The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

Watching Davey Richards' first couple of years on the US indy scene has shown me just how fucking dreadful he is now. I can't think of anyone who has deteriorated so badly since starting in places like ROH and PWG than he did. His tag team work is still pretty good for the most part as his ring time is limited. When you looked at the Wolves when they first formed, I'd have said Davey Richards was the better of the two. Now the gap is so wide the other way it isn't even funny, and now Davey Richards has ANOTHER partner in ROH who is better than him. What gives?

Oh, ICW tonight has two matches.

1) Mikey Whiplash vs. Jack Jester: Their first match was good so this should be good too. Admittedly, I didn't see much as I was heading through the crowd to reach the toilet.

2) James Scott © vs. BT Gunn for the ICW Title: Probably the second must-see match from ICW that has been on. The hot as f**k crowd added to the UNREAL final stretch, and a fucking vile bump early on makes this entertainment. The reaction to the finish is an absolute joy to behold.

Edited by DomDom

This spoiler is in regards to Drew McIntyre...

Match #2

Ezekiel Jackson def Drew McIntyre (Drew started a new sexually ambiguous gimmick, kissing the guys in the crowd and undoing his hair and started combing it mid match). Cody Rhodes interfered afterwards nailing Crossroads on Zeke.

http://www.lordsofpain.net/reports/wwe/houseshows/WWE_House_Show_Results_from_Tegucigalpa_Honduras_2_23_12.html

:lol:

Match #2

Ezekiel Jackson def Drew McIntyre (Drew started a new sexually ambiguous gimmick, kissing the guys in the crowd and undoing his hair and started combing it mid match). Cody Rhodes interfered afterwards nailing Crossroads on Zeke.

http://www.lordsofpa...as_2_23_12.html

what.png

Match #2

laugh.gif Fucking hell.

12733.jpg

Watching Davey Richards' first couple of years on the US indy scene has shown me just how fucking dreadful he is now. I can't think of anyone who has deteriorated so badly since starting in places like ROH and PWG than he did. His tag team work is still pretty good for the most part as his ring time is limited. When you looked at the Wolves when they first formed, I'd have said Davey Richards was the better of the two. Now the gap is so wide the other way it isn't even funny, and now Davey Richards has ANOTHER partner in ROH who is better than him. What gives?

I'd be inclined to say he's hit a plateau and he's gotten complacent as to actually trying to improve. Maybe he's being limited by their TV deal, I doubt this though, and hasn't been able to adapt as quick.

Match #2

:lol: I can't wait to see how the explain that, if they explain it.

It's fucking Rico all over again.

Oh, ICW tonight has two matches.

1) Mikey Whiplash vs. Jack Jester: Their first match was good so this should be good too. Admittedly, I didn't see much as I was heading through the crowd to reach the toilet.

2) James Scott © vs. BT Gunn for the ICW Title: Probably the second must-see match from ICW that has been on. The hot as f**k crowd added to the UNREAL final stretch, and a fucking vile bump early on makes this entertainment. The reaction to the finish is an absolute joy to behold.

Was in Walkabout yesterday and saw Jester coming in. An absolute monster of a guy.

Watching Best of WCW Nitro on Netflix, holy f**k early 90's Hulk Hogan is awful at wrestling and loud, fast and aggresive promos. Scott Hall's initial promo in WCW, after they left WWF, is also unbelievably bad.

Impact sh*te so far. Haven't watched it in a few weeks but after reading some people enjoyed it I thought I'd give it a chance again.

Roode as a moany wee heel? Selfish champion? Imagine a champion not wanting to give away the title? Boo hoo hoo tears!

They seriously need to start again. Away from the quiet zone.