The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

Haha, I think someone fucked up :lol::lol::lol:

Randy's turn and look at the main camera was priceless there, think the guy in charge of playing the entrance music is gettin fired.

Noticed that myself. Can't see them showing a replay of that without editing it.

Haha, I think someone fucked up :lol::lol::lol:

Randy's turn and look at the main camera was priceless there, think the guy in charge of playing the entrance music is gettin fired.

Aye, Orton will see to that . He was absolutely beelin'. :lol:

That was an awesome Raw last night IMO. Piper was as usual top class on the mic. Really enjoyed the main event as well. A strange conclusion to the match. I wonder where it'll lead to.

Edited by YER SISTERS YER MAW

Would you mind getting a link to this mistake? Love a good wrestling blooper from time to time...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6pZHlfljhs

About 7:50.

Baws, the audio/video don't match up on that, it's actually a bit longer before they play the music. If that makes sense.

Edited by Denji

We're approaching Superbrawl, which of course I'll be covering in all of it's glory. This is the last stop before the PPV though.

WCW Nitro 05/02/1996

Randy Savage © vs. Chris Benoit - WCW World Heavyweight Championship

Interestingly, Benoit doesn't have any Horsemen coming to the ring with him. I wonder how long that lasts. I think this is the first time I've seen a title match on Nitro where the result is a foregone conclusion. Bischoff calls the chops of Benoit "slaps", which irritates me quite a bit. Benoit dominates this match well and truly, with Benoit looking great against the top dog. Can't get fairer than that. Benoit takes a NASTY bump, hitting his forehead on the floor after missing a Suicide Dive. Really good match which ends when the Horsemen attack Savage.

Woman turned on Randy Savage during that attack. Hogan comes to the ring and makes sure that the attack is stopped. Savage gets taken away. FLAIR SHOWS UP AND SPIKES HOGAN IN THE EYE !!! He then rakes at the bad eye of Hogan. The Giant then heads for the ring and enters. The Giant hits Hogan with the chair. Savage gets back to the ring and everyone leaves Hogan. Savage then blames Elizabeth for Hogan getting attacked. :lol: Superb. A domestic. That was some belting build for Superbrawl though.

The Taskmaster and Hugh Morrus vs. Arn Anderson and Brian Pillman

This seems a bit odd considering what just happened, but I guess the issues need to be resolved one way or the other. Love when Taskmaster and Pillman get into the ring and start beating the ever loving crap out of each other. The match breaks down and heads around the arena. Someone belts Arn Anderson with a broom while all of this is going on. Anyways, the match is thrown off.

The Taskmaster and Hugh Morrus work over Pillman after the match but he manages to escape the ring. Is it wrong that I'm looking forward to a strap match between Brian Pillman and The Taskmaster ?

Paul Orndorff is at the commentary booth and basically owns up to the broom attack on Arn Anderson. That Piledriver came back and bit him on the arse ! Quality.

Marcus Bagwell vs. Ric Flair

The commentators say that Savage has taken Hogan to the hospital. I suppose that means that Flair avoids the obligatory interference. Bagwell is super over here. Absolutely ridiculous spot here. I think Flair was supposed to throw Bagwell over the top rope. He didn't, but Bagwell went and leaped over anyways. Was quite refreshing to see Ric Flair actually get the submission win with the Figure Four Leglock. The match was pretty good as well.

Randy Savage hits the ring and then he runs after Ric Flair who decides to get the f**k out of there.

Sting and Lex Luger © vs. The Road Warriors - WCW Tag Team Championships

Apparently the power goes out at the arena, causing the show to momentarily go off and on. I'd wish that the power stayed off for the rest of the hour, because it would have meant that I didn't have to sit through what remained of what was a really boring match from these four guys. We didn't even have Lex Luger doing his hilarious "I'm a p***k" routine all the way through the match which helped the title change match along. Poor stuff. Luger wins with a weapon shot.

Sting seen the weapon shot this time around, and he isn't happy. Mean Gene is in the ring with Hawk and Animal. Hawk demands a match against the winner of the tag title match at Superbrawl. Animal basically wants the same thing.

Commentary wrap things up. Decent show, with some cracking build to the PPV.

Brilliant episode of Raw on Monday night - why can't it be like that more often?

Yeah was really good, It did'nt seem like a Raw though cause they were'nt using the set and tron etc. But I loved the entrance way and everything just had a cool look about it.

Also for Nickelback that new Raw theme aint that bad.

Someone ruined RAW for me, making it pointless to watch. I did give the main event a go though and it was pretty good. I'll shove a ***1/4 on it.

SPOILERS AHEAD

ECW on SyFy 18/11/2009

We get the blowoff for the Hurricane/Burchill fued this week I think. I hope it's the main event.

CM Punk is on screen to open the show. He says winning 3 world titles is ECW's best achievement. He thinks he'll get a long standing ovation. Good luck with that.

Zack Ryder and Rosa Mendes head for the ring to open the show, and Ryder hits on Rosa basically. Rosa Mendes does a superb job of what appears to be deliberately boring the crowd. No sarcasm there, and she goes on another sideroad when Zack says he's challenging Shelton Benjamin. This is great. :lol: Shelton Benjamin then heads for the ring. "We've wrestled a few times already, and you've always been a tool". Anyways, match made. That was actually quite a fun opening segment.

Paul Burchill vs. The Hurricane - Mask vs. ECW Career

I suppose with CM Punk being on the show, it makes sense that this match gets the long opening match slot. I think they got the timing all wrong on the break and it hurt the section between the dive and the start of the break. Burchill has developed into the big bruiser pretty well. Although I don't get the commentator and his "rugby style offense" comment. This was a cracking main event style match. Really should have closed the show with this. You HAVE to see the finish to this match. Spectacular stuff. ***3/4

CM Punk and Tiffany are backstage. Weird segment which basically promotes drinking. CM Punk's face at the end is one of confusion, as is mines.

Vance Archer vs. Johnny Andrews

Bitch is goin' down. Archer's music is great. The bass that kicks in before it cuts off here is incredible. Archer looks brilliant here. He is slow with what he does, but it looks clinical rather than boring, which is fine by me. I don't rate squash matches. N/A

CM Punk and Christian are backstage this time. This time we're also promoting taking drugs as well.

We get a video using "Empire State of Mind". :D This song has the best chorus in ages.

CM Punk and William Regal vs. Christian and R-Truth

I didn't realise that Punk being on the show meant that R-Truth had to be on the show too. :( Once again he surprises me here though. His stuff with CM Punk at the moment seems to be working fine. Seemed a bit pointless moving the Truth/Punk fued over to the ECW brand though. **3/4

OVERALL

Cracking show this week, but the stuff with Punk backstage was just bizarre. Especially in the PG era WWE.

Its been like that a few times, Royal Rumble 2000 (think the Rock won) and Survivor Series 2002 (the first elimination chamber) to name a few..

Aye but its pretty cool they used it for Raw too. Think thats the first time they've used it for Raw. Usually the just have the tron etc in MSG for Raw.

Catch the 2 page spread on Hogan and Flair in the Record (and I think the Sun as well today) lol. They were actually asking the question if that brawl they had was real or a work. That pair can 'work the marks' in a way WWE can only dream of.

(edit) The Sun knew it was a work but the Record didn't lol.

Edited by Sir Kevin Of Kilsyth

The Daily Record didn't really say either way, but I'm pretty sure they knew what was going down. Superb piece of work which has gained worldwide press. Kudos to both Ric Flair and Hulk Hogan for this.

If this has gained that much press overseas, you can imagine what it has done to promote the tour in Australia.

I really need to get Superbrawl VI watched. :(