The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

Was it not that if Punk leaves with the title he gets fired?

I think that both the MITB briefcases will be cashed in. The SD one will lose but the Raw one will win. Del Rio will win the Raw case, not sure about SD.

TBH they haven't quite specified. From WWE.com:

"Not only does Punk intend to humble The Champ and the entire WWE Universe with a decisive final victory on July 17, but change WWE forever by leaving with its most coveted prize fastened around his waist – simultaneously putting Cena’s career in jeopardy."

The way I read that it say if Punk is victorious, Cena leaves, meaning it's almost certain Cena will win.

I just re-watched the segment at the top of the ramp with Vince and Cena from last week's Raw.

"I'll tell you why you shouldn't be smiling. If CM Punk walks out of Chicago with this championship, I'll walk right down this aisle and look right in your face and say 'John Cena, yoooouuuuuuu'rrrreeee fiiiiiiirrrreeeddd'"

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/k2vnPA63nYcQP52eZMs

About 17 minutes into this video.

That pretty much confirms that Punk's gonna win but MITB will be cashed in.

Edited by forehead7

Was the title shot that ADR won on Raw definitely for SummerSlam or was it just in general? If so, you can ignore this, but if not I think the following would be good and make sense -

Have the Smackdown MITB match as the opener, then Christian beats Orton by either inteference or cheating later on, keeping Orton strong and finally giving the Christian angle the pay-off it requires. Have the smackdown winner cash it in straight away and win to continue Christians heel turn which is essentially built around him being treated unfairly with the WHC.

Have the Raw MITB ater Henry - Big Show and before the smackdown title match, then have Punk beat Cena clean for the title, get the Raw MITB winner to attempt to cash in on Punk, but have Punk win that clean as well, cementing him as the best in the world. As he celebrates on his way up the ramp ADR - at the behest of Vinnie Mac - hits him with a chair or hts him with the car (preferably) knocking Punk out, drags him to the ring, match starts and ADR gets the easy pin to keep the title in WWE, keep Cena in a job and most importantly to take Punk out of WWE for a good while but leave him a great reason for a return...

Never going to happen, but a man can dream :P

Was the title shot that ADR won on Raw definitely for SummerSlam or was it just in general? If so, you can ignore this, but if not I think the following would be good and make sense -

Have the Smackdown MITB match as the opener, then Christian beats Orton by either inteference or cheating later on, keeping Orton strong and finally giving the Christian angle the pay-off it requires. Have the smackdown winner cash it in straight away and win to continue Christians heel turn which is essentially built around him being treated unfairly with the WHC.

Have the Raw MITB ater Henry - Big Show and before the smackdown title match, then have Punk beat Cena clean for the title, get the Raw MITB winner to attempt to cash in on Punk, but have Punk win that clean as well, cementing him as the best in the world. As he celebrates on his way up the ramp ADR - at the behest of Vinnie Mac - hits him with a chair or hts him with the car (preferably) knocking Punk out, drags him to the ring, match starts and ADR gets the easy pin to keep the title in WWE, keep Cena in a job and most importantly to take Punk out of WWE for a good while but leave him a great reason for a return...

Never going to happen, but a man can dream :P

Meaning Punk would be a face when he returns? Which would be shite. He's wasted as a face.

Rock has posted a 10 minute promo/rant video against Cena on his twitter. He ends it saying he will return well before Mania and kick Cena's ass.

He said his return will be in a special place, where it all began for him and where the fans first started following him.

Using logic, his first Mania appearance was in the same building that Sundays MITB ppv is being held. Could this mean he could show up and cause a double dq as Punk has also been mentioning him in his promo's?

Just a theory

Meaning Punk would be a face when he returns? Which would be shite. He's wasted as a face.

Can you see him being anything other than a face in the immediate time when/if he does come back? The reactions he's getting at the minute are incredible, so I'd envisage something similar to Jericho's return, although with a quicker turn back to heel than Jericho's was.

CM Punk was practically tweener on Monday night anyways. He didn't really appear to be too heelish at any point. He slagged Vince. Big deal. He gave it the whole "I care what these people want" which kinda acted babyface too. Tweener is fine. He's a natural heel but he's so brilliant with it that he's GOING to be popular and going down this route, he doesn't have to turn babyface either. It works both ways. He has the smarks on side, yet he's whining enough to get the casuals and kids on his back. Perfect.

In saying that, I'd love if he went with Vince on Sunday. John Cena would find his way back just like he did last time since people getting fired doesn't last a month these days anyways. WWE has lacked a good and proper monster heel since the likes of Steve Austin and Triple H. Only Edge has come close I reckon.

