The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

Pretty good match not surprised that the WWE used the old recording trick they used it in The Rock vs Mankind at Royal Rumble a few years ago, I like Cena but i thought it was BS how quick they had Miz quit.

Pretty good match not surprised that the WWE used the old recording trick they used it in The Rock vs Mankind at Royal Rumble a few years ago, I like Cena but i thought it was BS how quick they had Miz quit.

It was over 12 years ago. Time flies.

Cena gets beat up for twenty minutes straight, yet he chases Miz with his belt and then puts him in the STF and Miz quits straight away.

Not just that, in the two mini fightbacks Cena had he showed no signs of the severe beating he had taken. He was getting pelted with the kendo stick (which showed visible signs) and the leather belt and got up TWICE in quick succession before the end bullshit.

It is official....I fuckin LOVE R-Truth!!! "Shut up lil Jimmy"

Nice to see Punk with the attempted Macho Man elbow tribute.

Sin Cara/Chavo was nae bad I thought. Draged on a wee bit but still entertaining enouh.

Again Cole/Lawler was dire. They used Hart, which had no relevance to the feud at all. Hopfeully thats the end of it now, it's fucking murder to watch.

Orton vs Christian was a great match. By far the match that had me cheering the most. I was desparate for Christian to win again, but obviously he was never going to. The near falls with both men were superb. Surprisingly with an Orton match had a little too many rest holds too early on but a great effort nonetheless. Ortons best match for a long time. I was convinced a Christian hel turn was about to happen at the end. It has to happen soon, I'm getting slightly bored with face Christian. SD needs a big heel maineventer.

I thought Cena/Miz was a great match also for the most part. I enjpyed the way the allowed Miz to actually look like a credible heel by dominatin Cena (albeit woth Reilly), but at least they didn't shit on him by having Cena bury him. I could see the whole "IIIIII QUUUUIIIITTTT!!!" swerve comin a mile off. I said to my mate last week after Cena said it on RAW that that would happen. But to then use it as a false finish and Cena go on to win was pointless. Why not just have the beat down continue Reilly accidentally hits Miz and the match unfolds from there. Absolutely no need foir the false finish. Oh and Cena should get his baws booted for completeley no selling the previous 20 minutes where he got his c**t kicked in!!! He could atleast sold it a little bit instead of completely ignoring it and chasing Miz.

He never got buried? Seriously? It was such a convincing burial I felt like I should be wearing a black tie.

And the entire match up until the finish?

EDIT:

Randy Savage was honored during this afternoon's New York Yankees vs. New York Mets game at Yankee Stadium as an "In Memory Of" graphic displaying the years of his birth and death was shown on the video screen. "Macho Man" by the Village People played during the tribute.

:lol:

Edited by Shuggie_Murray7

The Miz taking next to no punishment makes it even more of a burial, and the fact that it has a handicap match right from the word go didn't help either. The Miz is a great big pussy who can't do anything on his own, and can't take about a minute of Cena offense without quitting. He was made to look like a fucking loser and for me, has lost every single bit of credibility as a main eventer that he had.

The only plus side of this disaster PPV was Christian vs. Randy Orton. You could class R-Truth's wee promo as well I suppose, but the match that followed wasn't very good.

The Miz taking next to no punishment makes it even more of a burial, and the fact that it has a handicap match right from the word go didn't help either. The Miz is a great big pussy who can't do anything on his own, and can't take about a minute of Cena offense without quitting. He was made to look like a fucking loser and for me, has lost every single bit of credibility as a main eventer that he had.

Isn't that supposed to be his gimmick? The cowardly, dastardly heel? The only thing that was pish was the amount of time in the submission, no fight or stuggle to get out.

R-Truth to steal his spot :D

Isn't that supposed to be his gimmick? The cowardly, dastardly heel? The only thing that was pish was the amount of time in the submission, no fight or stuggle to get out.

There's been plenty of them though, and all of them have managed to put up SOME fight. Hell, JBL was very much believable as a coward, but you always knew he had a fighting streak in him.

Even The Miz in the past has looked much better, and most of the dastardly heels Cena has faced have managed to come away with most of their credibility intact, Nexus aside, even when they have lost.

R-Truth to steal his spot

I reckon he and Rey will fued untill John Morrison comes back. Alberto Del Rio might well take the spot for now, but it's unlikely with Kane and Show breathing down his neck.

Oh, another thing about last night. Sin Cara needs to be sent to Florida. If he can't adapt to the WWE style, and at the moment it's clear that he can't, then I'll be glad to see the back of him.

ICW Monday Night BRAW Episode 1

ICW bring us the new online show! Apparently looking more professional and much better as a result. I'll be the judge of that. ;) Two matches on show on this episode and hopefully some build for the July show.

