The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

Well obviously, no one is unbeatable. But that is as hyped as the Nexus will get, WWE beat them I see no reason for them to have a return match. ONE OF THE BIGGEST PPV'S OF THE YEAR and one of the fucking worst, that was honking, Nexus winning would have continued their run of terror in the WWE now they are no longer this unstoppable group going through the whole roster without fail. But your beloved cena showed them up, another exellently boring ppv well worth the £15, all hail vince.

Aye it was honking, but it's still one of their biggest drawing PPV's of the year.

What if Nexus had won? Then they have already toppled three of the top guys in the company and are let with what exactly? Having Nexus job was the right thing to do in order to keep the angle running. Having them go over would have made Team WWE look like what?

Anyone who would pay for any PPV other than Mania or the Rumble is a mug. If you spend £15 on a PPV and it turns out to be shote then get it up ye.

What if Nexus had won? Then they have already toppled three of the top guys in the company and are let with what exactly? Having Nexus job was the right thing to do in order to keep the angle running. Having them go over would have made Team WWE look like what?

It was miscommunication that did a lot of the work for the WWE team as well as a DQ job. I think it's safe to say that there could have been LOADS of mileage from the angle had Nexus won. All Nexus had was their ass kicking credentials since they're a bunch of charismaless blandies on the whole. Now that that they don't even have that, the angle is now a completely pointless exercise.

It was such a decisive victory that the angle is either going to be 1) dead or 2) one sided. The only thing that can save this is veterans coming in and helping Nexus, which makes the newcomers seem even more useless, needing these old heads to save them from being beaten.

It was miscommunication that did a lot of the work for the WWE team as well as a DQ job. I think it's safe to say that there could have been LOADS of mileage from the angle had Nexus won. All Nexus had was their ass kicking credentials since they're a bunch of charismaless blandies on the whole. Now that that they don't even have that, the angle is now a completely pointless exercise.

It was such a decisive victory that the angle is either going to be 1) dead or 2) one sided. The only thing that can save this is veterans coming in and helping Nexus, which makes the newcomers seem even more useless, needing these old heads to save them from being beaten.

The way I'd go from here with this is hve Nexus take the whole "we're embarassed" approach and begin taking out members of WWE. Have them take more people out than they already have, have them attack SmackDown guys aswell and build up to Survivor Series were its Nexus vs WWE (RAW & SmackDown) where Nexus pul off the victory. Not only would it achieve what people feel should have been done last night but guys like Barrett and Sheffeild would look superb.

Then they have already toppled three of the top guys in the company and are let with what exactly?

It was cenas fault Jericho and Edge got eliminated and they both turned on cena afterwards, the script could have been written that 2 of the top 3 guys cost the top guy (cena) the match rather than it being the Nexus's win. WWE has nothing to prove now, they beat the nexus.

Better scenario would have been Nexus to win, them to take out Hart and some other legend/uber-face and then for Triple H and the Undertake to both join in on the fight against the Nexus and this all coming to a head at SS and Team WWE putting out a FULL STRENGTH team, no bullshit Bret Hart, Morrison, R-Truth inclusions.

It was cenas fault Jericho and Edge got eliminated and they both turned on cena afterwards, the script could have been written that 2 of the top 3 guys cost the top guy (cena) the match rather than it being the Nexus's win. WWE has nothing to prove now, they beat the nexus.

Better scenario would have been Nexus to win, them to take out Hart and some other legend/uber-face and then for Triple H and the Undertake to both join in on the fight against the Nexus and this all coming to a head at SS and Team WWE putting out a FULL STRENGTH team, no bullshit Bret Hart, Morrison, R-Truth inclusions.

can anyone see NXT 2 and NXT 1 joining forces and creating a huge stable together?

can anyone see NXT 2 and NXT 1 joining forces and creating a huge stable together?

That'd be another way of giving Nexus a wee bit of credibility back. Either that or have the two lots fued with each other.

Its the only way i can see them becoming stronger.

I could not believe they had Cena win it. Having Nexus win and Cena taking a fall would have elavated Nexus further and give them further "power". All last night does is ruin months of excellent build up, when the whole angle could have run for months more. IMO the whole Nexus thing must be over.

Im sick of this Superman Cena crap too. Its Hulk Hogan but 100 times worse. Hogan would take a beating but he had the crowd and the charisma to make it easier to watch. The whole taking a beating then hulking up was much more believable than taking a beating and just jumping up to your feet two seconds later, as if nothing had happened.

When was the last time this guy jobbed out to someone? Its just plain stupid and done to sell t-shirts to 7 year olds

It was an awesome match only spoiled by the ending, but did anyone else wonder why the hell(prior to the DDT on the concrete) Cena was selling so much? What Jericho and Edge did to him was about 1/10th of what happened to people who'd actually been in the match. Or did Jericho calling him a 'stupid man' injure his feelings?

They should do a Barrett vs Winner of Season 2(Kaval hopefully) and then end it with each putting up their title shot, at the PPV. It all depends where they go from here, if the angle continues on RAW then S2, if they all stay on, will really need to go to Smackdown. Unless you'd have a stupidly unbalanced roster.

Just caught up with the last couple of weeks of wrestling in time for Raw to start. Been in Majorca for 2 weeks and it would appear I didnt miss much. Both Hardcore Justice and Summerslam were gash, although Summerslam was far more watchable than Hardcore Justice, probably because WWE can at least make shite wrestling look pretty good.

Just caught up with the last couple of weeks of wrestling in time for Raw to start. Been in Majorca for 2 weeks and it would appear I didnt miss much. Both Hardcore Justice and Summerslam were gash, although Summerslam was far more watchable than Hardcore Justice, probably because WWE can at least make shite wrestling look pretty good.

blink.gif I enjoyed Hardcore Justice for what it was.

blink.gif I enjoyed Hardcore Justice for what it was.

A car crash?

I thought Raven - Dreamer was quite good but apart from that it was awful. One Night Stand in 2005 was done at the right time and it was a great PPV.