The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

Michaels vs Angle at WM21 did.

That was an amazing match between two brilliant wrestlers, but it didn't have the storytelling that Michaels vs Taker did IMO.

And I agree with Dom, their WM26 match is my favourite of the 2.

On the topic of great WrestleMania matches, one that is under rated and one of my favourite Mania main events ever was Cena vs HHH from Mania 22. Incredible story telling in that match. It was during a period where I just got fed up with Cena winning week in and week out and was absolutely wanting HHH to win. The only time I remember genuinely screaming, cheering and booing as though at a Saints game.

If cena beats the Rock at WM then I will have to kill myself. He shouldn't be allowed to beat the Great One.

Of course he fucking should! Not entirely sure why The Rock should get the win in what might be a one off ( unless it isn't, which is what some people have been suggesting ). I'd say giving Cena the massive win makes sense in those circumstances.

Michaels vs. Angle was a good shout, but it sort of felt like it was two guys trying too hard to have a classic. Which is fair enough, but if you find yourself thinking that while the match is still going on, then there might be a problem, and I was thinking that. It's probably the only time while watching a Mania match that I have actually.

I think Michaels vs Flair at WM 24 is my favourite Mania match. The storytelling was amazing and I still don't know how HBK managed to pull such a good match out of Flair. Sadly Flair has since pissed all over the legacy of that match and his send off the following night :(

My favourite Mania match was the McMahon in every corner match. Single matches have never massively entertained me unless there is a stipulation of sorts or it's an absolute belter of a match, like Michaels vs Taker. Overall though, I'm a Rumble man and 2000 can't be bettered IMO.

Michaels vs. Angle was a good shout, but it sort of felt like it was two guys trying too hard to have a classic. Which is fair enough, but if you find yourself thinking that while the match is still going on, then there might be a problem, and I was thinking that. It's probably the only time while watching a Mania match that I have actually.

This is exactly how I felt about HHH-Taker from last year. I'm a huge fan of both guys but I hated that match.

I thought the Rumble was pretty poor. Road Dogg was obviously the highlight. The Cena-Ryder-Kane stuff is embarrassing to watch. Ryder has become really over-exposed in this feud.

I'll be surprised if they cut MITB as a PPV, considering it was the best PPV by far in 2011.

I don;t think it would be too bad an idea to have a PPV and a 'Mania match - the 'Mania match can be for a shot at any title, whilst the two ppv ones can be brand specific.

It could risk gimmick overkill with three multi-man ladder matches in about 3-4 months though

A wee note to anyone who wants to see ICW at some point. The next show's tickets are on sale, and they've sold 150 tickets in two days, which is quite alarming. I've decided to get mines tomorrow instead of Monday, and there will be a SHEDLOAD going at the weekend I'd imagine. In other words, I don't expect the tickets to last to Monday. It's on Sunday 26th of Feb.

Im pretty sure my old friend wrestles for ICW, or at least is a " diva " in it. She was tagged in their pics the other day. I knew she was part of a wrestling company but didn't realise it was the one you spoke about until this week.

I don;t think it would be too bad an idea to have a PPV and a 'Mania match - the 'Mania match can be for a shot at any title, whilst the two ppv ones can be brand specific.

It could risk gimmick overkill with three multi-man ladder matches in about 3-4 months though

It also devalues the Rumble as this is the method they now use to push midcarders into the main event.

What is going to happen when it comes Hunter V Taker when he takes his hat off and has relatively short hair

I'm sure he's been growing it for a while now, and he's got two whole months to continue said growth!

I just hope he won't cut it short like when he turned heel when he was still in the American Badass gimmick.