The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

It would never happen given they seem to be afraid of making any serious changes, whether bad or good, but I'd treat Summerslam as a season finale of sorts.  Not really much you can really do to change the course in a week, so have that as booked, and then come out Monday on RAW and send the book into the fucking sun.  Go mental and have everyone drop their belts.  2-out-of-3 falls matches.  3 stages of hell.  No gimmick PPVs.  Just change absolutely everything and start from a clean slate. This is an unprecedented opportunity for them to do something they've arguably never been able to in their existence.

Of course really they'll do f**k all, at least not quickly.  I'd accept them slowly moving towards the new and maybe kick things off with the Royal Rumble, but with all the interest in the product right now - positive or negative - there's an opportunity there.

12 minutes ago, TheGoon said:

He’s been ‘demoted’ to something, but haven’t him and HHH got beef over sonething? Sure that came out last year 

I think it'll be telling on whether Vince still is hands on or not if Dunn and Prichard go in the next few weeks or not.

1 minute ago, Hoose Rice said:

You have to wonder why Vince just never paid the cash out his own extremely wealthy pockets?  Surely taking from the company devalues it on the stockmarket?

I'd imagine paying it out of the company has been his standard practice since the early 80s

You have to wonder why Vince just never paid the cash out his own extremely wealthy pockets?  Surely taking from the company devalues it on the stockmarket?

Because the lawsuit was probably taken against the company, as it happened on company time and or premises? 

4 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Because the lawsuit was probably taken against the company, as it happened on company time and or premises? 

Yes.  But wouldnt have been anything to worry about if nothing was taken to pay out from the company accounts.

42 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

Yes.  But wouldnt have been anything to worry about if nothing was taken to pay out from the company accounts.

Yeah, very bizarre.

He'd be called a creepy b*****d (which has always been known) and nothing more if he'd used his own cash.

There's more questions than answers with all this. Lots of conflicting reports about stuff as well. I keep repeating myself but I don't buy that Vince is anything more than out of the limelight and still in control, but it's just bizarre.

This 'crisis' is a story that's going to run and run for months.

6 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Yeah, very bizarre.

He'd be called a creepy b*****d (which has always been known) and nothing more if he'd used his own cash.

There's more questions than answers with all this. Lots of conflicting reports about stuff as well. I keep repeating myself but I don't buy that Vince is anything more than out of the limelight and still in control, but it's just bizarre.

This 'crisis' is a story that's going to run and run for months.

Not as if he would just go fk that and get Big Johnny to transfer the cash either - he must have taken legal advice before spending $m's of company money even if he thought it belonged to him anyway unless it was for tax reasons and put it as a trading loss? 

Not as if he would just go fk that and get Big Johnny to transfer the cash either - he must have taken legal advice before spending $m's of company money even if he thought it belonged to him anyway unless it was for tax reasons and put it as a trading loss? 

It does tie in with the narrative that someone on the board has been leaking this stuff as otherwise it probably wouldn't have been discovered.

Stock has risen almost 10% today with the suggestion being that this scandal hasn't even really registered with the shareholders. 

This has all the same hallmarks of the steroid scandal except sub in Triple H for Jerry Jarrett. Dunno if Vince will ever be able to publicly return since it's now a public company but he's certainly got the people in place.

An alternative view on the stock price suggests that WWE is a much more likely to be sold with Vince out the picture and as such make Vince considerable more money since the possibility has seen the stock price increase.

5 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

It does tie in with the narrative that someone on the board has been leaking this stuff as otherwise it probably wouldn't have been discovered.

Stock has risen almost 10% today with the suggestion being that this scandal hasn't even really registered with the shareholders. 

This has all the same hallmarks of the steroid scandal except sub in Triple H for Jerry Jarrett. Dunno if Vince will ever be able to publicly return since it's now a public company but he's certainly got the people in place.

An alternative view on the stock price suggests that WWE is a much more likely to be sold with Vince out the picture and as such make Vince considerable more money since the possibility has seen the stock price increase.

Good posts and points - has he been put in the hall of fame yet?  Surely that must happen?

Good posts and points - has he been put in the hall of fame yet?  Surely that must happen?

That'll only happen after he's dead.

He fucking detests being 'thanked' by anyone but the fans. To the point he makes it clear that wrestlers aren't allowed to 'thank' him in their HoF speeches with only a couple of exceptions.

14 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

That'll only happen after he's dead.

He fucking detests being 'thanked' by anyone but the fans. To the point he makes it clear that wrestlers aren't allowed to 'thank' him in their HoF speeches with only a couple of exceptions.

Him being introduced by Trish would be amazing :lol: 

The reports on this change by the fucking minute.

Meltzer and the likes of that Sean Ross Sapp and Bryan Alvarez just continually make stuff up though then contradict themselves mere hours later so who knows.

19 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

The reports on this change by the fucking minute.

Meltzer and the likes of that Sean Ross Sapp and Bryan Alvarez just continually make stuff up though then contradict themselves mere hours later so who knows.

This kind of stuff really shows the difference between journalists and wrestling journalists.  Remember a while back there was something about WWE board members "insider trading"?  They had to go on a massive backtrack because they were essentially slandering people with no backup, because they are simply out of their depth talking (or lying) about backstage stuff.  I've never got why people worship the likes of Meltzer.  Sure he's been in the industry for fucking ages, he runs the publication that's probably the main one in the industry, but anyone could do the rest.  Just make vaguely educated guesses about the product, and if they don't come up?  Plans changed.  Some work if you can get it.

1 hour ago, forameus said:

This kind of stuff really shows the difference between journalists and wrestling journalists.  Remember a while back there was something about WWE board members "insider trading"?  They had to go on a massive backtrack because they were essentially slandering people with no backup, because they are simply out of their depth talking (or lying) about backstage stuff.  I've never got why people worship the likes of Meltzer.  Sure he's been in the industry for fucking ages, he runs the publication that's probably the main one in the industry, but anyone could do the rest.  Just make vaguely educated guesses about the product, and if they don't come up?  Plans changed.  Some work if you can get it.

Dave Melzer is the equivalent of the pundits on Sportsound. He'll make shit up, occasionally be right, but then be totally found out when someone like Alex Thomson turns up with the real story

I reckon there's someone at WWE who feeds him shit. I think that person will occasionally tell him things that are true but often makes up shit for a laugh to see if it'll be reported.

On 25/07/2022 at 14:04, TheGoon said:

That (should) spell the end for Bruce, thank god. 

That'll be blade jobs and chair shots to the head back on WWE TV then.