The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

It's no worse than anyone else getting the strap. There's nobody better at getting a younger guy over than Foley when he's on his game. Triple H and Randy Orton practically own their main event careers to the man.

It's no worse than anyone else getting the strap. There's nobody better at getting a younger guy over than Foley when he's on his game. Triple H and Randy Orton practically own their main event careers to the man.

Aye, but will TNA take advantage of that? Knowing their form, they probably won't.

Not too sure to be honest. Look at what happened when WCW continually gave the strap to older guys. I guess if Foley doesn't keep it too long and he puts over the younger guys then it wouldn't be to bad. But I actually didn't agree with Sting being champ either.

For me AJ Styles should be the champ as it has been years since he held it and he is one of the hardest workers on the roster along with Angle. I doubt I'd give it to Joe any time soon as his title run was a disaster.

Also, I watched Vintage Collection last night and it was amazing. Brought back all the memories and I really enjoyed Flair/Santana.........again :lol: .

Oh and also:

Jeff Hardy has given notice to WWE that he will not be resiging when his

contract expires in 2-4 months.

Jeff Hardy is said to be burnt out from WWE's

hectic schedule and is looking to do something outside of professional

wrestling. His contract expires in July and he has decline several

contract extension offers. His recent losses could attribute to WWE being unsure

if he will resign this summer.

http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe/2005.html

Surprised at this if it's true. However, I suspect it's a work after what Matt has said on TV.

Edited by Shuggie_Murray7

PWI are reporting the Jeff Hardy thing, which adds some credibility.

PWI aren't the easiest people to work. They didn't even buy into the "Jeff has been attacked on a stairwell" thing when even CNN picked up on it.

Jeff Hardy is playing down the contract talks saying he's "taking it day by day" which basically confirms that he has knocked back offers. It's beginning to look ominous and we now have confirmation from the man himself.

EDIT : Oh, and Michael Ballack is definately an Evan Bourne fan. :D

Edited by DomDom

I seen Hornswoggle walking down Gordon Street in Glasgow today with 2 bodyguards. Very surreal. Sadly, none of them where up for chatting :(

Went past Borders earlier and clocked a massive que who were all waiting to see..............R-Truth :lol:

Edited by Shuggie_Murray7

Went past Borders earlier and clocked a massive que who were all waiting to see..............R-Truth :lol:

The sign in the window had the picture of R-Truth and some blonde (dunno which one) and no mention of either of their names on it :lol: what a come down from having mysterio the last time!

WWE Superstars 24/04/2009

Since it doesn't come on over here, there will be no spoiler tags here.

Kane and The Big Show vs. CM Punk and Rey Mysterio

Punk and Kane are facing off at Backlash. I can't believe they are getting more time on PPV when they completely fucked up a three minute match on RAW. The fans just were not interested in this for the most part. Standard tag action, but uninteresting, but you can't blame the fans for not really caring about anything that happens in this match. **1/4

At least that match hit the standards that you'd expect of the match, which instantly makes this week's Superstars much better than last week.

Tyson Kidd and Natalya vs. Finlay and Hornswoggle

Tyson Kidd just got buried. :( Absolutely pointless match which did nothing other than make Tyson Kidd look like a fanny. DUD

John Cena tries to get all serious about his fued with Edge and fails miserably.

Edge vs. Kofi Kingston

These two guys had a match earlier in the year on Smackdown which was bloody good ! Nowhere near as good as that match, but these two guys clearly know how to work together. Great little moment later in the match when Kingston hits his finisher and Edge ends up on the floor, rather than have him kick out of, and possibly weaken, Kofi's finisher. Anyways, decent match. **3/4

OVERALL

Better than last week, but would that be hard ? Once again, the crowd was absolutely dead for the action which didn't help and for the most part, the guys in the ring didn't do anything to help matters.

I seen Hornswoggle walking down Gordon Street in Glasgow today with 2 bodyguards. Very surreal. Sadly, none of them where up for chatting :(

I seen about 20-30 wrestlers at the airport today. Only ones I recognised were Undertaker, Triple H and possibly one of the Hardy's. There was also a stunning blonde, with pink bits in her hair.