The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

The Jericho stuff was very predictable. As soon as he was added to the match you

could see him walking out on them a mile off. They really need to do something

with this quickly as I think they are beginning to loose people with it.

They just DID do something. This was the first show of real intent that he's shown. He's gone beyond the piss taking now and into full blown heel territory.

I like that they're doing slow burn, since they seem too interested in the short term most of the time.

Really looking forward to the Rumble now, it's becoming harder to guess a

winner. Is it going to be an established guy? Cena, Orton, Jericho, Miz? Or a

newer guy? Sheamus, Barrett?

Here's a couple of suggestions.

CM Punk: Somehow manages to get himself into the Rumble after a title loss and wins the Rumble in order to get a title shot back.

Mick Foley: He could well go on and face Dolph Ziggler at Wrestlemania in the title match that Ziggler clearly doesn't want.

I think it'll wind up being one of the guys you mentioned, and if I had to guess, I'd probably go with Chris Jericho facing CM Punk for the title. But I wouldn't rule out pretty much anything at the minute, and they MIGHT try something out of leftfield after the reaction Santino nearly winning got.

I've always felt this, but in my opinion Foley made Orton. They had a great feud and Foley left Orton looking like a Superstar when he wasn't quite yet.

Aye, I agree with this. Randy Orton had done a decent job of making the IC Title look good up to that point, but it was the fued with Foley and subsequent classic they had which cemented Orton as a top dog.

They just DID do something. This was the first show of real intent that he's shown. He's gone beyond the piss taking now and into full blown heel territory.

I like that they're doing slow burn, since they seem too interested in the short term most of the time.

I'd guess that a lot of fans switched off turned over due to the lack of explanation. Of course a lot will be hooked to see what Jericho does, but many will have lost patience already with it.

Here's a couple of suggestions.

CM Punk: Somehow manages to get himself into the Rumble after a title loss and wins the Rumble in order to get a title shot back.

Mick Foley: He could well go on and face Dolph Ziggler at Wrestlemania in the title match that Ziggler clearly doesn't want.

I think it'll wind up being one of the guys you mentioned, and if I had to guess, I'd probably go with Chris Jericho facing CM Punk for the title. But I wouldn't rule out pretty much anything at the minute, and they MIGHT try something out of leftfield after the reaction Santino nearly winning got.

Looking forward to Ziggler vs Punk, I reckon it'll be a cracker. But I can't see them taking the title off of Punk heading to Mania. I reckon he'll take the title into it and Jericho will be your Rumble winner. I think it's inevitible that it'll end up Jericho vs Punk at some point either way.

I'd have Punk vs Ziggler, where Ziggler is made to look like a legit future world champ but Punk gets the win. Then in the Rumble have Jericho fail to enter when his music hits, fairly early on....then wait until the last couple of guys are left, probably Cena, Sheamus and Barrett, and then Jericho makes his entrance and gets the win.

Oh, and it's worth noting that Evan "Drug Abusing Seedy Wee Shitehawk" Bourne has been suspended for 60 days.

Oh my god, I can not believe this!!!ohmy.gif

In all seriousness, I knew this was coming. When I saw the footage of Bourne being pinned at the live event to loose the titles and then again last night in the rematch I had a feeling he had fucked up again.

He really is going about it the right way to get himself fired with 2 suspensions in what? 2 months? He seems like a guy who would be happy to go back to the indies....at least he has a place there whenever he wants it.

He really is going about it the right way to get himself fired with 2

suspensions in what? 2 months? He seems like a guy who would be happy to go back

to the indies....at least he has a place there whenever he wants it.

Aye, I think he does want to be fired since nobody likes him for being a grassing wee dick. Doesn't help that he has the charisma of a spade.

Oh, here's something interesting...

In the event of a second positive test for substances prohibited by this Policy

other than marijuana and alcohol, the WWE Talent shall be suspended for sixty

(60) days, fined an amount equal to sixty (60) days' pay deducted from the WWE

Talent's downside guarantee on a weekly basis and WWE will publicly disclose

the WWE Talent's name and duration of the suspension and indicating a second

violation the Policy.

Isn't it marijuana he got done with last time? Or is it because it was synthetic marijuana, the rules are different?

Someone suggested elsewhere a decent Foley idea.

He comes down to the ring at the Rumble to keep Laurinaitis in check. Punk wins it. Ziggler feels that Foley cost him(maybe he "costs" him another match or something later on) and then have Foley vs Ziggler, hardcore match at Mania. Laurinaitis recruits Jericho to try and dethrone Punk.

I think Sheamus will win the Rumble.

Oh, here's something interesting...

Isn't it marijuana he got done with last time? Or is it because it was synthetic marijuana, the rules are different?

It was spice, a synthetic equivalent of marijuana that I'm sure is now illegal in the States.

The only reason anyone smoked spice before was to avoid testing at work or on parole.

Read this on another message board, but my new favourite Royal Rumble scenario is it gets down to two guys (say, Orton and Barrett) with the #30 entrant still to arrive. Orton and Barrett eliminate each other, meaning #30 is the automatic winner. That man is Jericho, who just comes out and cheers, celebrates and cries about his huge Rumble victory.

Doubt it'll happen, but would love to see Christian return and win the Rumble. Would fit nicely with the "one more match" gimmick to have it at 'Mania, and could also turn him face as he's likely to be inducting Edge in to the HOF, so a World championship match the next night would make some kind of sense, while the "one more match" chant could easily become a crowd pleaser. A feud between him and a heel Daniel Bryan could be absolutely fantastic.

Haven't seen Raw yet, but youtubed Jericho's walk-out and Punk's promo so saw the whole main event and fall out. Very well done and Punk's promo was fucking brilliant as you'd expect. Can't wait to see what they do with the match at the Rumble now.

Edited by J_Stewart

Dolph Ziggler will win the Royal Rumble

After facing Punk in a title match the same night? I like it but can't see it happening.

"I think I'm cute

I've got gold medals

I've got the moves

That make them all tap out.

The Angle Slam

The Ankle Lock

Marty Jannety

Still can't walk

I'm just a sexy Kurt (sexy Kurt)

I'll make your ankle hurt (ankle hurt)"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEvKTnQnijM

Punk's promo was outstanding, and loved seeing Laurenaitis snap.... after saying his full job title. :lol: That'll never get old. Foley was good in his role, also.

By the way, further to what I posted before about Shane Douglas' Extreme Reunion promotion, if anyone else cares - PWInsiderElite(for which you can get a free 3 day trial) have a really good podcast with him talking about the project. It's going to be something long term, with a lot of non-ECW originals gradually introduced, and the guy behind Wrestling Society X(Kevin Kleinrock) is working on it with him. The guy speaks a lot of sense about the business.