The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

I tried watching SD again for a few weeks but I just find it impossible. Even if SD was 10x better than RAW, there's just something about it. :unsure:

I find the timing to be quite poor. I don't tend to watch it live, or "live", cause it's a Friday night so I'd need to catch it online. I tend to be more focused on football on Saturday and Sunday so forget about it and then when Monday rolls round it's Raw and I've completely forgot about Smackdown.

How many times has DiBiase faced Hunico though? Seems like it's happening everytime I watch Smackdown blink.gif

That's a staple of SmackDown. They put 2 guys together that nobody really cares about and force feed it to us until we hate them more than we already do. I remember MVP as US champ against Matt Hardy. They had a couple of decent matches and then they proceeded to give us MVP vs Hardy or MVP & partner vs Matt Hardy & partner every songle week for about a good 4/5 months. It's the reason i can't stand either of them now.

I find the timing to be quite poor. I don't tend to watch it live, or "live", cause it's a Friday night so I'd need to catch it online. I tend to be more focused on football on Saturday and Sunday so forget about it and then when Monday rolls round it's Raw and I've completely forgot about Smackdown.

I enjoy SD from time to time, but my main problem with it is the fact it's not live. It just seems edited to f**k every weel, especially when they add things like "From the Vault" in. Aye smashing, a good match from 3/4/5 year ago, but I actually tuned in to see what happened THIS week.

I think I might have mentioned this before on here, but I'll say it again, SmackDown is being booked like it's the "kids alternative" to Raw. The Natalya fart "angle", The Big Show is pretty over with kids - and WWE will know that, the champion is playing a classic coward heel etc. It's not "for" the older audiences.

Whatever happened to MVP? I stopped watching wrestling for a while and when i came back he just wasn't there anymore. Also why did Bobby Lashley leave?

Contract expired I think, he's now wrestling in Japan and doing very well for himself.

On the topic of Lashley, if I remember right there was a story at the time going around that there was an altercation between him and Michael Hayes. Aparently Hayes would only refer to him as "Black Lesnar", I think Hayes was suspended for racisim or am I imagining that?

Edited by Shuggie_Murray7

Anyone been watching Ring Ka King? Just watched Episode 2, not bad. The commentary and some of the backstage segments being in Hindi gets a bit irritating, but the ring announcing and other backstage segments are in English, so you can just about keep up with what's going on. The production values are excellent, and the matches are pretty decent, getting a good deal of time unlike what's often the case in WWE and TNA. Some of the local talent is surprisingly good. Steiner's still hilarious.

Whatever happened to MVP? I stopped watching wrestling for a while and when i came back he just wasn't there anymore. Also why did Bobby Lashley leave?

Look up the Art of Wrestling podcast by Colt Cabana, this weeks guest was MVP.

On the topic of Lashley, if I remember right there was a story at the time going around that there was an altercation between him and Michael Hayes. Aparently Hayes would only refer to him as "Black Lesnar", I think Hayes was suspended for racisim or am I imagining that?

I've heard similar things, I don't think anyone knows for certain what the reason is though.

I am currently playing catchup on Art of Wrestling so won't be listening any time soon. What was said? I thought that outside of the drug test thing, it was all a bit quiet between MVP and WWE.

I've heard similar things, I don't think anyone knows for certain what the

reason is though.

Isn't there a rumour about Hayes saying something about Mark Henry as well?

I am currently playing catchup on Art of Wrestling so won't be listening any time soon. What was said? I thought that outside of the drug test thing, it was all a bit quiet between MVP and WWE.

I haven't had a chance to listen to it yet either, I'll probably catch it tomorrow on my way to uni. I think this might be MVP's second guest appearance, that's just off the top of my head though.

I found this on Yahoo! answers:

The following article is from Wrestlingrevealed.com

"The reason why Smackdown head writer Michael Hayes was suspended for 60 days was because he used a racial slur towards Mark Henry.

The N Word

During Wrestlemania weekend, there was an incident between Michael Hayes and Mark Henry.

Michael Hayes blurted out, "I'm more of a n----- than you are."

The incident occurred at one of the many parties that weekend. Michael Hayes had been drinking prior to the incident.

Mark Henry took offense to the comment and a physical altercation went down between the two.

The situation was reported to upper management, and a 60 day suspension was handed to Michael Hayes.

Michael Hayes is meant to be a complete wierdo, I think.

I think he's mentioned a few times in this hilarious list: http://www.angelfire.com/wrestling3/kotdm15/listsleeze.html

I much prefer Smackdown to Raw right now, the only thing that really annoys me is the constant pushing of Big Show. Worthless lardarse.

I thought the in ring segment with AJ and Cole was really well done and It is good to see a diva being used outwith pointless 30 second squash matches.

Daniel Bryan as a heel impresses me more very week, his Morrissey-esque outrage at any mention of meat eating is pretty funny.

The promo at the start was good as well, Sheamus and Barrett could have a really good feud at some point and Rhodes didn't seem out of place with the main eventers.

I think Hayes' comment to Henry was along the lines of 'I'm more of a n***er than you are'

Good old Michael 'PS' Suarez.

You barely know what Compton is even talking about for half of it, he sounds steaming/stonned everytime I hear him. I listened to the one with PAC the other day, it was like a sit down with his shrink.

Regarding Domino, I just love it when he says f**k. "Fuuuuuck"

The PAC one was pretty good like, weird though.

I thought MVP has always said he left on good terms with WWE. The AOW with him was one of the best podcasts I've listened to him on the internet. The story of MVP's young life is incredible