Liam Thomson vs. Andy Wild - Match 2 in the Best of Five ( ***1/2 )

CJ Banks vs. Kid Fite ( *** )

Match 1

Match 2 in the Best of Five

Liam Thomson vs. Andy Wild

I have to admit, I prefer to have the crowd noise than the commentary. Back Elbow from Liam to get us going. Stomps to the back from Liam and then a forearm. Liam into the ropes and then he jumps over Wild and a Rana from Wild and Liam heads for the floor. Andy hits the floor. SUICIDE DIVE FROM LIAM !!! They brawl around the ring and then Wild avoids a Suplex. WILD DROPS LIAM INTO THE SUPERKICK !!! Back into the ring they go again. We come back into the ring and Wild jumps into a knee in the gut for a two count. Choke over the middle rope from Wild and then a Dropkick to the back and that gets a two count. Snapmare from Liam and then a Dropkick to the back again and that gets a two count. Body Slam to the middle rope and Liam misses an Elbow Drop. Liam then runs into an elbow and then a boot. LEAPING ACE CRUSHER ... blocked. Liam runs right into the Roundhouse Kick. Wild misses a charge as does Liam. TIGER DRIVER ... COUNTERED TO THE RANA !!! ONE ! TWO ! THR ... KICKOUT !!! Pinfall exchange. Death Valley Driver from Wild and that gets a two count. Liam looks for something. LIGER BOMB FROM LIAM !!! ONE ! TWO ! KICKOUT !!! Liam now heads for the top rope. FLYING HEADBUTT ... MISSES !!! Wild gets a two count from that. Big Knee to the face from Wild. LIAM CATCHES THE LUNGBLOWER ON WILD !!! ONE ! TWO ! THR ... KICKOUT !!! Both men roll through. TIGER DRIVER FROM WILD !!! ONE ! TWO ! THR ... INTO THE LION TAMER FROM WID !!! VICTORY ROLL FROM LIAM !!! ONE ! TWO ! THRE ... KICKOUT !!! Small Package from Liam wins.

Match Winner : Liam Thomson

Match Rating : ***1/2

Match Comments : Not QUITE on the level of previous matches. The pace was much brisker but it was still a nifty wee outing with the action flowing nicely.

We see The Wee Man's new video with some other bloke. There's some funny stuff but I want wrestling for god's sake.

Match 2

CJ Banks vs. Kid Fite

Fite sounds like he's drunk. Kick to the balls gets the match going. Banks into the ropes and a Clothesline and then another. Fite lands the Monkey Flip out of the corner and then he sends Banks to the floor. Fite goes out and works on Banks. Banks then gets sent into the front row and Fite follows. Banks then gets launched into a pile of chairs. Fite continues this beating and then he gets some fans to land some chops. Back to the ring they go now and Fite misses a charge and Banks lands a Back Drop Suplex. Banks then chokes Fite on the middle rope and then Banks with a European Uppercut. Hard Irish Whip sends Fite into the corner. Forearms from Fite and then a poke to the eye. Back Elbow now from Banks. Into the corner and Banks lands some shoulders in the corner and then lands a chop. Into the corner again and now Fite comes back with chops of his own. Banks just knocks Fite right back down. Fite then gets sent to the floor. Banks now sends Fite into the ringpost back first and then he does this for a second time. Back into the ring and Fite shouts at someone else. Snap Suplex from Banks and that gets a two count. Slingshot Senton from Banks and that gets another two count. Fireman's Carry into the Gutbuster from Banks. Snapmare and then a stomp to the face from Banks. Forearms from Fite but he runs right into the Back Elbow from Banks. Running European Uppercut and then a Falling Headbutt and that gets a two count. European Uppercut from Banks. Fite into the corner and Banks misses a charge. Powerslam from Fite and that gets him back into the match. Banks misses the charge and Fite now comes back with a bunch of stuff. School Boy gets a two count for Fite. Short Arm Clothesline from Fite and that gets a two count. DEVIL LOCK DDT ... countered. Banks comes back. BUSAIKU KNEE STRIKE FROM BANKS !!! ONE ! TWO ! KICKOUT !!! TIGER DRIVER FROM BANKS !!! ONE ! TWO ! KICKOUT !!! Banks now heads for the top rope. Fite stops him up there and goes up. SUPERPLEX !!! THE DEVIL LOCK DDT FROM FITE !!! ONE ! TWO ! THREE !!!

Match Winner : Kid Fite

Match Rating : ***

Match Comments : It was a decent enough wee match right there. Not much outside of the least you'd expect from both men.

Not sure I'm a fan of the commentary taking away from the atmosphere of the shows. The action is about the norm though. A decent opening episode but to say the best from this ICW show is yet to come would be an understatement.

Warning about it. The Wee Man is on after Liam Thomson vs. Andy Wild. I find it kinda funny, but if you don't like his comedy rapping I'd suggest you skip a couple of minutes.

... episode is here.

Oh, another thing about last night. Sin Cara needs to be sent to Florida. If he can't adapt to the WWE style, and at the moment it's clear that he can't, then I'll be glad to see the back of him.

I find that watching his matches are ok.....at the start. After a few minutes I just loose interest.

I quite like him tbh. I think they should be adapting to accomodate him instead of the other way about. Least he tries something different although he botches at least one move every match...although so did Sabu in his prime and he is one of my all time favourites.

The I Quit match was garbage. I have nothing but disdain for both wrestlers and hope that they go away. Orton vs Christian was excellent and how a main event should be worked. I reckon Christian teased an upcoming heel turn at the end.

I quite like him tbh. I think they should be adapting to accomodate him instead of the other way about.

No wrestler should ever go to another promotion and expect them to be the ones to adapt to his style. He's a WWE wrestler now. He goes with the WWE way of things. If he can't, I have no interest in seeing him there. He can easily leave WWE and go somewhere that he's appreciated.