The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

Nah. Have college the next morning. :(

There's a wrestling show in the same place before it that I'm considering giving a shot, but I'm already going to two shows that weekend so I might give that one a miss.

I mind a few people on this thread mentioning a bar in Glasgow(or somewhere else that's basically Glasgow to us elite east-coasters biggrin.gif) that opens all night for the WWE PPVs. Type of deal where you'd pay an entry fee and get cheap booze all night. Anyone able to tell me a bit more? Me and my mate are wanting somewhere to go and watch Mania.

Sports Cafe on Sauchiehall Street? I've went there for Mania the past three years now and they've all been good nights. Relatively cheap booze and nae bawbag claimin that "it's aw fake you know".....great atmosphere especially for the big matches....watching Taker vs HBK last year was awesome.

Sports Cafe on Sauchiehall Street? I've went there for Mania the past three years now and they've all been good nights. Relatively cheap booze and nae bawbag claimin that "it's aw fake you know".....great atmosphere especially for the big matches....watching Taker vs HBK last year was awesome.

I've always fancied going to the Sports Cafe for a Wrestlemania, I just can't be arsed with the attempt at getting back to Paisley at 4am :(

I've always fancied going to the Sports Cafe for a Wrestlemania, I just can't be arsed with the attempt at getting back to Paisley at 4am sad.gif

Have you got nae mates that watch WrestleMania....or even enjoy a cheap piss up? I stay in Motherwell but theres a group of 5/6 of us so taxi it general cost us only about £5/6 each. If you can get a group I'd recommend it, it beats watchin it in the hoose yerself. Watchin it wi other wrestling fans, great atmosphre and getting pished all at the same time laugh.gif .

Have you got nae mates that watch WrestleMania....or even enjoy a cheap piss up? I stay in Motherwell but theres a group of 5/6 of us so taxi it general cost us only about £5/6 each. If you can get a group I'd recommend it, it beats watchin it in the hoose yerself. Watchin it wi other wrestling fans, great atmosphre and getting pished all at the same time :lol: .

Nice one. Out of my group of friends there is 2 of us that watch wrestling :lol:

But we are thinking of going to Sports Cafe this time. Anyone know what the drink offers etc are?

Also, what time does mania start for us? Because the clocks go back at 2am Sunday night.

Theres about 6 or 7 of us going this year...but only 3 of us watch wrestling. The rest are going for a piss up,although thye did that last year and ended up hooked after Taker/HBK.

Not sure what the drink deals are but the last time is was in the price of a pint wasn't too bad...£2 or somethin....oh aye and the special offer of a 4 pint pitcher for £8laugh.gif .

EDIT: Oh aye...I f you want seats you'll have to reserve them ASAP.

Edited by Shuggie_Murray7

Theres about 6 or 7 of us going this year...but only 3 of us watch wrestling. The rest are going for a piss up,although thye did that last year and ended up hooked after Taker/HBK.

EDIT: Oh aye...I f you want seats you'll have to reserve them ASAP.

Thats the thing. All but one of my mates hate wrestling and would never watch it. So if I were going it would just be 2 of us.

And cheers for letting us know about reserving seats. I'll get that done as soon as I know if I'm going or no.

I am thinking that taker will lose against HBK its all been billed up for it. The promo of where will you be suggests that it will be a massive upset. if he gets beat fair enough but HBK is not what he was before. I know its set up but HBK has not won the wwe or world heavy weight in a long time so I would have thought that Taker would have lost against someone at the peak of their performance. The only way I can see taker winning is if HBK wants to go out on a high in one of the biggest matches in wrestling History.No Matter what happens it will be a great match and will be bigger than all the others, and this match and the ladder match will be the only reason 26 will be remebered imo. No other matches take my fancy.

Ah Wrestling, along with poker and football, one of my favourite things. I can't pretend I've just read the last 148 pages but I'll try to contribute in the future. My best memory of Wrestling was when I went to Wrestlemania 20 at Madison Square Garden (i've still got the chair in my house). It wasn't the best Wrestemania (think X-7 gets that) but it was such an experience to actually be there.

As for this years Wrestlemania, I'm hoping that it will be much better that the Royal Rumble. I do though have my reservations,

HHH vs Sheamus, seems to have been thrown together at the last minute to give Hunter something to do.

Ditto the tag team title match

Money in the Bank, probably too many folk in it, wrestlers like Kane should be no where near this.

I'm expecting some sort of swerve in the Legacy triple threat match but the quality should be ok.

Y2J vs Edge seems to have been set up so that Edge can win the World title back, Jericho will never be a main eventer and screams of "transitional champ".

Cena vs Batista features 2 of the worst workers in the company, they will probably take every short cut in the book to make it more interesting, which leads onto

Vince vs Bret, which, for all the hype around Bret Harts return to the ring, he can't work anymore and Vince isn't a worker. Can't help but think these to matches will be intertwined/

The only match I can think be guaranteed to be of a high standard is HBK vs Undertaker, although it seems unlikely, with all the expectation, that they will be able to top last year.

Cena/Batista will probably main event. Of course Bret/Vince won't be any good, but what it WILL be is Bret kicking Vinnie's arse all over the place. That's what people want to see. And I reckon Batista/Cena will be good, but we could end up having a back and forth discussion about Cena and it's been done to death on here, so I'll refrain. :P

I think it looks like the best Wrestlemania since X-7 on paper, and if each match delivers, it probably will be.

I think I might get a Wrestlemania thread going as the lineup is pretty much complete.

Right up forMania now. Taker/HBK, Cena/Batista, Orton/DiBiase/Rhodes and Rey/Punk should all be really good. Bret/Vince will be as expected, shite for a wrestling PPV but entertaining to watch nonetheless. MitB will be the usual clusterfuck, spotfest....but it'll have me entertained still.

Cena/Batista will probably main event. Of course Bret/Vince won't be any good, but what it WILL be is Bret kicking Vinnie's arse all over the place. That's what people want to see. And I reckon Batista/Cena will be good, but we could end up having a back and forth discussion about Cena and it's been done to death on here, so I'll refrain. :P

I think it looks like the best Wrestlemania since X-7 on paper, and if each match delivers, it probably will be.

I think I might get a Wrestlemania thread going as the lineup is pretty much complete.

I don't mind a healthy discussion :D

I just don't think Cena or Batista can work for sh*t.

Is Linda McMahon planning to run for President? I know she is running for Senate or something similar anyway (my knowledge of the American system is slim)

as for Mania, Dom Dom feel free to make a WM thread, we could all put our Predictions down and see who can come out as the Mania Master.