The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

Apparantly back in the day - The Rockers won the tag team titles against the Hart Foundation at a house show or on tour etc but the match was such a fcuk up that they decided to just ignore the fact that it ever happened and the titles went back to the Hart Foundation, so I believe the Rockers never officially won the titles as a tag team?

Apparantly back in the day - The Rockers won the tag team titles against the Hart Foundation at a house show or on tour etc but the match was such a fcuk up that they decided to just ignore the fact that it ever happened and the titles went back to the Hart Foundation, so I believe the Rockers never officially won the titles as a tag team?

I think the top rope snapped, The Rockers were booked to win the titles, the rope snapped early in the match and the match went to shit, so they ignored the title change ever happened and the HF kept the titles.

The tag team divisions back then were stunning, although around that time, things were beginning to take a WEE bit of a downward spiral. Obviously it was still very good, but when you compare the early 90s to the mid-late 80s... well. Not to take away from The Rockers though. They were probably the best tag team in WWE for a long time. Could you have imagined how good a Midnight Express vs. The Rockers match would have been in the late 80s?!

Different era with a different fanbase really. That said, I don't see any reason why Brodus Clay can't do well. He'll never main event with a gimmick like that I don't think. He's hamstrung right from the off. It's like when Doink didn't get the push because main eventers didn't want to job to a clown. But he could easily be a mainstay in the upper midcard if the gimmick goes as well as I hope.

Just like The Godfather, aye?

Or Ernest "The Cat" Miller :P

He could go one way or another tbh. Just depends how WWE run with him, how much crowd reaction he gets and whether or not they get bored with him. I'm not going to speculate whether he will be a success in the future or not, I'm just going to enjoy it right now.

For the first time I was impressed with cody rhodes on the mic. Gave a good promo, got the crowd involved and came across like a proper arrogant b*****d. He seemed a lot more confident, hopefully can keep it up.

Part of me thinks that they're trying to make it look like anything can happen at house shows to keep people coming in the doors. The other part of me just thinks that the bookers are absolute morons who couldn't give a flying f**k about the tag titles/division.