian, Barrett, Henry in the past, what like, six months, who are all great workers themselves. Bryan has had Big Show, Henry and who else? I'm actually struggling to remember who he was feuding with before he cashed in his MITB. Obviously it's easier to have consistantly great matches when you're in the main event and involved in the title picture. And yeah, it does require two good workers to make a match great(or it's certainly easier) so Orton does deserve credit but good matches does not equal a good wrestler, IMO.

Just watching Superstars and another great wee match on it between Justin Gabriel and Hunico. Been impressed with Gabriel over the last couple of months, vastly improved and in a longer match it works well for him.

Have to say Superstars has become a must watch for me, there tends to only be about 3 matches but they each get a decent amount of time which they wouln't get on one of the main shows. There isn't really any mic work etc but the matches tend to be quite good, much more enjoyable then a whole bunch of squash matches on Smackdown

Another very entertaining episode of Superstars on Sky 1 this morning. Truth and Kofi vs Reks and Hawkins was a very decent tag match. It's a shame that proper tag team wrestling is barely ever featured on Raw and Smackdown.

Hunico and Justin Gabriel had a good match as well.

*edit*

Gordon beat me to it!

Edited by Sherrif John Bunnell

I'd rather watch David Otunga.

David Otunga's brilliant just now I feel.

What is going on with this thread? laugh.gif

I can't stand Otunga. He does get heat very well but his posing and such is just annoying, this isn't a body building contest, leave the oil at home.

What is going on with this thread? laugh.gif

I can't stand Otunga. He does get heat very well but his posing and such is just annoying, this isn't a body building contest, leave the oil at home.

He's got a fantastic physique and I think he's doing very well in his role as a lawyer. Perfect midcard fodder. Johnny Ace is bringing the best out of him right now.