The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

That sounds pretty good, the second one with Barrett winning, but I think they'd have the Nexus shirt under the ref one so he would just rip the ref one off and reveal the "N"

Ah good thinking, that would be even more epic! :D

I wonder if Cena will be dressed like a referee or as his normal self though. :mellow:

That sounds pretty good, the second one with Barrett winning, but I think they'd have the Nexus shirt under the ref one so he would just rip the ref one off and reveal the "N"

That would be class. Reminds me of...

John Cena is going to help Wade Barrett win the title. He's then going to reveal that HE was behind Nexus taking out The Undertaker. They'll give some reason for it. Cena vs. Taker at Mania.

I was thinking both of those things might happen.

Dunno if it showed AJ's innocence, I felt it showed the contrast between the "laddish" or "jocky" attitude in Fortune compared to Abyss. I thought it was pretty funny as well though the crowd chanting "That was gay" ruined it.

I'm a bit of an Amazing Red mark, it's true. He puts on great wee matches though and I'd give that kind of wrestler more exposure, especially near the start of a show, as it can get the crowd worked up through the big spots.

The thing is with the Impact Zone, the audience or atleast "the crucial crew" down the front, try to get themselves over rather than the talent in the ring. There is one guy in particular that is right chubby and goofy looking that wears a hat every week and usually stands next to the fat black guy. Every week he tries to start chants and about 4 or 5 join and yet it's heard around the world by 2 million people. Sick of it and it's well documented that TNA stars over the year hate it as well.

That would be class. Reminds me of...

What an epic moment, there had been speculation for weeks on what side Sting was going to and it was well done. Having Sting double cross Hogan and then rip off the black and white shirt. This was when WCW was getting it's highest ratings, up at 6's and 5.5's

The thing is with the Impact Zone, the audience or atleast "the crucial crew" down the front, try to get themselves over rather than the talent in the ring. There is one guy in particular that is right chubby and goofy looking that wears a hat every week and usually stands next to the fat black guy. Every week he tries to start chants and about 4 or 5 join and yet it's heard around the world by 2 million people. Sick of it and it's well documented that TNA stars over the year hate it as well.

It's just stupid staying in the one place all the time. You're cutting your market down, as most Floridians(is that what they're called?) won't travel every week to the tapings, whereas if they were in different cities each week then they'd have a better chance of selling out.

Also you get wrestlers being in their hometown. Like Raw, I just wanted Mr. Anderson to turn up in Green Bay. The crowd would be so much better for his introduction, for example.

It's just stupid staying in the one place all the time. You're cutting your market down, as most Floridians(is that what they're called?) won't travel every week to the tapings, whereas if they were in different cities each week then they'd have a better chance of selling out.

Also you get wrestlers being in their hometown. Like Raw, I just wanted Mr. Anderson to turn up in Green Bay. The crowd would be so much better for his introduction, for example.

When you consider the massive savings in costs they make by doing so, it isn't that stupid at all. Would fans really turn out if they went all over the US? I recall that last year they were in AJ Styles hometown for a house show and only pulled about 400. It would be a risk certainly.

And I agree with the consensus about the chants. I too despise them and would dearly love to punch those twats in the mouth to shut them up.

This post made me :lol: , nice work

"The crucial crew" :lol:

I know exactly who you mean when you say the goofy looking guy, he's always wearing an American football top? The fact that I know who he is backs up your argument. I wouldn't say the black guy is fat btw, he looks like a tank.

It does seem to be a pretty regular crowd. Taking it on the road would also let them see who was over with the fans who watch on TV regularly.

When you consider the massive savings in costs they make by doing so, it isn't that stupid at all. Would fans really turn out if they went all over the US? I recall that last year they were in AJ Styles hometown for a house show and only pulled about 400. It would be a risk certainly.

I agree with this as well. I'd take it on the road every second week perhaps, although I'm not sure how contracts would be affected by doing a taping a week instead of three in three days.

And I agree with the consensus about the chants. I too despise them and would dearly love to punch those twats in the mouth to shut them up.

I would much rather have that than the sort of atmosphere there was the Barrett-Orton match on Sunday ie dead.

The thing is with Anderson debut at Genesis, Hulk Hogan had only just arrived and would have been too soon considering Anderson must have only just signed. Unless Hogan knew that Anderson would come with him by January the 4th.

This post made me laugh.gif , nice work

"The crucial crew" laugh.gif

I know exactly who you mean when you say the goofy looking guy, he's always wearing an American football top? The fact that I know who he is backs up your argument. I wouldn't say the black guy is fat btw, he looks like a tank.

That's what they call themselves, I kid you not.

Aye, thats the one, he moves his way about in between matches, sometimes he's with the shades wearing black guy sometimes he's over beside the guy that over dresses so badly with the red bandana and leather with the biker gloves.

The thing is with that guy is he's in the park at 9am dressed like ever other guest in the park, then turns up at 5 dressed like the DLO's mascot. See my point about trying to get themselves over...

Edited by The Hero of the Day

The thing is with Anderson debut at Genesis, Hulk Hogan had only just arrived and would have been too soon considering Anderson must have only just signed. Unless Hogan knew that Anderson would come with him by January the 4th.

I meant his "From Green Bay, Wisconsin....MRRRRRRRR ANNNNDDDDEEERRRSSSOOONNNN.........AAANNNNNDDDERRSONNNNN" mic drop thing, not his debut.