The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

Absolutely gutted about this. Even though he was effectively retired when I started watching wrestling he was still one of my favourites.

Favourite ever promo was before his match at Wrestlemania VI against Bad News Brown, he'd painted one side of his body black and referred to it as the Hot Scot whilst the non-painted side was the Hot Rod.

Definitely wasn't expecting this :(

Barely even watch Wrestling these days, but genuinely gutted to hear about this. Seemed to be pretty healthy compared to most of the 80's - early 90's guys and still pretty young at 61. Not that a fake prop belt matters in the grand scheme of things, but it's a shame that Roddy never held one yet complete jobbers like Jack Swagger and The Miz have.

Edited by Miguel Simao

Wow. Unexpected. I know he had his problems with drugs and that back in the day, and wrestlers don't have the longest life expectancy anyways - but he seemed a bit more healthy than most wrestlers his age. Not one to jump on the RIP kind of bandwagon usually, but it's always upsetting when a guy from your childhood goes. Only 61 as well.

Another true wrestling legend gone. His match with Bret Hart is probably one of the best examples of in ring story telling there is.

Incidentally, I remember watching a match in Largs. Darkside was involved against someone, and they completely lifted the ending of that match. Properly stole it. :lol:

Even when I found it he wasn't really Scottish, I still believed he was one of us.

:(

Always remember the following interview.

Q How Scottish are you?

RRP My family are from Glasgow.

Q What part?

RRP Dundee!!

Typical Piper - always able to make you laugh, intentionally or not.

His promo at Survivor Series when he was teamed with Superfly Snuka and the Bushwhackers and they were all stuffing their face with turkey was a classic :D

I remember that, was class. "We're wild we're bold we don't do what we're told" or some shit like that. Buahwhackers with turkey all over their face