Rock has posted a 10 minute promo/rant video against Cena on his twitter. He ends it saying he will return well before Mania and kick Cena's ass.

:lol: at the image of Cena in his dressing room, praying that he won't get booed.

:lol: at the image of Cena in his dressing room, praying that he won't get booed.

That is absolutely terriffic! Just shows that the Rock is a natural and for me, the best ever. Loved when he was ripping Cena's music. Some favourite quotes;

"A bloated transvesite Wonderwoman!"

"Well Jean...but my name's John IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT YOUR NAME IS!"

"The last time I saw pie was when I shot out my mom's birth canal!"

P.S. In realtion the the comment about where it started for the Rock, his first night, it was indeed at MSG. I beleive he teamed with Crush and someone else agianst some heels than may have included Marc Mero and Goldust. Both his character and Sunny's commentary were dreadful.

...have Punk beat Cena clean for the title, get the Raw MITB winner to attempt to cash in on Punk, but have Punk win that clean as well, cementing him as the best in the world. As he celebrates on his way up the ramp ADR - at the behest of Vinnie Mac - hits him with a chair or hts him with the car (preferably) knocking Punk out, drags him to the ring, match starts and ADR gets the easy pin to keep the title in WWE, keep Cena in a job and most importantly to take Punk out of WWE for a good while but leave him a great reason for a return...

That's a fantastic idea. I'd heard the idea mentioned by Gordon on a podcast before last Monday and thought it sounded great, yours is better though. (I really recommend the podcast btw, it's the one on SEScoops and I really enjoy it. I skip watching Raw more than I skip this podcast:)).

I keep watching Punk's last few promos. I reckon he has the talent to be the modern day Stone Cold, I just don't trust the writers.

I was meaning to ask this before Raw (I'd just listened to the aforementioned podcast while driving to work ;)). Is it a controversial view to think CM Punk's original promo deserves to go done with the greatest of all time? I'm talking top 10, maybe sometimes top 5.

Edited by Liam.

Boys and girls,

I've been a a wrestling ( sports entertainment) fan for about 20 years. I can still remember gettin the SS 91 tape aff a "pal", probably paid 2 bob for the trouble. Watched through the golden attitude years. Then lost my way 5 years ago approx Now I have watched for the past 4 USB months after mania with a thirst like Dracula reborn, with ma boy, nearly 9. Cena needs a reboot. I like Cena I want Cena to win but more importantly I want Cena to be shit on from a great distance for a number of months so the win means sometin again. Mitb Punk has to win. Punk gives the diversity that some feel is missing, cannie argue wi that. he wins takes the belt till SS perhaps. or RR. mean time a new belt is forged Cena has to start back as a jobber, all leading to mania. Ace.

Oh, TNA IMP em, sting aside, nowt much to talk about.

That is absolutely terriffic! Just shows that the Rock is a natural and for me, the best ever. Loved when he was ripping Cena's music. Some favourite quotes;

"A bloated transvesite Wonderwoman!"

"Well Jean...but my name's John IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT YOUR NAME IS!"

"The last time I saw pie was when I shot out my mom's birth canal!"

I also really liked 'douchebagenomics' and 'we were paving the way for chicks like you'. :)

I was meaning to ask this before Raw (I'd just listened to the aforementioned podcast while driving to work ;)). Is it a controversial view to think CM Punk's original promo deserves to go done with the greatest of all time? I'm talking top 10, maybe sometimes top 5.

TBH, I preferred his promo from Monday night, watching that gave me a shiver down my spine at how good he is. Yes the original was incredible, but there have been absolute belters from back in the day, even Mick Foley was churning out sensational work not so long ago, this is an incredible promo.

But aye, I'd say Punks last 2 fit comfortabely inside the the top 10. Obviosuly many will say no, because it's recent, there is this weird thing in wrestling where to go down as one of the best ever it has to be about 10 years old.

uy

TBH, I preferred his promo from Monday night, watching that gave me a shiver down my spine at how good he is. Yes the original was incredible, but there have been absolute belters from back in the day, even Mick Foley was churning out sensational work not so long ago, this is an incredible promo.

But aye, I'd say Punks last 2 fit comfortabely inside the the top 10. Obviosuly many will say no, because it's recent, there is this weird thing in wrestling where to go down as one of the best ever it has to be about 10 years old.

Not really sure why but Punks promos kinda reminded me of Austin in ECW when hes shooting on WCW (even though im aware they are completely different). This is a cracking promo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GnS-qOw89M