The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

totally awful PPV imo, I expected a lot more from it, wasted 3 hours I'll not see again, I'm willing to bet tonights Raw will be a better show.

TNA really need to get the PPV's on the road, the impact zone (although it works for it's purpose) just doesn't feel right for me as a viewer.

On occasion, I can understand it... say if it's a babyface hell-bent on revenge, deciding they want to inflict some more punishment rather than take the win. But with a guy like Morgan, he just seems stupid.

Speaking of cage matches, an underrated classic just came to mind. :D Think it was in 2000 or so, Val Venis .V. Rikishi. Anyone remember it at all? I recall a crazy spot with Rikishi being knocked off the top of the cage(I think it might have been after a run-in by Tazz?), and Venis eventually winning.

Dont get me wrong, I love a good gimmick match as much as the next person but theres a time and a place. They should be the exception rather than the rule. TNA have got it TOTALLY back to front.

Felt the need to highlight this point again. Watching TNA isn't an enjoyable experience, its an attack on the senses.

TNA is at its best when they keep it simple, which does happen every now and then but very rarely.

The match I just randomly happened to catch the other day was actually 18 months ago so my bad. However, it made me think of another point. Just how awful was the commentary last night. Whereas the WWE use theres to further the storyline or to plant seeds, Tenay and Taz just randomly drivelled on.

Speaking of cage matches, an underrated classic just came to mind. :D Think it was in 2000 or so, Val Venis .V. Rikishi. Anyone remember it at all? I recall a crazy spot with Rikishi being knocked off the top of the cage(I think it might have been after a run-in by Tazz?), and Venis eventually winning.

Aye, an absolute belter of a cage match ... I've mentioned on here before how much I mark when Rikishi does that big splash from the top of the cage. Just awesome.