The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

If Vince/McAfee actually happens like that, it's going to grimly fascinating.  McAfee looked great against Cole for a complete rookie, but then he was opposite someone who can really go.  Unless we're getting a match like Vince/Bret with Vince in the latter's role, then are they really trusting McAfee to carry someone who looks like he might need physically carried from room to room soon? 

The sensible money would be Austin Theory stepping in, which would be...fine.  Great stuff for McAfee to get a match at WM, but it's not exactly exciting.

1 hour ago, Bert Raccoon said:

I take it back, best theme is FTR

So 80s and totally makes sense in relation to FTR 

Horribly catchy. Gets stuck in your head all day. 😄

24 minutes ago, forameus said:

If Vince/McAfee actually happens like that, it's going to grimly fascinating.  McAfee looked great against Cole for a complete rookie, but then he was opposite someone who can really go.  Unless we're getting a match like Vince/Bret with Vince in the latter's role, then are they really trusting McAfee to carry someone who looks like he might need physically carried from room to room soon? 

The sensible money would be Austin Theory stepping in, which would be...fine.  Great stuff for McAfee to get a match at WM, but it's not exactly exciting.

Vince genuinely wants to die on tv eh?

Obviously not generally quite as 'box office' but there are quite a few tag teams that have still to go in aren't there. Do they usually just put one in per Class? They could always up that to pad the next few years out. Steiner Brothers, Demolition etc. 

Edited by Christophe

Undisputed Era theme is one of the all time best.
These lads could have been huge on the main roster. WWE didn't even try. Absolutely mental.
I don't actually know what Vince McMahon wants. I doubt anyone does, except Vince, and even he probably changes his roid addled concussed mad old brain multiple times a day.
If WWE want to make a star and get behind them, most of the time they will. Drew McIntyre is a prime example. But if they don't get behind someone, they won't be a big star. It's very simple stuff. If they got behind someone like Big E, for example, I bet he'd be a fucking huge star and have plenty of mainstream crossover, because the guy drips charisma and appeals to so many people and so many demographics.
But they wasted Big E. They don't want to make new stars.

Would’ve loved to see them against The Wyatt family or The Shield.

I see someone walking round Dundee occasionally with the ‘shock the system’ beanie on, it’s smart as f**k.

On 26/02/2022 at 23:40, TheGoon said:

Surely, surely Austin Theory or someone will be representing Vince…

If I was writing this shite I'd have Vince selecting Theory to represent him. In return, McAfee selects his own wrestler to represent him....Cody Rhodes.

With Vince and McAfee in each of their corners.

The fact Ziggler & Sheamus esq wrestlers are stick on HoF sums up where the business declined. I know they had some success and fair enough longevity but I just don't see them as worthy and there are plenty that fall under that kinda umbrella that will get in.

I concede this will be nostalgia talking but guys like Hardcore Holly, mabel/viscera (I await pelters) just feel much more worthy. In my opinion.

On 05/03/2022 at 07:29, Vimto90 said:

The fact Ziggler & Sheamus esq wrestlers are stick on HoF sums up where the business declined. I know they had some success and fair enough longevity but I just don't see them as worthy and there are plenty that fall under that kinda umbrella that will get in.

I concede this will be nostalgia talking but guys like Hardcore Holly, mabel/viscera (I await pelters) just feel much more worthy. In my opinion.

Not going to give you pelters but take the 2 names you mentioned. Your opinion of them seems a bit disrespectful on what they have achieved.  

Sheamus - 4 time World Champion, 3 time United States Champion, 5 time Tag Team Champion, King of the Ring winner, Money in the Bank winner, Royal Rumble Winner. I was never a fan of him till later years but I think he has become a solid in ring performer as do many others.  

Ziggler - 2 time World Champion, 6 time intercontinental champion, 2 time United States Champion, 4 time Tag Team Champion making him a Triple Crown Winner, he is a Money in the Bank Winner and a multiple award winner for his wrestling ability. Arguably under utilised throughout his career despite his achievements. 

I don’t get how that equates to “some success”? Like them or hate them these guys have had some amazing careers and to insinuate they don’t deserve a spot seems way off. 

Not going to give you pelters but take the 2 names you mentioned. Your opinion of them seems a bit disrespectful on what they have achieved.  

Sheamus - 4 time World Champion, 3 time United States Champion, 5 time Tag Team Champion, King of the Ring winner, Money in the Bank winner, Royal Rumble Winner. I was never a fan of him till later years but I think he has become a solid in ring performer as do many others.  

Ziggler - 2 time World Champion, 6 time intercontinental champion, 2 time United States Champion, 4 time Tag Team Champion making him a Triple Crown Winner, he is a Money in the Bank Winner and a multiple award winner for his wrestling ability. Arguably under utilised throughout his career despite his achievements. 
I don’t get how that equates to “some success”? Like them or hate them these guys have had some amazing careers and to insinuate they don’t deserve a spot seems way off. 
It's hard to sum up in words. I just feel they are not going to be memorable. They are great athletes no doubt, just to me feels like they are just on a conveyor belt of similar superstars that dilutes this era and has done for a while. I have maybe been harsh on Sheamus as he does have something about him but a ziggler for example. Have seen 20 zigglers before n will see 20 zigglers after him.

4 hours ago, Vimto90 said:
8 hours ago, diamond_for_life said:

It's hard to sum up in words. I just feel they are not going to be memorable. They are great athletes no doubt, just to me feels like they are just on a conveyor belt of similar superstars that dilutes this era and has done for a while. I have maybe been harsh on Sheamus as he does have something about him but a ziggler for example. Have seen 20 zigglers before n will see 20 zigglers after him.

I agree with your general point, but when you see some of the shite in the HoF, Sheamus and Ziggler should both be an absolute stick on with the careers they have had

They're both guaranteed for the Hall of Fame. You can see the video packages now.

Sheamus: The little kid from Ireland that dared to dream. From the indies-to development-to the Grandest Stage of Them All.

Dolph Ziggler: Childhood dream. Took up amateur wrestling so that he would be ready. First break with the Spirit Squad. Disappointment and failure of that. With the  re-invention and superstardom as Dolph Ziggler.