The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

Any former champion active around Invasion time. Kurt Angle, Austin, Rock etc. I'd imagine they'd be high up.

Edit: I don't know why I thought this had anything to do with champions. Primo Colon could be a shout he's changed a lot.

Edited by ginge123

Piper didn't change that much did he? Was a heel during the Rock n Wrestling phase and then a face for basically the rest of his run (although he did return as a heel in 2003).

Somebody queer like Billy Gunn or Bob Holly if it was a non world champion?

Finished watching the ICW show on Sky. Pretty entertaining, the commentary was good and the in-ring action was good as well. The only two "problems" I might have had was that the ring was a bit on the small side and that a bit too much time was wasted on the second segment, where not a lot was happening and it was just two guys staring at each other. I lost who was who after about two seconds during the first match, it was two bald, muscular men with black shorts - not a criticism of ICW by the way I just thought it was quite funny.

I'll definitely be tuning in next week.

The other baldy guy was Adam Shame who has been having something of an online fued with Chris Renfrew. That little bit led to the "Adam Shame is as popular as a blow job from a bushwacker." line which makes it worth it.

funny-gifs-wrestlers-are-well-oiled-machines.gif

:lol: :lol:

Mate, that is one of the funniest things I've saw.

Big Boss Man and Akeem were also involved in another huge blooper at WM 5 or 6. I've got the boxed classic set and the Boss Man went up the top rope to drop down for a double axehandle or something. He was doing the thing where he was perched on the top rope with his hands on the ropes trying to get balanced. Once he stood up straight he slipped and fell right off and down to the outside on the floor.

Jesse Ventura: "The big mans going up, he's going to kill Marty Jannetty. ...................... Oh"

Edit - watch the boss man when he realises Akeem is out of there

Edited by Dindeleux

The card for ICW is beginning to come together a bit.

#1 Contender's Match for the Zero G Title

Andy Wild vs. Liam Thomson vs. TJ Rage vs. Falcon vs. Scott Maverick vs. Johnny Starr

Mikey Whiplash vs. Carmel and Kay Lee Ray

William Grange vs. Paul Tracey

Kid Fite vs. Lionheart vs. Wolfgang

Found this floating about on the interwebs and thought it was pretty interesting:

Here is a list of Hulk Hogans opponents and how they rank. What I did was look at my results and see who worked Hogan in a singles match from the time he won the title on January 23, 1984 till he left WWF in 1993.

I gave them points for every card they headlined that drew 10,000 or more fans. This is just a tool to see who drew the best working Hogan, and can help with any Hall of Fame discussions.

Also I did not take into account tag team opponents, which he worked a lot of tag matches.

1) Randy Savage 63

2) Paul Orndorff 54

3) Big Bossman 42

4) Kamala 28

5) Big John Studd 20

6) One Man Gang 17

7) Ric Flair 15

8 ) Earthquake 13

Sgt. Slaughter 13

Mr. Perfect 13

9) Iron Sheik 12

10) Don Muraco 11