The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

Where's all the fun and laughs gone from Wrestling?

WWE actually try and be TOO joking at times. Look at Miz/Truth, which SHOULD be a hate fued, but can't seem to decide whether it's that or a fun fued. Brodus Clay, Mr. Excitement, the Cena and Punk goofyness. It's all over the place. And WWE have always had wee touches of good humour through shows and I think that's the best way to do it.

Where's all the fun and laughs gone from Wrestling? It's so boring and serious in it's own way. Kurt Angle used to be hilarious as well as Ric Flair but nowadays there are so many, what I'd call generic characters.

I agree to a certain extent, and I hugely agree with the section in bold. I think this is a legacy from the rise of the UFC. You have guys like Chuck Liddell, Tito Ortiz or Randy Couture and the wrestling world seem to have tried to copy this through "FirstName Surname" in black trunks.

I didn't even bother with Genesis. Read what happened and it was the usual; run ins, DQ's, rcheating behind the ref's back etc. Snore. And it was in the Impact Zone, which is guaranteed to make even the best action seem shit. If they insist on staying there, the very least they should do is have the PPVs elsewhere.

I don't even bother watching TNA anymore purely because they tend to keep it in the Impact Zone for the most parts. The fact that they hold PPVs there is a joke and completely devalues their biggest events.

Where's all the fun and laughs gone from Wrestling? It's so boring and serious in it's own way. Kurt Angle used to be hilarious as well as Ric Flair but nowadays there are so many, what I'd call generic characters.

That's exactly why I LOVED the funkasaurus. :)

Watching a bit of Raw just now. Daniel Bryan gets absolutely f**k all from the

crowd no love or hate.

Indeed. The LaBell Lock is way over though. He's not as non-over as Jinder Mahal though though. That was funny as f**k.

How long can he stay Heavyweight Champion if no c**t gives a f**k?

With the heel turn just in place, they might give him time. He's certainly better on the mic than he was and is beginning to show some of what he has. I still think he should lose the belt on Smackdown, but would be happy to see him win as well.

I think Mania 30 in the biggest stadium in the US is a great idea. It'll be the most in demand so having it in an arena would cause fucking havoc, and putting it in an arena is a thought which just astonishes me. Of course, the MSG is a sort of different thing in that respect, but this would still be the right move. Biggest show in recent memory=biggest venue.

I don't even bother watching TNA anymore purely because they tend to keep it in the Impact Zone for the most parts. The fact that they hold PPVs there is a joke and completely devalues their biggest events.

Agreed. It's dreadful to watch as well. They have no real way of knowing who's over and who isn't, as the crowd there will only cheer the names of people they've heard of, like Sting or Hogan. Many who attend will have idea about TNA and will have no clue who James Storm or Boddy Roode or Crimson or AJ Style or Samoa Joe etc are.

Watching a bit of Raw just now. Daniel Bryan gets absolutely f**k all from the crowd no love or hate.

How long can he stay Heavyweight Champion if no c**t gives a f**k?

Switched on RAW for the first time in ages this morning and thought my sound was playing up when Bryan came to the stage. Everyone was silent and when I actually looked at the crowd noone was even moving. Strange to say the least.

That's just stupid, he could worsen his injury between the Rumble and Mania and then you've fucked it up.

People have been saying it is something that has been discussed depends on how bad the injury is etc. Its WWE you cannt rule it out.

WWE have never had someone wrestle in the state Orton is in, so "anything can happen" simply doesn't wash here. Do guys wrestle injured? Yes. Do guys wrestle seriously injured? No.

It might have been discussed, but it probably got thrown right out the window.

People have been saying it is something that has been discussed depends on how bad the injury is etc. Its WWE you cannt rule it out.

WWE are limited in their big faces just now as it is, you've only got Punk, Cena and Orton. Sheamus and Big Show are doing a good job but neither of them are at the level of the other three(Sheamus is getting their), Orton's out for like three/four months, that's bad but it'd be even worse if they brought him back way early and he fucked himself up even more and he's out until the summer or it ends his career. I don't think Orton would be too chuffed having to wrestle with a serious injury either.