The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

2 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Good god. There's now a 'Shark cage key on a pole match' between Eddie Guererro and Perry Saturn. Torrie Wilson is in said cage. She was kidnapped by The Revolution (a stable of Perry Saturn, Dean Malenko, Shane Douglas and Asya). The Filthy Animals (Eddie, Konnan, Rey and Billy Kidman) are apparently Torrie's mates and want to free her.

Vince Russo wrote this.

No shit. :lol:

:lol: The key was too high for Eddie to reach so Eddie tried to climb the pole, but kept sliding off cos he was too sweaty. In the end he to make a jump off the top rope to get it

:lol: The tag champs, Kidman and Konnan, were just in the ring (for the aforementioned Eddie/Saturn match). After the match, after a wee celebration, they went up the ramp, as you do after the match.

The next match? The tag champs Kidman and Konnan vs Sting and Luger. So Kidman and Konnan just went backstage only to then come right back out.

Should be noted that the crowd were absolutely dead for the entrances of all these guys. Pretty much no reaction at all.

Edited by DA Baracus

Lasted 60 seconds as the rest of the Filthy Animals ran in for the DQ.

Hall and Sid are then shown backstage talking over their match and the finish, in non kayfabe terms but in what is storyline kayfabe.

Jeff Jarrett vs Booker T is the next tournament match. It lasts 2 minutes before interference, which instead of resulting in a DQ for Jeff results in him pinning a prone Booker T.

A Goldberg interview is up next. They show 10 seconds of a part of it in error before cutting to the start of the interview and showing it in full, including the 10 seconds they initially showed.

Now we have Madusa vs Evan Karagias in the world title tournament. Madusa was wearing heels but took them off so is wrestling barefoot. It's a pretty creepy and weird 'match' with Madusa seducing her way to victory.

Next up is Malenko vs Benoit in a cage match in the world title tournament. Should be good.

It was decent, but lasted about 4 minutes. Perry Saturn tried to climb the cage but was knocked off when Benoit whipped Malenko in to the cage, causing Saturn to fall, but not before he threw in a chain. Benoit got the chain and hit Malenko with it. He then climbed to the top, but instead of then escaping, he did a flying headbutt from the cage. Mental c**t. Benoit gets the pin. The rest of The Revolution run in and batter Benoit before The Filthy Animals make the save. David Flair then comes in and batters everyone with a crowbar.

Show ends.

I am left stunned. What have I just watched? And why? Was it brilliantly abysmal, or abysmally brilliant? I urge you all to watch it.

Edited by DA Baracus

9 minutes ago, Randy Giles said:

I'm going to have to go back and watch this stuff. You're not the first person to fawn over it for the wrong reasons. I get the feeling I'd enjoy it immensely. Where's the place to start. I assume fall of 1999.

This one was from November 1st 1999. It's the first one I've watched. I'm going to have to go back and watch more.

On 2017-5-28 at 01:36, DA Baracus said:

This one was from November 1st 1999. It's the first one I've watched. I'm going to have to go back and watch more.

For bad Nitro episodes, I recommend September 25th 2000. Hilariously dreadful. Stickball bat v Kendo stick match, the Insane Clown Posse wrestling, numerous appearances from Stern's Wack Pack (including them judging a bikini contest), a shit ton of interferences and Vince Russo winning the WCW title. 

Edited to Add: The rest of it was just so good I forgot to add David Flair driving around town trying to find the father of Stacy Keibler's baby.

Edited by airdrieman

1 hour ago, airdrieman said:

For bad Nitro episodes, I recommend September 25th 2000. Hilariously dreadful. Stickball bat v Kendo stick match, the Insane Clown Posse wrestling, numerous appearances from Stern's Wack Pack (including them judging a bikini contest), a shit ton of interferences and Vince Russo winning the WCW title. 

I've been watching every Nitro in order since I got the network and have worked my way up to March 2000. By God it's horrific. Not even 'funny' bad, just plain awful.

1 hour ago, The Naitch said:

I've been watching every Nitro in order since I got the network and have worked my way up to March 2000. By God it's horrific. Not even 'funny' bad, just plain awful.

Totally. Even the potentially good matches are ruined by either lasting about 4 minutes at the most or by interferences or nonsensical booking.