The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

Chaps, I downloaded 'The True Story of Wrestlemania' last night and I have to say it's a cracking watch, really good to hear loads of interviews with everyone and good memories of matches years and years ago.

Anyone else watched it?

I've been meaning to say the exact same thing on here for a few days now. It is a great watch, some great stories on there. Easily one of the best WWE DVD's theres been. I only downloaded the main documentary part since I already have most of the extras on my hard drive.

Dunno if its actually out over here yet but if or when it does come out, everyone needs to get it or download it!

He did indeed but it wasnt the main event. Reason Taker - Dudleys went on last was cause Taker buried his Da' in cement and killed him. Thankfully his dad got better and returned last year.

I remember that, that was awful.

10 years since WCW was bought over by Vince, cant believe its been that long.

Im very critical about the dying years of WCW but for the most part it was great. WWE has never been the same since, you need the competition imo and its sad that TNA seem to be going along the same lines as the dying WCW.

When you watch the clips back on youtube now, the Hall and Nash debuts and the lead up to the 3rd man being Hogan are just fab. Has there ever been a better angle than that?

I also miss the War Games matches the excitement over what show was better during the Monday Night Wars.

Favourite match is Bret Hart v Chris Benoit in the Kemper Arena in the Owen Hart Tribute match. The Harts may be my favourites but anyone who watches this match would agree its a fitting tribute and an outstanding WRESTLING match

Felt right old when I realised the other day that its 10 years since Vince bought WCW and Wrestlemania 17 happened. Weird that there's still articles online about the sale when it happened like this one.

Doesnt seem like WCW has even finished at all mind with most of the old roster still working for TNA. I cant wait till TNA gets bought or closes. Because nobody but the retards in the impact zone will care.

I've been meaning to say the exact same thing on here for a few days now. It is a great watch, some great stories on there. Easily one of the best WWE DVD's theres been. I only downloaded the main documentary part since I already have most of the extras on my hard drive.

Dunno if its actually out over here yet but if or when it does come out, everyone needs to get it or download it!

It's available to pre-order on the Silvervision website, so I'll be getting hold of that DVD.

Day 6 - Angle vs Michael WM21

Day 7 - The Dudleys

Favourite Tag Team, although it might be the obvious one, the heat they drew back in ECW was immense. Pretty sure it would've been the Rise and Fall of ECW dvd that they talk about people waiting for them in the parking lot. You can feel the hatred when you watch some of their matches.

Other ones I considered, Edge and Christian, The Hardys, New Age Outlaws, Beer Money, MCMG, Styles and Daniels.

Felt right old when I realised the other day that its 10 years since Vince bought WCW and Wrestlemania 17 happened. Weird that there's still articles online about the sale when it happened like this one.

Doesnt seem like WCW has even finished at all mind with most of the old roster still working for TNA. I cant wait till TNA gets bought or closes. Because nobody but the retards in the impact zone will care.

Why? It's the only competition WWE have and when WWE have competition they will produce good stuff. I hope it doesn't go out, it's just the creative and booking side that all needs a change. As i said they missed the boat big time when they didn't do everything they could to sign Heyman.

Day 6 - Angle vs Michael WM21

Day 7 - The Dudleys

Favourite Tag Team, although it might be the obvious one, the heat they drew back in ECW was immense. Pretty sure it would've been the Rise and Fall of ECW dvd that they talk about people waiting for them in the parking lot. You can feel the hatred when you watch some of their matches.

Other ones I considered, Edge and Christian, The Hardys, New Age Outlaws, Beer Money, MCMG, Styles and Daniels.

I can stress highly enough how good that WM21 match really is.

And I'll go with the New Age Outlaws, stupidly over for a tag team. Road Dog had charisma by the bucket load and Billy Gunn could get it done in the ring. They were the top tag team of the Attitude Era without question.

When you watch the clips back on youtube now, the Hall and Nash debuts and the lead up to the 3rd man being Hogan are just fab. Has there ever been a better angle than that?

I also miss the War Games matches the excitement over what show was better during the Monday Night Wars.

Favourite match is Bret Hart v Chris Benoit in the Kemper Arena in the Owen Hart Tribute match. The Harts may be my favourites but anyone who watches this match would agree its a fitting tribute and an outstanding WRESTLING match

I just don't think TNA could ever come up with a revolutionary angle that will make heads turn. Every storyline for the past wee while has all been done before.

War Games was a great concept. Epecially the Horseman vs the NWO with the 2 Stings, I've watched that match a good 4 or 5 times. Commentary from the match is great as well and really adds to the idea that NWO were on top.

I miss WCW. Even when it was fucking rotten it was brilliant.

I'm in the section that really can't bring myself to watch TNA but really hope that they get it right and succeed. Vince McMahon, for all the good he has done, effectively killed wrestling by buying out all the competition and we need something that is a real threat to WWE for them to start producing truly great wrestling.

Got a bit of catching up to do on that 30 day thing again

Day 5 - Ladder match when done properly is excellent. HHH vs Rock at Summerslam is probably the best example of this.

Day 6 - Vs Taker WM26. Just because I didnt think they would top the year before. I expected less going into it than I did from the previous year, and instead it was equally as good, if not a better match.

Day 7 - New Age Outlaws. Loved everything about them, although they would probably win it on their entrance alone.

The Steiner Brothers.

I was already aware of how awesome this tag team used to be. In their heyday, they were absolutely incapable of having a bad match, even having an absolute belter with The Nasty Boys of all teams! But then I seen them on their Nitro run through 1996/97 and seen them have awesome match after awesome match and it just made me realise how great they were. Their match with the Hart Brothers was pretty close to tag team perfection. I can only think of one better tag match.

Amazing team.