The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

Guest bernardblack

Late to the party here, but just watched the XFL documentary.

Over 50 million people watching the first match!!!

12 hours ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

emoji23.png how did big nige manage not to burst out laughing.

I like his pause where you could almost see his brain working out how best to reply.

"A very rude word."

CCK are doing Dennistoun next week. I have the night off so I'll be heading along. Huge fan of them. Especially Kid Lykos who is a prize fanny.

On the subject of CCK, I've been watching the Fight Club PRO Dream Tag Team Invitational, and it's a stunning series of shows. They compiled a great roster for all three, which is great considering there was all sorts of shows going on that weekend. The Elite were the only ones who did less than all three shows.

Great UK scene guys like British Strong Style, Marty Scurll, Will Ospreay, Mark Andrews and the weekend stealing Travis Banks. Then there was the Lucha Bros, Jack Evans, Angelico, Sami Callihan, Lio Rush and Shane Strickland all over the weekend.

As the RevPro Summer Sizzler is effectively the first night of this 'tour' I'm hoping they pull in their usual impressive quota of names this year as we are (fingers crossed) likely to see them on the subsequent dates (its 4 straight nights starting with that)...nothing announced yet but Marty Scurll is solo on the poster this year.

I'm currently watching the November 1st 1999 Nitro.

Stunningly bad. Actually astonishingly bad. I've heard obviously about how shit Nitro was and read The Death of WCW, but the reality is something else.

There was a bit where The Filthy Animals were doing a backstage bit but they cut away too late so we saw everyone break character and heard the camera crew talking. That went out live at the time. Rey Mysterio was part of that group. Sans mask. He looked about 9 years old.

The episode is centred around a tournament for the WCW title. In one of the matches Disco Inferno was counted out because some guy came down to the ring so Disco jumped out to talk to him and they both just fucked off. The crowd very loudly shat all over that.

Madusa is in one of the tournament matches despite being eliminated on the previous episode (I know because they showed footage of it). Despite the tournament featuring loads of jobbers, Goldberg was eliminated in the first round.

Kevin Nash has had some dreadful prosthetics and shit wig. He's supposed to be mimicking Vince McMahon. It looks nothing like Vince despite the commentators saying it looked identical.

I'm about halfway through and Jeff Jarrett has just made about the 5th dick reference of the show (his line was 'I've got your apology right here').

Edited by DA Baracus

Good god. There's now a 'Shark cage key on a pole match' between Eddie Guererro and Perry Saturn. Torrie Wilson is in said cage. She was kidnapped by The Revolution (a stable of Perry Saturn, Dean Malenko, Shane Douglas and Asya). The Filthy Animals (Eddie, Konnan, Rey and Billy Kidman) are apparently Torrie's mates and want to free her.

Vince Russo wrote this.