The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

I watched Summerslam 97 last night. A brilliant event. Not a bad match on the card, all the macthes had a reason for happening, storylines were advanced and the crowd was up for it. This is exactly what PPVs should be. How could they get it so right then but get it so, so wrong these days?

The only reason it's not an exceptional PPV is that, whilst all the matches are good (and two are very good, those being the IC title and the WWF title macthes), none are exceptional. A small moan. The finish to the Stone Cold/Owen Hart match was pish as well, but that's because Stone Cold was nearly paralyzed, so that's understandable to say the least.

Yeah, I'd say that's a pretty good reason. :lol:

I'm going to start watching a few Rumble matches over the next couple of weeks to get me in the mood for the PPV. Think I'll start with the 1998 Rumble as that has the added bonus of Taker/HBK.

I watched Summerslam 97 last night. A brilliant event. Not a bad match on the card, all the macthes had a reason for happening, storylines were advanced and the crowd was up for it. This is exactly what PPVs should be. How could they get it so right then but get it so, so wrong these days?

The only reason it's not an exceptional PPV is that, whilst all the matches are good (and two are very good, those being the IC title and the WWF title macthes), none are exceptional. A small moan. The finish to the Stone Cold/Owen Hart match was pish as well, but that's because Stone Cold was nearly paralyzed, so that's understandable to say the least.

I thought the end to that was hilarious (apart from the near parlysis), Owen's face is just 'OH SHIT' then he gets up, sneers and starts giving it the 'NOW HE'S GONNA KISS MY ASS' to the crowd. I'm pretty sure he did the same move to flash funk the next night/week! Talk about deadly.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My favourite Viscera moment was in a hardcore match think between the acolytes and mideon & Vis, Bradshaw had Mideon between his legs about to powerbomb him through a table or something, and Vis was supposed to run in and break it up, but he fell a dull yin as he rushed towards bradshaw and took ages to get up and break it up. comedy gold. RIP big man.