The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

Thank f**k for The Shield and Barrett. That part of the tour looks really bad, to be honest.

Apparently the cage match was really good, which surprises me because we all know how bad Reigns is, and Orton is a slow worker and doesn't really suit Reigns.

Actually really enjoyed ma'sel. Was buzzing when Orton appeared first off, as much as I hate him on the main events it was great to see him in the flesh, offering Reigns out for a fight then the face off between the shield n rybaxle was great. Report more tomorrow. Most enjoyable.

John Cena says 'U Can't C Me' to all the wains wearing his merch tonight.

He's in Italy getting booed by WWE's Italian fans.

And all the adults too, like me.

Overall, the show was pretty solid with good star quality. Those who did promos (Orton, Colter, Barrett) played it for laughs a bit which was alright. Big Show was probably a stand in for Daniel Bryan against Kane. They had a fun match though Big Show was totally gassed a few minutes in. Seeing a cage match was interesting. The Shield were the stars of the night and even made their entrances through the crowd. I may do a more detailed review when I get time.

Sounded alright.

Any word on if they plan on making the next Hydro shows a TV Taping? They sometimes announce that at the current show.

The tapings in November are in Liverpool again. I imagine they'll be having a couple of shows there first and once they see the venue will have one there possibly next year. I'll almost be disappointed though. It's turned into an annual road trip for me an a couple of pals heading down to wherever raw is.

it looked like both him and Orton were bleeding at one point.

Also the blonde bird got a hefty nose bleed.

It was my first wwe experience and I fucking loved it. Got the hospitality package where you could eat and bevy while looking over the arena.

Loved hearing Ortons music, the big shows tune and seeing Kane thank f**k he'd changed back as the Corporate version was pish. Was worried that it might be too tame compared to ICW but it was just as enjoyable, and there was some right good patter even though there were loads of kids. Ended up pretty steamboats being able to beer at an event is so refreshing compared to going to a football match where your not trusted to have a beer.

Would definitely go again, thought the hydro was a great arena.

Thought it was funny that they said about Bryan not being there so if you go to the box office now you'll get you money back, don't think anyone left. Was gutted there was no wyatt appearing would have loved for the light flicker, even when their tune was played briefly at the interval it spooked the place. Loved it, will do again.

He's fucking awful in the ring. And on the mic.

Both quite patently bullshit.

I can see how he's maybe the weakest of The Shield on the mic but not awful by a long shot. That promo a couple of Raws before Extreme Rules where he did the "Here's what's going to happen when I drop this mic" line on Evolution was excellent and bad ass as f**k!

Reigns isn't great on the mic, but he's improved massively in the past six months or so. Considering it was all Ambrose and Rollins with Reigns just saying "believe that/in the Shield" before but now he does that but has actual lines now. He delivers them well enough.

He's good in the ring though, I probably prefer him least out of the Shield but that's not exactly a criticism since Rollins is fantastic and I love Ambrose. He's got his big impact moves and he hits them well enough every time (I don't really like the spear though, just as a move). He's adding more though, that jumping boot he does on the apron is fantastic!

Both quite patently bullshit.

I can see how he's maybe the weakest of The Shield on the mic but not awful by a long shot. That promo a couple of Raws before Extreme Rules where he did the "Here's what's going to happen when I drop this mic" line on Evolution was excellent and bad ass as f**k!

Really?

Anyway, I wouldn't have as big of a problem as I do with him if he wasn't being forced down our throats. He already holds the record at Survivor Series AND the Royal Rumble. He beat CM Punk clean while Rollins and Ambrose both lost clean to him in the previous weeks. He always gets the final word in their promos they do. Normally a few words followed by "BELIEVE IN THE SHIELD!". He didn't even do that last Monday. They made him say "BELIEVE IN ME!". Its Evolution versus Roman Reigns and two others.

Dirtsheets are saying it'll be an Elimination Match at Payback. I'll wager a bet it'll be 3-1 with the one being Reigns, which he'll either be made to look strong as f**k pinning two of them before he's pinned after a distraction, or, he'll do it by himself and win the thing.

When I say he's "awful" at these things, I mean relative to the push he is getting. I really don't think he's good in the ring at all, though. He gets gassed way too early, and doesn't really know how to work a match. Punk and Bryan got a decent match at best out of him.

He's getting a massive push based on him being a pretty boy and its fucking outrageous.

Edited by Waffelz

I think Reigns is the least talented out of the three (That's not a slight, I just think Ambrose is much better on the mic and Rollins is a superior wrestler but all three are great talents) but he'll go the furthest due to Vince liking his 'look' the most.

Rollins is the man. Absolutely atrocious on the mic when he started out, but he's very good nowadays. They need to give Ambrose the most speaking time, though, since y'ano, he's fucking amazing.

Seth Rollins also needs to be a face when they split up. He'll get to use more of his moveset that way, and he'll play the sympathetic face brilliantly. Ambrose can be a heel and use the exact character he was doing in FCW.