The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

Aye, sorry, forgot to put "like on Monday" after "destoying fools" there. Definitely a very good chance of being a successful gimmick if that's how it's going to roughly be.

Can't wait to see where they're going with Jericho. Loved the return two weeks ago and really enjoyed his mini break-down on Monday night too. Easily one of my favourite heels in wrestling, so will be good to see where the full-blown turn finally comes and how.

Pretty interested to see where they're going with Drew McIntyre on Smackdown as well. Certainly seems as if he's away to get a push, but can't quite see where the pay-off is with it yet.

Edited by J_Stewart

When did anyone suggest it actually would be Brodus Clay?

I suggested that it could have been because of something I had read ( can't be arsed going into the theory now ), but also pointed out that it would most likely be a star name, and that it'd be Chris Jericho. I certainly didn't believe it would actually be Brodus Clay.

The guy wasn't laughed at for simply thinking it was Jericho.

Indeed. He was laughed at for being a total psychopath.

Pretty interested to see where they're going with Drew McIntyre on Smackdown as

well. Certainly seems as if he's away to get a push, but can't quite see where

the pay-off is with it yet.

An IC Title win over Cody Rhodes is my best bet.

Vengeance has been dropped from the schedule this year.

A very sensible decision from Vince to go back to 12 PPV's in the year. That period in the Autumn where they had 3 PPV's in 6 weeks was daft.

I think it should have been Bragging Rights that was dropped though, surely a Raw vs Smackdown gimmick is totally redundant when there is virtually no brand split at all now? Raw and Smackdown's rosters are exactly the same, except that Cena is only on Raw.

• Royal Rumble - January 29th
  • Elimination Chamber - February 19th
  • WrestleMania 28 - April 1st
  • Extreme Rules - April 29th
  • Over The Limit - May 20th
  • Bragging Rights - June 17th
  • Money in the Bank - July 15th
  • SummerSlam - August 19th
  • Night of Champions - September 23rd
  • Hell in a Cell - October 28th
  • Survivor Series - November 18th
  • TLC - December 16th

Would have liked to have seen Hell in a Cell dropped for Vengeance really. TLC is fine because those matches don't rely on hate fueds or anything. Plus I'm biased because I love ladder matches.Don't mind the concept of Bragging Rights, but it just hasn't come across too well.

A very sensible decision from Vince to go back to 12 PPV's in the year. That period in the Autumn where they had 3 PPV's in 6 weeks was daft.

I think it should have been Bragging Rights that was dropped though, surely a Raw vs Smackdown gimmick is totally redundant when there is virtually no brand split at all now? Raw and Smackdown's rosters are exactly the same, except that Cena is only on Raw.

I agree with all of this. TBH, I'd rather they drop all the stipulation PPVs and go back to regular ones. I don't mind them keeping the MITB matches and the EC i the months there's at, but I don't like the whole PPV being named after it. Although a return to Mania for the MITB would be immense.

Too soon for RR predictions? I'm going to say Jericho to win.

Not at all. Sheamus to win it. I think Road Dogg, Bad Ass and Foley will return.

Dom Dom, do you want to redo the prediction league this year or shall I continue it?(I wasn't gonna bother with TNA though since there wasn't much interest.)

I'm not sure if they've been mentioned on here as the thread is far too long to go back and check, but I've watched a few Legends of Wrestling episodes online. The round table ones with JR as the host. The one about the Monday Night Wars is excellent, although Bischoff takes quite a bit of heat from Michael Hayes.

I'm not sure if they've been mentioned on here as the thread is far too long to go back and check, but I've watched a few Legends of Wrestling episodes online. The round table ones with JR as the host. The one about the Monday Night Wars is excellent, although Bischoff takes quite a bit of heat from Michael Hayes.

Yeah I've seen a few of them. I like the ones about terretories, the one about the best and worst gimmicks and the one about the toughest guys in wrestling.

EDIT: Forgot to add this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EENUXVkSSlc

Edited by Shuggie_Murray7

I didn't even bother with Genesis. Read what happened and it was the usual; run ins, DQ's, rcheating behind the ref's back etc. Snore. And it was in the Impact Zone, which is guaranteed to make even the best action seem shit. If they insist on staying there, the very least they should do is have the PPVs elsewhere.

Does anyone else have ROH Ringside? I started my subscription to it at the start of the year and it's been well worth it already, at the time I signed up you got a free DVD of your choice - I picked Manhattan Mayhem IV which costs about $19.99, there's apparently over 20 hours of new content a month, it looks like more, early access to the SBG shows and 15% off the ROH shop, which meant I picked up a couple of shows from 2005 for the grand total of $4. It cost me $59.99 for the year which usually I'd grudge but definitely not in this case.

EDIT: For anyone that does think about taking it up, the free DVD deal was meant to finish on Boxing Day but it was at least a week after that, that I signed up so you might still get it.

Edited by ginge123

I'm watching Genesis - the Monster's Ball match was horrendously bad. Anything

Abyss touches turns to shit though.

I actually enjoyed that match more than anything else on the show. Was a good change of pace and suitably fucked up. Bully's Senton was fucking mental.

Dom Dom, do you want to redo the prediction league this year or shall I continue

it

You keep it. I got sick of the sight of it when I done it. I've not even been in the thread since I dumped it!

I thought the X Divison, Monster's Ball, Storm/Angle and WHC title matches were all pretty good. I'd be lying if I said I'd actually finished the others.

edit: and cool, I'll probably start another thread so I can edit the first post and whatnot.

Edited by forehead7

I didn't even bother with Genesis. Read what happened and it was the usual; run ins, DQ's, rcheating behind the ref's back etc. Snore. And it was in the Impact Zone, which is guaranteed to make even the best action seem shit. If they insist on staying there, the very least they should do is have the PPVs elsewhere.

It was awful. I haven't watched TNA at all in a couple of months and I think it was roughly the same feuds as the last time I watched. Bubba-Abyss and the tag match were the only matches on the card which didn't have any screwy bullshit in them I think.

I actually enjoyed that match more than anything else on the show. Was a good change of pace and suitably fucked up. Bully's Senton was fucking mental.

Yeah, the Senton was pretty cool. So, so slow though and had very little storytelling in it.

Storm/Angle was disappointing as was the main event. The show was just decent really. I've had worse times watching PPVs.

Kurt Angle hasn't been up to much for a while. It's quite worrying really.

Where's all the fun and laughs gone from Wrestling? It's so boring and serious in it's own way. Kurt Angle used to be hilarious as well as Ric Flair but nowadays there are so many, what I'd call generic characters.

I've given up on TNA for a few weeks now, didn't bother with Genesis either. Which is a shame because if done right, it could be so good.